• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 points isn't going to do anything. His weight isn't an issue. I'm still waiting for you to provide posts in this thread from you saying that his weight would be an issue for anything other than injuries.
Wait all you want. I've stated many times that there are multiple issues with his weight. Injury probability is one. Playing through contact, fighting for position, getting off of the line clean, etc are all aspects that additional strength and size could alleviate.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait all you want. I've stated many times that there are multiple issues with his weight. Injury probability is one. Playing through contact, fighting for position, getting off of the line clean, etc are all aspects that additional strength and size could alleviate.

Oh wow, you've stated it many times? Then surely you must be able to find some examples of this.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go through it. Let's see just how many times in the leadup to last season @returnofjakedog actually said DeVonta would have issues due to his weight that weren't posts saying he would be injured.

Well first post isn't about weight but it's noteworthy for the ignorance. Stating that DeVonta Smith "Sounds a bit like Percy Harvin" and that he is apparently an uber athlete that will fail at the next level.

1) 1st post you made about his size weight and it's about injury and only injury:

2) 2nd post you made about his weight and again it's only about injury:

3) 3rd post, again only about injury.

4) 4th post, again only about injury.

5) 5th post, only about injury.

6) 6th post, only about "impact injury"

7) 7th post, injury

8) 8th post injury

9) injury

10) injury

11) injury

12) injury

13) injury

It's just nothing but posts from you about how his size is an issue because he will get injured. That is repeated continuously by you throughout this thread. For someone who claims that they "stated many times that there are multiple issues with his weight" the only issue you ever discussed was your certainty that he would be unable to remain healthy in the NFL and would become injured the moment he was tackled.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utter bullshit from you. The very first post I made addressing this specific issue stated....
Don't get me wrong, he has a lot of great attributes but he has issues that might hinder his NFL career. He could be great, or he could get beat up/pushed around too often.

-Size
-Strength
-Durability
-Catching through contact
-Ability hold up and/or break loose from the line against NFL DBs.
-Top speed
-Blocking

Nothing you have presented in this thread has convinced me these are not concerns.
If he tends to get eaten up by stronger players, like many small WRs before him have, then his career could suffer.
Of course many smaller WRs have succeeded, so of course he could have a great career. But he needs to prove that he can overcome his weaknesses somehow.
Maybe he can put on 10-15 lbs of muscle in the next couple of years working with NFL level training and staff? That certainly couldn't hurt him on the field.
-Size
-Strength
-Durability
-Top speed
-Blocking

I don't know why you are so focused on that anyways.
The more important issue is your ridiculous statement:
He is so supremely talented and perfect in his route route running and knowledge. People are going to look so silly in letting him drop to 10 just because of his unique frame. That frame does nothing but guarantee he will be one the truly unique all time great players when it is all said and done. Because when you talk about just his game, just what he does on the field in the actual game that is played which determines the winners and the losers in football. When you talk about that, he's flawless.

If there was ever a player who was going to give Rice and his records a run for the money then it's DeVonta Smith. Especially in this 17 game era that he starts his career in.
Now, AGAIN, I think Smith is a fine young and athletic WR. I hope that he has a good career. I don't think he is perfect or that he will have an NFL record breaking career. Only a ridiculous homer would make such claims before his career even started.

Smith had a fine rookie year all things considered. Now according to your thesis he will be top 3 in the league with the next 2 years.
That means he needs to surpass all but 2 of the following list, which doesn't contain future rookies or possible big risers.

*Davante Adams
*Tyreek Hill
*Steffon Diggs
*Mike Evans
*Cooper Kupp
*DeAndre Hopkins
*Keenan Allen
*Julio Jones
*Michael Thomas
*Justin Jefferson
*Allen Robinson II
*Antonio Brown
*Tyler Lockett
*Odell Beckham Jr.
*Brandon Cook
*Deebo Samuels
*Calvin Ripley
*Chris Godwin
*Adam Thielen
*Terry McLaurin
*Amari Copper
*DK Metcalf
*CeeDee Lamb
*Calvin Ridley
*Justin Jefferson
*Ja'Marr Chase
*Tee Higgins
*Hunter Renfrow
*A.J. Brown
*Michael Pittman Jr
*Jaylen Waddle
*Darnell Mooney
*Amon-Ra St. Brown

Now, I do expect Smith to rise up this list as age, injury, and other factors are considered.
I, and many others here would probably had little issue if you had toned down the over-the-top rhetoric and predicted something along the lines of top-10 in 2 years. But your unabashed ridiculous homerism had to go overboard, and then you got all pissy and defensive when anyone dared to question the narrative.

