• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Stafford wasn't our QB...

Which QB?

• Total voters

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Titans roll with Mettenberger for now.
Bucs grab Winston
Titans go defense and get DT.
Jags go defense or OL to to bolster a non existent run game.
raiders could be a trade spot. They either go Cooper or White at WR. If Reggie is smart I would be on the phone with Kevin Costner trading with Browns who need a WR in a bad way.
Skins no QB so yes I can see the Jets maybe pulling the string. I do not see the right players for Marcus to excel with in NY.
After that I only see Rams as a suitor off him. So he could fall a little.

I would say Marcus is a great candidate for Sean Payton's offense and could step in in 3 years like Rodgers did with no dropoff IMO.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait until next year to get Travis Wilson. I don't know if you watched his head plant out of bounds that was 6 yards short of a first down against Michigan, but that it the kind of decisions we need around here. Plus he is already very experienced with receivers that not only don't catch it, but they pop it up to be picked off! WHERE DID YOU GO KENNETH SCOTT'S HANDS!!!!!!! WHERE IN THE HELL ARE YOU!

....I am just upset about Whittingham losing all of his best recruiters and assistant coaches due to his head up his ass

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thoughts on the discussion so far:

- I think the Eagles will indeed move up for Mariota. I'm not sure how far they're willing to move up, and/or how far they'd have to move up to get him. In my opinion, Tennessee, NYJ, Chicago, St. Louis, Cleveland (they get two picks before Philly is up), New Orleans, Houston, and Kansas City are all possibilities. They're not leapfrogging 1/4 of the league to get him unless they really think he can be they're franchise QB. Kelley knows him better than any of the coaches in the NFL do, so the Eagles interest level should be a good indicator of where Mariota should go.

- I think the question with Winston is whether he's a bad dude, or an immature college kid who made some stupid decisions? I think the whole stealing the computer thing, especially, is getting more play on here than it should. Maybe some of you know the details better than I do and I'm just being an ignorant sonofabitch, but it's my understanding that he was involved in the theft of a computer (or computers?).

Perhaps I'm not in the majority here, but I've stolen a computer before. Some guy sucker punched me at a bonfire in college once because he was wasted and thought I was some other dude he apparently had a beef with. Fucker cracked one of my molars that had a filling in it. I knew the dude's roommate, who didn't like the guy at all, so I went over there while he was out, smoked a doober with the roommate, broke into his room and took his laptop. I left it a block away on the down-slope of a busy hill.

I called it justice. The law would have called it larceny and breaking and entering. My point is that a lot of times there's a story behind these incidents that, without context, the media spins into juicy tidbits that we're all too happy to snap up. With that in mind it seems like some of Winston's issues have definitely been maturity-related. Yelling "fucker her right in the pussy" in the middle of the quad? Drunk off his ass. As far as I know, the accusations of sexual assault have yet to be proven. Could he have done it? Absolutely. Did he? We don't know yet. But some of you jump all over every rumor about a player as if it's an indisputable fact because it was on the internet. There couldn't possibly be more to the story, they're all just a bunch of rapists! That's clearly the logical conclusion.

I'd definitely be extremely concerned about his behavior patterns if I were an NFL team, but I'd also talk to the kid and see what he's all about, something not one single one of us will ever do, despite all of the judgement being passed on him. And the reviews from the teams sitting down and talking to him have been overwhelmingly positive. I think the TMZ generation here needs to pump the brakes a bit and let some actual facts come to light before just writing this guy off.

- The drop-off from Winston and Mariota to the next level of prospects is pretty staggering. I don't ever remember a draft with so little QB talent...

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Leaonard Williams, the best player in the draft, with the #1 pick and since Danny O sucks we'll end up picking high again next year and then I look for my QB, depending on what's there of course.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait until next year to get Travis Wilson. I don't know if you watched his head plant out of bounds that was 6 yards short of a first down against Michigan, but that it the kind of decisions we need around here. Plus he is already very experienced with receivers that not only don't catch it, but they pop it up to be picked off! WHERE DID YOU GO KENNETH SCOTT'S HANDS!!!!!!! WHERE IN THE HELL ARE YOU!

....I am just upset about Whittingham losing all of his best recruiters and assistant coaches due to his head up his ass
Wow. Reading this just made me very aware of how unplugged I am from college football. For being such an NFL junkie you'd think I'd follow the college game more closely, but I guess not, because I have no idea what you're talking about here. Not sure who Travis Wilson is (though I'll google him now), but I can surmise that he's an offensive skill player who failed horribly at diving for the 1st down stick. Kenneth Scott is a WR with a case of the dropsies. Whittingham is the egotistical head coach who sounds a lot like that last asshole we had running the team.

