• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Stafford wasn't our QB...

Which QB?

• Total voters

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Orlovsky is our starter, and we have the number one pick, which QB would u choose as the GM IF that's the only pick in play. No other position is on the table, just QB.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punt. I might trade for Foles and let some other sapps pick up those 2 losers. I doubt either ends up being half as successful as Stafford.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Winston in a heartbeat in this scenario. He had tons of success in a pro-style offense and is the most NFL-ready pocket passer in the draft with a lot of upside.

I know a lot of people will piss and moan about the off-field stuff, but when you look at the "stuff" in question is all stupid, immature decision-making type of stuff. I don't think we're dealing with a "thug" type who will be getting in constant legal trouble off the field like some of these guys do. I think he was just a young college kid who made some stupid decisions and didn't understand the magnitude of the spotlight he was under.

On the positive side he's a big pocket passer with a good arm who is apparently blowing personnel types away with his "football I.Q."

I do like Mariota, I just like Winston's potential more. If he's grown up at all (and it appears that he has) and keeps his head on straight he could well be a top-notch franchise QB for a long time...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota, but I think Petty will be good.

I was actually thinking that I wouldn't be mad if the Lions took Petty in the 4th or 5th round as a developmental QB. Then tried to hawk him for a 2nd rounder after he has a sick pre-season next year.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word at the combine is that Petty may surprise and go in the second. His accuracy is phenomenal.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word at the combine is that Petty may surprise and go in the second. His accuracy is phenomenal.

That blows. I wouldn't want to spend that high of a draft pick on a QB. I'm hoping for a 4th or 5th round guy with a big arm, just needs to work on fundamentals. Anybody other than Orvlosky.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years class of QB's suck. That's the polite version I have addressing them. However, if you're looking for an under the radar developmental QB, then look no further than South Alabama's Brandon Bridge, 6' 4" 229 lbs. He lacks technique, footwork, arm-slot, reading progressions etc., but does possess a huge arm. You could possibly see him anywhere from rounds 5-7 or even as a UDFA.

this from Walter Football
South Alabama quarterback Brandon Bridge (6-4, 229) showed that he can spin the football. Bridge has a strong arm and looked athletic with a quality 40 time at 4.72. On the third day of the draft, Bridge could be a developmental pick and used the Combine to help get himself consideration for a late-round pick.

South Alabama quarterback Brandon Bridge has gotten some buzz, and he showed off the body of an NFL quarterback. At 6-foot-4, 229 pounds, Bridge has the height and bulk of a starter. His hand size (9 1/2 inches) is adequate enough as well.

Brandon Bridge ..South Alabama..6-4..229..4.72..4.72..1.68..9 1/4
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1776297/brandon-bridge

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pass until next year. With safety Dan A high pick again next year even with a stout defense is likely.

Now if Micro has a gun to my noodle... Petty or Hundley. Both need time to develop, as do Marcus and Winston.

I agree with TP's post on Winston. I just can not pull the trigger on him.

Marcus will be lost if forced into early action.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micro did you have a nightmare last night about Stafford?

This years QB class is almost a question of who will be the least shitty QB and offer a GM some job security.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Single wing... Okay.
Cuntler would put me in jacket if Stafford makes me take pills.
We'll need to invest a great deal in backfield upgrades. RBs will be taking shotgun snaps, handing off, taking hand offs and making a handful of passes. Think about the turnover comparison between Jay and our RBs now.

But sit down first.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do single wing with all Bush's before one C unt.

I will say Jay has the touch for his swing and screen passes. He also has averaged 2 turnovers a game for his career. Well really like 1.91 or sumptin, but none the less he sucks. I would take all the safeties Dan has to offer than pick 6's.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor Cook would have made millions if he had came out this year.

No way do I invest the cash and pick with Winston! Giving him millions of dollars is an invite to trouble. He couldn't keep it under control without cash.

It's amazing how his behavioral problems get lumped into a generic off field issue category. Alleged r*pe, theft, violating NCAA rules, lack of judgment in humiliating females, and just a general douche attitude is hard to get over with one rehearsed statement.

Look at the problems Cleveland finds themselves in with Manziel and he had less issues in college than Winston.

Plus the shoulder wear and tear of being a pitcher is an accumulative thing that the wise due not quickly over look. Every throw wears on the rotator cuff and then he has had no down time from one season right to another. Being a pitcher is extremely hard on an arm.

If I had to I would pick Marriota and run a spread offense. Neither option is very appealing.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think the Chipper is crazy enough to try and convince the Eagles to move up? I don't see it happening, I do see him making a pitch though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think the Chipper is crazy enough to try and convince the Eagles to move up? I don't see it happening, I do see him making a pitch though.
Do you think they'd need to move up very far?

Nobody else runs a system MM would transition quickly to. Not sure what teams that pick ahead of Philly that seem options to take him.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think they'd need to move up very far?

Nobody else runs a system MM would transition quickly to. Not sure what teams that pick ahead of Philly that seem options to take him.

NY Jets

They are always good for a head scratcher. And as I said before Marriota would buy Whisenhut some time in Tennessee.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadnt thought about the Jets. That could happen. Like Schwartz, maybe Bowles gets his first HC gig then gets offensive guys in the draft.

But isn't TN goin' with that rapist kid with the German name? (That franchise is a fuckin' joke.)