I do find it funny that no one supports your top-3 narrative, and about 100+ here have ridiculed it (even other Eagle fans who seem somewhat embarrassed that they even have to address it), yet you have zero awareness of what that means. In your mind everyone else is wrong and unreasonable, and yet you are fully correct. It is quite fascinating!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utter bullshit from you. The very first post I made addressing this specific issue stated....

-Size
-Strength
-Durability
-Top speed
-Blocking

I don't know why you are so focused on that anyways.
The more important issue is your ridiculous statement:

Now, AGAIN, I think Smith is a fine young and athletic WR. I hope that he has a good career. I don't think he is perfect or that he will have an NFL record breaking career. Only a ridiculous homer would make such claims before his career even started.

Smith had a fine rookie year all things considered. Now according to your thesis he will be top 3 in the league with the next 2 years.
That means he needs to surpass all but 2 of the following list, which doesn't contain future rookies or possible big risers.

*Davante Adams
*Tyreek Hill
*Steffon Diggs
*Mike Evans
*Cooper Kupp
*DeAndre Hopkins
*Keenan Allen
*Julio Jones
*Michael Thomas
*Justin Jefferson
*Allen Robinson II
*Antonio Brown
*Tyler Lockett
*Odell Beckham Jr.
*Brandon Cook
*Deebo Samuels
*Calvin Ripley
*Chris Godwin
*Adam Thielen
*Terry McLaurin
*Amari Copper
*DK Metcalf
*CeeDee Lamb
*Calvin Ridley
*Justin Jefferson
*Ja'Marr Chase
*Tee Higgins
*Hunter Renfrow
*A.J. Brown
*Michael Pittman Jr
*Jaylen Waddle
*Darnell Mooney
*Amon-Ra St. Brown

Now, I do expect Smith to rise up this list as age, injury, and other factors are considered.
I, and many others here would probably had little issue if you had toned down the over-the-top rhetoric and predicted something along the lines of top-10 in 2 years. But your unabashed ridiculous homerism had to go overboard, and then you got all pissy and defensive when anyone dared to question the narrative.

I do find it funny that no one supports your top-3 narrative, and about 100+ here have ridiculed it (even other Eagle fans who seem somewhat embarrassed that they even have to address it), yet you have zero awareness of what that means. In your mind everyone else is wrong and unreasonable, and yet you are fully correct. It is quite fascinating!

You just keep doubling down on this ignorant bullshit. You will feel so silly with that list of players within the next 2 years when DeVonta is clearly one of the 3 best WRs in the league.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if we are going to lie about him though?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just keep doubling down on this ignorant bullshit. You will feel so silly with that list of players within the next 2 years when DeVonta is clearly one of the 3 best WRs in the league.
He'll be lucky if he can crack the top 10 given the talent on that list.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're holding our breath.

I'm seeing a revisit of this thread in a couple of years!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he talks about how Smith is going to take Rice's titles away from him. Rice caught 1549 passes for 22895 yards and 197 TD's. which of those is Smith going best? Smith had 64 catches for 916 yds and 5 TD's last season. with 1595 catches Smith would have to average 106+ a year for 14 years. with 22895 yards, Smith would have to average 1570+ yards over those 14 years and he would have to score13.7 TD's a year.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he talks about how Smith is going to take Rice's titles away from him. Rice caught 1549 passes for 22895 yards and 197 TD's. which of those is Smith going best? Smith had 64 catches for 916 yds and 5 TD's last season. with 1595 catches Smith would have to average 106+ a year for 14 years. with 22895 yards, Smith would have to average 1570+ yards over those 14 years and he would have to score13.7 TD's a year.

Jerry Rice rookie year at age 23: 49 rec, 927 yards & 3 TDs.

DeVonta Smith rookie year at age 23: 64 rec, 916 yards & 5 TDs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a long list of players who had better rookie seasons than Rice.

Rice out did them all.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3