• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you're the Cardinals GM.....

Do you trade out of number 1?

• Yes I'm looking for additional picks for the next two years

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Nope I'm rolling the dice on the 7 picks I have this year

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Im staying cause I don't think Rosen is good enough

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any chance in hell that any team would give a 3rd rounder for a 36 year old WR past his prime. Teams value draft picks too much.

I guess to each theory their own I know if my seahawks were super bowl contenders and we were all in I would give up a 3rd rounder for Larry Fitz

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking the best D-Lineman available. Whether that is Bosa, the Houston kid, or the Clemson dude or whatever.

There isn't a good enough QB available imo for a team to give up a bunch to acquire that #1 pick

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So? I'm not seeing at all how that relates to this conversation. The 1st pick isn't what got that GM fired, it was (among many mistakes) trading the 12th pick when they had a shot at getting Deshaun Watson. Saying a GM is bound to get fired for drafting a BPA DE at #1 seems a bit foolish. They aren't taking a QB, and I don't know any other players that would make more sense for them at #1.

I don't think they "need to suck for two years", I'm saying they're more than 1 draft away from turning this around, so grabbing the best players instead of trying to trade back isn't a bad idea. Trust me, I'm a Browns fan. I know what I'm talking about here.
Sure, and the consensus had you taking Chubb last year.

It's early. Theyll probably take a pass rusher but I wouldn't rule out a trade.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not a fan of Rosen, haven't been for some time before he was drafted. They drafted him top 10 so you give him more chances obviously. If you keep the pick you draft Bosa to go opposite of Chandler Jones but it really depends on what you could get for this pick?
What are their biggest needs from a Cardinals fan perspective...OL? Weapons for Rosen?
Trade and go O-line, o-line, offense if the talent permits.

The cards have had the worst ranked o-line in the league the entire year. You can’t even attempt to assess Rosen after this year.

On the opposite end, Mayfield has had the 2nd best o-line in the league. Jackson has a top 10 line while the Jets and Bills are in the 20’s. Is it any shock the top rookie QB’s have the better o-lines?

Surround Rosen with a decent o-line and some additional weapons and he will be a quality starter.

2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 15 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are in a weird spot. 6th ranked pass rush, awful D against the run, awful QB play, awful WR play, awful TE play, sub par oline and it all bottles up their good running back.

They basically need to do what the Rams did. Get an offensive guy to fix their trainwreck QB and make him a good QB. Fix their oline. Draft offensive skill positions. So they need a lot of draft picks.

Trade down. Twice maybe.
The worst part of the Cards is the o-line.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade and go O-line, o-line, offense if the talent permits.

The cards have had the worst ranked o-line in the league the entire year. You can’t even attempt to assess Rosen after this year.

On the opposite end, Mayfield has had the 2nd best o-line in the league. Jackson has a top 10 line while the Jets and Bills are in the 20’s. Is it any shock the top rookie QB’s have the better o-lines?

Surround Rosen with a decent o-line and some additional weapons and he will be a quality starter.

2018 NFL Offensive Line Rankings: All 32 teams' units after Week 15 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

You can't be a good to great QB without an OL, but it is more than that. I wasn't a fan of him in college either. I think he could be suitable but he isn't going to worth that top 10 pick imo.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have a lot of good talent right now... They need to trade down... They need quite a few new starters...

This. They just drafted a quarterback very high last year.

I will try and parlay that pic into multiple picks.

Someone is going to have to really like one of the top defensive players though to give up a lot. None of the quarterbacks are worthy of giving up the farm

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be a good to great QB without an OL, but it is more than that. I wasn't a fan of him in college either. I think he could be suitable but he isn't going to worth that top 10 pick imo.
We shall see.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always curious to see a team all ready with a young franchise QB who gets the #1 pick with a star QB coming out. What I mean is I always wanted to see at team do this...

Flip the #1 pick (superstar QB in the draft) and trade down to 10 and pick up 2 more first.

