• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If you're the Cardinals GM.....

Do you trade out of number 1?

• Yes I'm looking for additional picks for the next two years

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Nope I'm rolling the dice on the 7 picks I have this year

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Im staying cause I don't think Rosen is good enough

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Potato Salad with Bacon

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A super bowl contending team like the Saints, Patriots, or Rams would definitely give up a 3rd rounder for Larry Fitz

David Johnson is tricky because he came off that big time injury but when the eagles lost Ajaji I can see them giving up a high draft pick

:nono: Since they could have went after Bell, I'm sure they called but Arizona feels like keep Johnson around

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: Since they could have went after Bell, I'm sure they called but Arizona feels like keep Johnson around

Yeah I am sure they didn't want to blow up their team I was being hypothetical I thought a team like the Eagles would give up a 2nd maybe a 1st if Johnson never got injured. I think the steelers wanted a lot in return for Bell which is why he wasn't traded

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am sure they didn't want to blow up their team I was being hypothetical I thought a team like the Eagles would give up a 2nd maybe a 1st if Johnson never got injured. I think the steelers wanted a lot in return for Bell which is why he wasn't traded

Yeah I think your right to a point, I'm sure there was phone calls, but the asking price was to much.
But at that same time, your point about moving Johnson, or Peterson could happen now if they got decent picks.
But with that said, do they do that to their fanbase after this season. I mean they pissed off a lot of their fans this year with the OC then the HC...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think your right to a point, I'm sure there was phone calls, but the asking price was to much.
But at that same time, your point about moving Johnson, or Peterson could happen now if they got decent picks.
But with that said, do they do that to their fanbase after this season. I mean they pissed off a lot of their fans this year with the OC then the HC...

yeah I agree I was talking before the season after watching Johnson average 3.7 yards a carry there is no way I would give up a high draft pick.

I don't think they want to piss off their fanbase because that whole city is sick of their franchises, the suns suck, the diamondbacks are fire selling. I am sure the cardinals want to capture fan interest by making their team somewhat decent. I truly believe they are way better than their record it was just poor coaching

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I agree I was talking before the season after watching Johnson average 3.7 yards a carry there is no way I would give up a high draft pick.

I don't think they want to piss off their fanbase because that whole city is sick of their franchises, the suns suck, the diamondbacks are fire selling. I am sure the cardinals want to capture fan interest by making their team somewhat decent. I truly believe they are way better than their record it was just poor coaching

Their Oline is not that good!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their Oline is not that good!

My thing is that if you need a great Oline to help you be productive you aren't a great RB. I believe behind a bad Oline Todd Gurly can manage 1000 yards and 7-8 TDs

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals are in a weird spot. 6th ranked pass rush, awful D against the run, awful QB play, awful WR play, awful TE play, sub par oline and it all bottles up their good running back.

They basically need to do what the Rams did. Get an offensive guy to fix their trainwreck QB and make him a good QB. Fix their oline. Draft offensive skill positions. So they need a lot of draft picks.

Trade down. Twice maybe.

Think about it, “Awful TE play”. Have the Cardinals ever had a good TE? It’s crazy... like a 50 year hole at TE.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you always listen, bosa is there, and someone will want a qb, so let the bid, if its not great, u take bosa

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps get an Oline, A TE, and some wr's to assist your qb........bringing back fitz is not a solution at this point in his carrer. I love larry, hes a HOF'er. But hes way on the downturn, should be a #3 at best, not ur 1-2

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be best suited to stay put and grab Bosa. They're top 10 at getting to the QB (tied for 6th in sacks), so bolstering that unit could give their defense an identity. If they don't want to focus on that, though, they have to trade down and accumulate as much draft capital as possible. You can point at any position other than QB and RB and they need an upgrade.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be best suited to stay put and grab Bosa. They're top 10 at getting to the QB (tied for 6th in sacks), so bolstering that unit could give their defense an identity. If they don't want to focus on that, though, they have to trade down and accumulate as much draft capital as possible. You can point at any position other than QB and RB and they need an upgrade.
Bosa probably goes #1 unless a QB really impresses or Bosa is injured throughout the draft process.

That unit already has an identity, though. #6 pass rush and thats with Markus Golden being in a year after his ACL injury and thats with teams running on them all of the time because Arizona never has the lead. The Cardinals pass rush is right up there with the best of them from what I've seen this year.

Drafting Bosa is admitting that the Cardinals need more than 1 year to rebuild but I'm not sure how many fans would be happy with the Cardinals trotting out a 3-13 team again and then drafting a QB in 2020 because a better pass rush wouldn't help Rosen at all.

My hunch tells me that the Jets might move up a spot or two to get Bosa. Outside shot at the Raiders. I think if a GM believes in Rosen, and the GM might have to, you'll see Arizona trade down for the top offensive tackle, pick up an extra draft pick and then probably whiff on both picks because thats what happens when you try to get cute.

I think if you don't believe in Rosen then you do what the Broncos did with their Paxton Lynch situation and draft the top pass rusher and try to patch up the QB spot in free agency.