I'm guessing Eastern?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah! I should have known that since you and LP are the token Mormans around here!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did indeed google Travis Wilson. He looks exactly like the kind of guy who would head plant a 1st down dive attempt.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micro did you have a nightmare last night about Stafford?

This years QB class is almost a question of who will be the least shitty QB and offer a GM some job security.
No nightmare. I love Stafford and am glad he's the leader for years. He's got done things to work on but he's still very young.

I wouldn't want any of these QBs in this draft over Stafford, was just curious after a series of texts with a couple posters. So I put a scenario out there.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- I think the question with Winston is whether he's a bad dude, or an immature college kid who made some stupid decisions? I think the whole stealing the computer thing, especially, is getting more play on here than it should. Maybe some of you know the details better than I do and I'm just being an ignorant sonofabitch, but it's my understanding that he was involved in the theft of a computer (or computers?).

Just off the top of my head, He was involved in the suspected r*pe and then the whole FSU PD botched the investigation by looking out for Winston's rights not the females. Plus the way the team covered for him made it look bad.

Selling autographs and FSU gear allegedly. NCAA wouldn't pursue after they didn't with Manziel.

Standing on a table and insulting women that git him suspended from a game.

Stealing crab legs from the super market.

Police were called for windows shot out with a bb gun from a so called harmless bb gun battle.

These are just the reported issues. The suspected r*pe is a huge red flag but my biggest concern is what else was their that wasn't reported or hushed up? The way they tried to hush up the r*pe incident makes you wonder.

Now is he undraftable...no but I think I like Brett Hundley better.

The difference between you, me, and 99% of the stupid college mistakes is we didn't have handlers, coaches, and most of a college community looking out for us and a multi million dollar future riding on our actions...but it's just my opinion. NFL GMs are so much better at judging citizenship.:D

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston may be the most NFL ready, skill wise, but he's a bumbling idiot imo. And I wouldn't want him leading my team.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling his autograph is a bad thing?

He's not allowed to sell his own signature to make a few bucks? The NCAA is seriously crooked on that one.

The r*pe allegations are huge. If he's guilty, then obviously I wouldn't want him on my team. In the mean time nothing has been proven, and the whole cover-up/miss-handling of the ordeal by the university and/or police is just rumors and conjecture without any factual evidence thereof. People speculating online is not factual evidence.

The yelling obscenities on campus, shooting shit with a BB gun, and stealing crab legs are all pretty small-potatoes stuff as far as NFL teams are concerned. They show a pattern of stupid behavior, but it's a matter of whether he's past that stuff and ready to be a grown-up, or not.

The r*pe/sexual assault allegations is the big red flag for teams, imo. But that's what the legal system is for...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not allowed to sell his own signature to make a few bucks? The NCAA is seriously crooked on that one.

The r*pe allegations are huge. If he's guilty, then obviously I wouldn't want him on my team. In the mean time nothing has been proven, and the whole cover-up/miss-handling of the ordeal by the university and/or police is just rumors and conjecture without any factual evidence thereof. People speculating online is not factual evidence.

The yelling obscenities on campus, shooting shit with a BB gun, and stealing crab legs are all pretty small-potatoes stuff as far as NFL teams are concerned. They show a pattern of stupid behavior, but it's a matter of whether he's past that stuff and ready to be a grown-up, or not.

The r*pe/sexual assault allegations is the big red flag for teams, imo. But that's what the legal system is for...

Yeah, but when you are the #1 overall pick. They need you to be the face of the franchise (not just how well you can throw the ball). If he steals crab legs or does any other dumb shit, that is a black eye for the whole team/city. The problem with picking him that high is you give him free reign to do dumb shit cause he knows you really can't cut him unless he cold cocks a girl on camera.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no scenario upon which I would draft Winston, absolutely NONE!! If Orlovsky was set to be our starter and Winston was still on the board at #23 I still would not take him.

This kid is a complete idiot who just doesn't get it when he has nothing, now throw millions of dollars into the mix?? :nono: He is a complete bust just waiting to happen.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston makes Ryan Leaf look like the captain of the chess team.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any internet rumors you guys hear about a player that you ever don't believe?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TP, yes selling autographs may be dumb, but it's against the rules. And he knew it and still did it anyway thinking he would get away with it.

He stole crab legs thinking he'd get away with it.

What else will he think he can get away with? Right now it could be r*pe. Who knows. Point is, he's fucking dumb. And all the shit people wrote about Manziel last year is the same stuff they're concerned with about Winston. They seem to think their shit doesn't stink. And I wouldn't tie up millions of my franchise's money on an idiot like him. He's so fucking dumb, after a big win this year, I think the conf champ, Jimbo Fisher had to tell him what to say and how to act. All caught on camera. If he doesn't k ow how to act by now, he never will imo.