• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't specify the type of injury. I'd imagine most of the injuries for the lowest weight group are related to hamstring injuries and other non-contact related injuries since most of the receivers int aht weight class tend to be sprinting speedsters that are more prone to those type of non-contact related injuries.
The type of injury was never the discussion. You wanted proof the size and injury rate correlation existed. The study shows this, and also shows WRs as a position group are above the norm for injury rate.

So Smith's size is a valid concern for increased injury chance afterall. Again, hopefully as an individual he is able to avoid any major injuries, but it is now explainable why people, including many scouts and team personal, do list his size as a possible issue for him.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these smaller WRs getting chest contusion injuries? Why can't anyone bring any examples to the table with apparently how prevalent it is?

If we are being real, based on the physical nature that Jamar Chase plays the position and how he will try to take on contact to power through a player I see him as a far higher risk for a physical contact injury than Devonta Smith. Likewise with Jaylen Waddle and how a lot of his game is based on his all world speed I see him as a higher risk for injury with his hamstring and such than Devonta Smith at the next level.

Yet of the 3 people only talk of injury risk for Smith despite injuries not being any issue for him in college.
I didn't say specifically players were, it was a rhetorical type question. I wonder what kinds of injuries are sustained overall by players, and then I wonder if anyone could extrapolate that information based on weight/size to see if there is a trend. Maybe there is. Maybe there isn't. There doesn't appear to be enough data out there to really say one way or the other.

More to the point all I really pointed out was, that the graph shared, is incomplete for this argument. You can agree, or disagree, but unless the chart breaks down injury type by body size/weight - it doesn't really further either side of the argument.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these smaller WRs getting chest contusion injuries? Why can't anyone bring any examples to the table with apparently how prevalent it is?

If we are being real, based on the physical nature that Jamar Chase plays the position and how he will try to take on contact to power through a player I see him as a far higher risk for a physical contact injury than Devonta Smith. Likewise with Jaylen Waddle and how a lot of his game is based on his all world speed I see him as a higher risk for injury with his hamstring and such than Devonta Smith at the next level.

Yet of the 3 people only talk of injury risk for Smith despite injuries not being any issue for him in college.
Common sense tells me that taller people are more likely to hit their head on a ceiling fan than shorter people. I have no studies to prove this. Please note that this does not mean that a particular tall person will hit indeed their head on a ceiling fan or that a particular short person will not. Just that all else being equal they are more likely to, but there are many, many factors at play that also influence whether or not a person will hit their head on a ceiling fan and some of these factors are a much better indicator of whether or not one will actually hit their head on a ceiling fan, yet these other more important factors do not eliminate the height of the person as being one factor.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The type of injury was never the discussion. You wanted proof the size and injury rate correlation existed. The study shows this, and also shows WRs as a position group are above the norm for injury rate.

So Smith's size is a valid concern for increased injury chance afterall. Again, hopefully as an individual he is able to avoid any major injuries, but it is now explainable why people, including many scouts and team personal, do list his size as a possible issue for him.

He isn't though. As discussed the likelihood for injuries for smaller receivers is more muscle related due to those receivers primarily speed guys who would suffer track related injuries.

The only reason for concern of his size would be how he can hold up against stronger players in press coverage when trying to get off the line as well as being able to maintain his route down the field without being disrupted off of it or being over powered when going up for a ball.

An increased risk of injury die to his size is a 0.0 concern but one you ignorantly assume not realizing that the concern for size comes to questions if it will effect his play against stronger players, nor health.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how individual examples really prove anything and digging into the history of each specific case would be a huge undertaking so.........

-Note: Smith did have injuries in college. Hand shoulder, hip, and knee. Nothing major, but injuries in key areas nonetheless.

Anyways, here is poor 185 lb Johnny Knox getting broken in half. I think in this case the chest contusion is probably less of a concern than the severed spinal column.

As a single play it proves nothing one way or the other. But it is part of the whole statistics, and does show, as we all know, it only takes a single instance.
He isn't though. As discussed the likelihood for injuries for smaller receivers is more muscle related due to those receivers primarily speed guys who would suffer track related injuries.

The only reason for concern of his size would be how he can hold up against stronger players in press coverage when trying to get off the line as well as being able to maintain his route down the field without being disrupted off of it or being over powered when going up for a ball.

An increased risk of injury die to his size is a 0.0 concern but one you ignorantly assume not realizing that the concern for size comes to questions if it will effect his play against stronger players, nor health.
Lol! You asked for proof and I provided it. A strong statistical correlation between size and injury, and specifically for WRs even. I even used the results of the study YOU provided, yet you still deny it.

Way to try to move the goal posts after your theory was proven incorrect. Smith has a greater risk of injury, mostly due to his position but also due to his size. When scrutinized the numbers YOU provided as proof show it.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how individual examples really prove anything and digging into the history of each specific case would be a huge undertaking so.........

-Note: Smith did have injuries in college. Hand shoulder, hip, and knee. Nothing major, but injuries in key areas nonetheless.

Anyways, here is poor 185 lb Johnny Knox getting broken in half. I think in this case the chest contusion is probably less of a concern than the severed spinal column.

As a single play it proves nothing one way or the other. But it is part of the whole statistics, and does show, as we all know, it only takes a single instance.

