• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Stafford wasn't our QB...

Which QB?

• Total voters

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he stole crab legs and sold his own signature for profit!
Those are called "character concerns". Happens all the time. And franchises lose out on players bc of it. Doesn't matter how talented a guy is, he isn't worth shit when he's suspended.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knowingly broke the fucking rules and is accused of r*pe!!!
Gimme a break already on "knowingly breaking the rules" shtick! So fucking what? The NCAA is a crooked organization through and through- for them to make tens of millions of dollars off Winston, and then turn around and tell him he can't sell his own autograph is an absolute joke. When NFL personnel people see comments like these regarding him breaking that particular rule, I promise they just laugh. Nobody in the NFL cares that he basically said "fuck you NCAA" and sold autographs. Manziel got popped for selling his signature, as did Gurley. The NFL doesn't care about players breaking arbitrary NFL rules- not their problem.

As for the r*pe accusation? That's very, very serious. If he's found guilty he has no business playing in the NFL.

It's also only an accusation at this point. Clubs will do their due diligence on the matter, I promise you that much. No GM is going to want to be the idiot that passed on Winston over those accusations if it later turns out to be untrue or if he's found not guilty. They're all smart enough to let the justice system run its course, rather than jump on the "fuck this guy" bandwagon that so many fans seem so eager to board right now.

What idiot GM other than the one named Mayhew would draft a guy #1 overall with a r*pe acquisition against him and a history of blatant disregard for the rules and just plain common sense?
The thing about NFL GMs is that they got where they are by being logical and looking at the facts, not flipping out over unsubstantiated rumors. They'll look into what really happened in these incidents, actually investigate the matter and interview those involved, and make an informed decision. An "idiot GM" would make an overly emotional snap-judgment based on what the media spoon feeds us on order to generate a good headline, just like I'm seeing an awful lot of in these discussions about Winston on here...

I don't care what he can talk about the game standing in front of a chalkboard I'm far more interested in why he's likely to be standing in a police line up sometime soon.
Well, it turns out that the guys who run NFL teams are very concerned with how well a QB prospect understands the game. As for the police line-up part? That's just a case of you not knowing the facts- something the "idiot GMs" aren't guilty of- they keep their ducks in a row on this stuff. I'm pretty sure the state of Florida never ended up pressing charges against him.

Comparisons to Peyton Manning??? Dear God in heaven you have got to be kidding me!!
Yep- they're just making that up for funsies. Definitely no smoke to that fire, personnel people are just making that up and going out of their way to get it into the media for shits and giggles. You act as if I'm making that up on the spot or something?

Buyer beware on this idiot. Has there been a #1 pick ever that came with similar baggage and character questions?

It all depends on your inner TMZ levels and how much you let the media tell you what the "facts" are. NFL teams will do there homework, and not rely on what they've heard and/or read on the internet. They're only concerned with what the actual facts are, not with his perceived baggage...

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme a break already on "knowingly breaking the rules" shtick! So fucking what? The NCAA is a crooked organization through and through- for them to make tens of millions of dollars off Winston, and then turn around and tell him he can't sell his own autograph is an absolute joke.

Whether or not you like the rule or not is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY irrelevant. I don't think I should have to pay any higher of a percentage in income tax than any other tax payer, but its the rule. The fact that I don't like it and think the IRS is crooked means nothing. The fact of the matter is that he knew it was the rule and of his own choice ignored it. Your personal feeling on the matter is worth jack shit. He did knowingly break that rule so its not a "shtick" of anything, its a fucking FACT!!

When NFL personnel people see comments like these regarding him breaking that particular rule, I promise they just laugh. Nobody in the NFL cares that he basically said "fuck you NCAA" and sold autographs.
When the hell did you get the inside scoop on what NFL personnel people use in evaluating players and their character?? That's a stupid and completely baseless comment derived solely from your particular opinion. It, just like your first comment, isn't worth jack shit.

What idiot GM other than the one named Mayhew would draft a guy #1 overall with a r*pe acquisition against him and a history of blatant disregard for the rules and just plain common sense?
The thing about NFL GMs is that they got where they are by being logical and looking at the facts, not flipping out over unsubstantiated rumors. They'll look into what really happened in these incidents, actually investigate the matter and interview those involved, and make an informed decision. An "idiot GM" would make an overly emotional snap-judgment based on what the media spoon feeds us on order to generate a good headline, just like I'm seeing an awful lot of in these discussions about Winston on here...
Once again its your opinion on unsubstantiated rumors. The Bucs GM isn't going to be sitting on a jury if it comes to that but he sure as hell will be on the unemployment line if he spends the #1 overall draft pick on a guy with the acquisition made against him and it proves to be true. Note the word I bolded for you in your comment and take a look at the "s" on the end of it. That denotes plural, more than one. Where there is smoke there is fire and it surrounds this idiot.