Last edited:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have your franchise QB already,

Do you though? He hasn't looked very good. But with that said, I don't think I trade out of that spot because defense seems to reign supreme in this draft and the Cards could use some help on that side of the ball. You'll get Fitz and David Johnson back next year. Rosen can't be any worse next year right? Kirk will develop more, hopefully. Nick Bosa from OSU, Josh Allen from Kentucky, Quinnen Williams from Bama and Ed Oliver from Houston are the best in my opinion. But with Herbert going back to Oregon, Haskins is the best QB in the draft and with Rosen performing as lackluster as he did, Dwayne Haskins might be the right pick. Just imagine, Dwayne Haskins, Fitzgerald, Christian Kirk, David Johnson, that's a pretty good offense right there.

With all those scenarios said, I still think the defensive side of the ball is the best way for the Cardinals to go.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A super bowl contending team like the Saints, Patriots, or Rams would definitely give up a 3rd rounder for Larry Fitz
I don't think there is any chance in hell that any team would give a 3rd rounder for a 36 year old WR past his prime. Teams value draft picks too much.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa probably goes #1 unless a QB really impresses or Bosa is injured throughout the draft process.

That unit already has an identity, though. #6 pass rush and thats with Markus Golden being in a year after his ACL injury and thats with teams running on them all of the time because Arizona never has the lead. The Cardinals pass rush is right up there with the best of them from what I've seen this year.

Drafting Bosa is admitting that the Cardinals need more than 1 year to rebuild but I'm not sure how many fans would be happy with the Cardinals trotting out a 3-13 team again and then drafting a QB in 2020 because a better pass rush wouldn't help Rosen at all.

My hunch tells me that the Jets might move up a spot or two to get Bosa. Outside shot at the Raiders. I think if a GM believes in Rosen, and the GM might have to, you'll see Arizona trade down for the top offensive tackle, pick up an extra draft pick and then probably whiff on both picks because thats what happens when you try to get cute.

I think if you don't believe in Rosen then you do what the Broncos did with their Paxton Lynch situation and draft the top pass rusher and try to patch up the QB spot in free agency.
Well they're still 7 sacks behind the league leader. Bolstering an already very good unit will help end opposing drives sooner and get Rosen more time on the field, which is what he needs to take the next step. The two things that lead to Super Bowl titles are elite QBs and elite pass rushers. Rosen is obviously not elite yet, but that's still TBD. There are no top tier WRs or defensive backs to be taken at #1, but obviously Bosa is worth it. I did vote for trading down, but it depends on the return. They obviously need a lot, but grabbing an elite pass rusher is a great first step for a team desperate for improvement.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they're still 7 sacks behind the league leader. Bolstering an already very good unit will help end opposing drives sooner and get Rosen more time on the field, which is what he needs to take the next step. The two things that lead to Super Bowl titles are elite QBs and elite pass rushers. Rosen is obviously not elite yet, but that's still TBD. There are no top tier WRs or defensive backs to be taken at #1, but obviously Bosa is worth it. I did vote for trading down, but it depends on the return. They obviously need a lot, but grabbing an elite pass rusher is a great first step for a team desperate for improvement.
If they draft Bosa then they'll still be 7 sacks behind the leaders because teams don't need to pass when they're up 14.

Rosen has the worst supporting cast in the league if we're talking weapons and oline. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Cardinals went something like OT, TE, WR, WR with their first 4 picks.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they took Bosa. He'll likely be BPA. But thats like taking Myles Garrett #1. The GM that did that got fired even if it was the right move long-term.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to trade down, probably multiple times. Them wasting a pick on Rosen last year set them back. They need to accumulate as much talent around David Johnson then let Rosen try to reach his Kirk Cousin’s potential.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft Bosa then they'll still be 7 sacks behind the leaders because teams don't need to pass when they're up 14.

Rosen has the worst supporting cast in the league if we're talking weapons and oline. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Cardinals went something like OT, TE, WR, WR with their first 4 picks.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they took Bosa. He'll likely be BPA. But thats like taking Myles Garrett #1. The GM that did that got fired even if it was the right move long-term.
This team is several seasons away from competing IMO, so I think BPA is a pretty good move. Also, the Browns GM that drafted Garrett didn't get fired for it. In fact, it was one of the only things he did right.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is several seasons away from competing IMO, so I think BPA is a pretty good move. Also, the Browns GM that drafted Garrett didn't get fired for it. In fact, it was one of the only things he did right.
He still got fired, though.

This conversation is always easy when its someone else's team. 'You guys need to suck for two years so take BPA' is a hard way to keep a job even if its the right move.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still got fired, though.

This conversation is always easy when its someone else's team. 'You guys need to suck for two years so take BPA' is a hard way to keep a job even if its the right move.
So? I'm not seeing at all how that relates to this conversation. The 1st pick isn't what got that GM fired, it was (among many mistakes) trading the 12th pick when they had a shot at getting Deshaun Watson. Saying a GM is bound to get fired for drafting a BPA DE at #1 seems a bit foolish. They aren't taking a QB, and I don't know any other players that would make more sense for them at #1.

I don't think they "need to suck for two years", I'm saying they're more than 1 draft away from turning this around, so grabbing the best players instead of trying to trade back isn't a bad idea. Trust me, I'm a Browns fan. I know what I'm talking about here.