Then trade back from 10 to 24 and pick up two 2nds.

Then trade from 24 to 41 and pick up two thirds.

Then trade from 41 to 69 and pick up two 4th.

Literally taking one number one pick and trade back and back and back so that for the next TWO drafts you have
2 firsts
2 seconds
2 thirds
2 fourths...
For the two following years by dumping one #1 pick.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, and the consensus had you taking Chubb last year.

It's early. Theyll probably take a pass rusher but I wouldn't rule out a trade.
Huh? Where does that fit in here?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see.

Yeah I'm with Scoob on this whole Rosen topic:

Get the kid a offensive minded coach is first
then get a oline that will protect him in the passing game and that will open holes for the running game.

Remember everyone thought Goff sucked as well, then McVay walking into the place and now their offense is top five and he has done really well with Sean coaching him.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cards GM, I'm passed out drunk somewhere. If I'm the 49ers GM, I'm looking for my quarterback of the future

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the Cards GM, I'm passed out drunk somewhere. If I'm the 49ers GM, I'm looking for my quarterback of the future

If I’m the Rams GM, i’m worried about being 1-2 In the past three games while the 1 win was against the worst team in the league.

As a matter of fact, the Rams are 4-3 in their last 7 while giving up 28 points per game. If I’m the Rams GM, I’m scared shitless about going all in this year while looking very average headed into the postseason.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams GM is smart enough to understand the schedule, no losses to any scrubs with some tough road games in the last 7 games.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams GM is smart enough to understand the schedule, no losses to any scrubs with some tough road games in the last 7 games.
He could be a genius. But there are no scrubs in the postseason so....

Last edited:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I’m the Rams GM, i’m worried about being 1-2 In the past three games while the 1 win was against the worst team in the league.

As a matter of fact, the Rams are 4-3 in their last 7 while giving up 28 points per game. If I’m the Rams GM, I’m scared shitless about going all in this year while looking very average headed into the postseason.

IF I were the rams GM. I'd be worried about all of those 1 year contracts, whose gonna be paid and how I'm I going to replace lost talent.

This is why the Seahawks are in a good position. Worry about Clark( who is willing to take a tag)and Wright and then focus on the draft.

As for Cards. This is one of the few times I agree with Scooby. Take a OL later (10-20 range), focus on targets for Rosen, as much as i hate him, and some more protection

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I were the rams GM. I'd be worried about all of those 1 year contracts, whose gonna be paid and how I'm I going to replace lost talent.

This is why the Seahawks are in a good position. Worry about Clark( who is willing to take a tag)and Wright and then focus on the draft.

As for Cards. This is one of the few times I agree with Scooby. Take a OL later (10-20 range), focus on targets for Rosen, as much ad i hate him.

Not worried at all, season shown who is worth keeping.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Where does that fit in here?
The conversation last year was that the Browns didn't need more pass rush. That applies doubly to the Cardinals. Thats literally the only thing they do well.

That being said, you could plug Bosa into Golden's spot and average at least 5 more sacks a year over the span of five years. Golden has the tenacity (and probably 10 yd split) but he doesn't have Bosa's physical gifts (size/length) and Bosa will be able to step in right away assuming he is healthy and is 6.5 years younger which is a massive boon.

This is actually a really tough spot for Arizona imo because if/when they draft Bosa they are going to have to probably spend literally every other pick of the draft on offense to compensate. PFF had them dead last in oline last I checked.

I see both sides to this but I think if I was GM I'd go:

Rd1: Bosa
Rd2: BPA Center
Rd3: BPA WR

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be a genius. But there are there no scrubs in the postseason so....

So, we lost to NO and Chicago on the road and the Super Bowl champs with Foles at QB. So remind me why should he be worried. Even saying the word, just emphasis that you don't what you are talking about. Our losses look better than any team in the league.

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...you should be out of a job. Homeboy got a DUI, gave Bradford a ton of guaranteed money, and then hired a head coach who apparently too incompetent to be given more than 1 season.