Well, it turns out that the guys who run NFL teams are very concerned with how well a QB prospect understands the game. As for the police line-up part? That's just a case of you not knowing the facts- something the "idiot GMs" aren't guilty of- they keep their ducks in a row on this stuff.
At some point you need to realize that your opinions and thoughts are NOT facts. So when you tell me that I don't know the facts and you have given absolutely zero facts whatsoever in the entirety of everything you have said I am inclined to tell you to shove it up your fucking ass and actually come up with an a fact first before you tell me I don't know them. Like the off field issues he has had. Those are facts, he has had them and my opinion is that only an idiot GM would risk the #1 overall pick on a low character asshat like him. You also have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to what information and inside knowledge any GM has on a criminal investigation so their ducks are no more in a row than any individual person would be able to obtain short of the ability to speak directly with the accused.

Buyer beware on this idiot. Has there been a #1 pick ever that came with similar baggage and character questions?
It all depends on your inner TMZ levels and how much you let the media tell you what the "facts" are. NFL teams will do there homework, and not rely on what they've heard and/or read on the internet. They're only concerned with what the actual facts are, not with his perceived baggage...
Another of your opinions stated as fact of what NFL teams are concerned with and zero way to even come close to backing it up. What does TMZ levels have to do with anything? Just answer the question. Name me one #1 overall pick that was selected with similar KNOWN issues and questions surrounding him?? There simply isn't one. The risk outweighs the reward here.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not you like the rule or not is ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY irrelevant. I don't think I should have to pay any higher of a percentage in income tax than any other tax payer, but its the rule. The fact that I don't like it and think the IRS is crooked means nothing. The fact of the matter is that he knew it was the rule and of his own choice ignored it. Your personal feeling on the matter is worth jack shit. He did knowingly break that rule so its not a "shtick" of anything, its a fucking FACT!![/QUOTE]

Again, though, so what? He broke a rule and got penalized. If you think the people looking at drafting him care that he got in trouble from the NCAA (no laws were broken on this one, thus no legal trouble connected) over something like that then you're just being naïve. They have no reason to care about simple rules like that one. And before you just repeat yourself again, I get it- he broke a rule, knowingly. My point is not that he didn't do it, but that the NFL people don't give two shits- they're not the NCAA, and it's not an NFL rule he broke. Water under the bridge.

When the hell did you get the inside scoop on what NFL personnel people use in evaluating players and their character?? That's a stupid and completely baseless comment derived solely from your particular opinion. It, just like your first comment, isn't worth jack shit.

Common sense on that one. They have bigger fish to fry than worrying about autographs and a grocery store manager hooking up local college players with seafood. The r*pe accusations are the big fish here- and that's where they'll be devoting their respective resources.

Once again its your opinion on unsubstantiated rumors. The Bucs GM isn't going to be sitting on a jury if it comes to that but he sure as hell will be on the unemployment line if he spends the #1 overall draft pick on a guy with the acquisition made against him and it proves to be true. Note the word I bolded for you in your comment and take a look at the "s" on the end of it. That denotes plural, more than one. Where there is smoke there is fire and it surrounds this idiot.
You can change the plurality of my statement around all you want, but, like I said above most of your "incidents" you're trying to levy against him are small-potatoes, misdemeanor stuff that NFL teams really won't get too excited about. There's one big incident (no "s" on that one) that, as far as I know, isn't being pursued by the FL justice system any longer. That's the one they'll really care about.

At some point you need to realize that your opinions and thoughts are NOT facts.
You. Have. Got. To. Be. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

Your posts are drastically more heavy-handed and absolute than mine. I go out of my way to put in that stuff is specifically "my opinion."

You couldn't possibly be any more hypocritical with that one.

So when you tell me that I don't know the facts and you have given absolutely zero facts whatsoever in the entirety of everything you have said I am inclined to tell you to shove it up your fucking ass and actually come up with an a fact first before you tell me I don't know them.
I'm not the one talking about a guy potentially going to court over charges that were dropped. Just sayin' that them facts aint correct...