Lol! You asked for proof and I provided it. A strong statistical correlation between size and injury, and specifically for WRs even. I even used the results of the study YOU provided, yet you still deny it.

Way to try to move the goal posts after your theory was proven incorrect. Smith has a greater risk of injury, mostly due to his position but also due to his size. When scrutinized the numbers YOU provided as proof show it.

If this is such an issue for small players you should have no issues bringing examples of small players who cannot stay healthy in the NFL due to contact injuries. You are unable to bring any examples.

Also I'm not moving the goal posts, I'm using the same goalposts you tried to move when I first brought the study up. You said how the study doesn't differentiate the type of injuries. So I'm bringing that up to you with the logic that these smaller guys are often guys who rely on track speed and suffer track type injuries and I can certainly think of examples of this unlike you.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is such an issue for small players you should have no issues bringing examples of small players who cannot stay healthy in the NFL due to contact injuries. You are unable to bring any examples.

Also I'm not moving the goal posts, I'm using the same goalposts you tried to move when I first brought the study up. You said how the study doesn't differentiate the type of injuries. So I'm bringing that up to you with the logic that these smaller guys are often guys who rely on track speed and suffer track type injuries and I can certainly think of examples of this unlike you.
You asked for proof. Statisical correlation. I provided that specific proof. Quit trying to deny it

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do get what you are saying, but going back to the original subject, you wanted proof of injuries related to size. The numbers broke it down and proved it to be factual. The numbers are based on actual events, i.e. the numbers themselves are the examples you seek.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You asked for proof. Statisical correlation. I provided that specific proof. Quit trying to deny it

You're cluelessm. You think the skepticism about size has to do with injury when tis about ability to play against strong opponents without having his routes disrupted.

You have no statistical correlation.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do get what you are saying, but going back to the original subject, you wanted proof of injuries related to size. The numbers broke it down and proved it to be factual. The numbers are based on actual events, i.e. the numbers themselves are the examples you seek.

Where are the numbers on contact injuries due to size?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already proved that Smith is at greater risk for potential injury due to his size. It is all right there for you to see but facts don't seem to matter to you, so.........

Have a nice day!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already proved that Smith is at greater risk for potential injury due to his size. It is all right there for you to see but facts don't seem to matter to you, so.........

Have a nice day!

Except you haven't. You're a moron.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never admit he is wrong nor that Smith isn't the greatest player one could have picked until he moves on to a different player. He's been on 4 different Eagle WRs cocks in just the past year and a half. It's been his MO here since he has been here. Same old pom pom waving BS. Different month, different player. Same shit.

Anyone that doesn't understand in a violent game that the smaller player will be more likely to be injured on a player to player contact play is just dumb. That doesn't mean it will happen or that the odds are more likely for him than for other players who may have other reasons they may be hurt - inability to avoid a hit, go over the middle all the time, steroids make them pull all their muscles like DJax, etc. But when two objects come together, physics takes over. You are wasting your time with this one. He started a thread stating Travis Fulgham may be a top 10 WR in the league. Does anything else need to be said to someone that posts crap like that? Even Fulgham's mother came on here and laughed at that stupidity.

That would be a really good season for someone who played 16 games. His season over 16 games would have projected out to 93 rec, 1,392 yards and 13 TDs which would then be All Pro WR territory.

It's not unreasonable to suggest the Eagles have potentially a top 10 WR in the NFL in Fulgham. Skill position wise the Eagles offense has a very talented young core of skill position players going forward in Fulgham (26), Reagor (21), Ward (25), Hightower (24), Goedert (25) & Sanders (23).

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never admit he is wrong nor that Smith isn't the greatest player one could have picked until he moves on to a different player. He's been on 4 different Eagle WRs cocks in just the past year and a half. It's been his MO here since he has been here. Same old pom pom waving BS. Different month, different player. Same shit.

Anyone that doesn't understand in a violent game that the smaller player will be more likely to be injured on a player to player contact play is just dumb. That doesn't mean it will happen or that the odds are more likely for him than for other players who may have other reasons they may be hurt - inability to avoid a hit, go over the middle all the time, steroids make them pull all their muscles like DJax, etc. But when two objects come together, physics takes over. You are wasting your time with this one. He started a thread stating Travis Fulgham may be a top 10 WR in the league. Does anything else need to be said to someone that posts crap like that? Even Fulgham's mother came on here and laughed at that stupidity.

Except you have nothing to show to prove that smaller players take on contact injuries at a higher rate than other players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you have nothing to show to prove that smaller players take on contact injuries at a higher rate than other players.

Perhaps your reading comp is part of your problem. I'm saying in a player to player collision a smaller player (moving at roughly the same speed) is more likely to be injured than a larger player. This is physics and common sense. Only an idiot wouldn't understand this. However, as I stated, there are many other factors at play that determine the rate of injury.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps your reading comp is part of your problem. I'm saying in a player to player collision a smaller player (moving at roughly the same speed) is more likely to be injured than a larger player. This is physics and common sense. Only an idiot wouldn't understand this. However, as I stated, there are many other factors at play that determine the rate of injury.

You would think you would have something to back that up but you don't. Just your ignorant assumption.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They laws of physics and energy depict that when two forces collide, the smaller mass will absorb grater impact. It's literally science.