Like the off field issues he has had. Those are facts, he has had them and my opinion is that only an idiot GM would risk the #1 overall pick on a low character asshat like him. You also have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to what information and inside knowledge any GM has on a criminal investigation so their ducks are no more in a row than any individual person would be able to obtain short of the ability to speak directly with the accused.
Really? You honestly don't think that teams looking at drafting Winston have a helluva lot more time and money to devote to their investigation than "any individual person?" I know you don't think highly of what NFL GMs do, but I think their level of commitment and just the general amount of work they put in runs far deeper than you're giving credit for. This is a hobby for us, while it's their career.

Another of your opinions stated as fact of what NFL teams are concerned with and zero way to even come close to backing it up. What does TMZ levels have to do with anything? Just answer the question. Name me one #1 overall pick that was selected with similar KNOWN issues and questions surrounding him?? There simply isn't one. The risk outweighs the reward here.
In MY OPINION, way too many people have believed absolutely everything the media prints or says about the kid, while absolutely NONE of us know him personally, or personally know anyone who knows him.
The media has an agenda, they're not interested in telling the truth, they're interested in getting us to read their articles.

I'm still not defending the kid, I'm just not pretending to no nearly as much about him as so many of you seem to think you do...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is not that he didn't do it, but that the NFL people don't give two shits- they're not the NCAA, and it's not an NFL rule he broke. Water under the bridge.
It goes a long way toward showing the character of the player they are making an enormous investment in. Stop telling me what YOU think NFL teams and personnel guys care about. You have zero insight into what they do or don't care about.

At some point you need to realize that your opinions and thoughts are NOT facts. You. Have. Got. To. Be. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

No I Am Not Fucking Kidding You.

Here is a perfect example......You just said this........Common sense on that one. They have bigger fish to fry than worrying about autographs and a grocery store manager hooking up local college players with seafood.

In your view the statement I made is wrong and the proof you offer to that is your opinion says its just common sense. When in FACT you have ZERO idea what goes into the evaluation process and while its small potatoes to you its a continuation of a pattern of behavior displayed by this idiot. That's something I think NFL GM's are and should be concerned with.

Really? You honestly don't think that teams looking at drafting Winston have a helluva lot more time and money to devote to their investigation than "any individual person?" I know you don't think highly of what NFL GMs do, but I think their level of commitment and just the general amount of work they put in runs far deeper than you're giving credit for. This is a hobby for us, while it's their career.
I wasn't talking about time and $. Teams and GM's have access to the same public records as you and I do. They don't have a mole working inside the Tallahassee Police Department gathering information for them. If you really wanted to investigate the allegations to the same extent they can you absolutely could.

The media has an agenda, they're not interested in telling the truth, they're interested in getting us to read their articles.

So did any of the things reported actually happen or were they just made up? Cause the point I have made repeatedly is that he is surrounded by controversy and not just one instance but multiple ones. You simply choose to discount them as not of any importance in your view. I've challenged you twice to provide me another #1 overall pick that entered the draft with character questions to the extent that come with Winston.

I'm still not defending the kid, I'm just not pretending to no nearly as much about him as so many of you seem to think you do...

I have yet to see anyone make any claim about what they "know" about him or what people think they know about him. What has been regularly said is that he has numerous off the field issues that go directly to the overall character of him. That character could be viewed as highly questionable as a result.

He is an article from The New York Times on the investigation put forth into the most significant allegation against him. This isn't some shit rag local publication like the Tallahassee Tit Swinger News, its The New York Times. If you, or the NFL teams are really going to dig and get to the truth before taking him #1 overall here is some of what they are going to find. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...egations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa will take him first. He will set them back another 3 years. He is no Cam Newton and is pretty much Josh Freeman, maybe slightly better at best.

He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Cam Newton. He ran like a 5 second 40. Compare him to white dudes like Tom Brady....and Rich Eisen!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your link doesn't work you old turd.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need more butter for this popcorn. This old turd you are speaking of is no MikeD in the debate department...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I don't do hypothetical, would hate to jinx the situation.
tumblr_mk5g119TlY1ro70y6o2_250.gif

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your link doesn't work you old turd.

Then Google "Jameis Winston is a stupid fucking asshat and likely rapist" and it will probably come up. While you are at it delete the gay p0rn that is in your search history before Amanda finds it.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe this will lighten the mood

Dr. Evil-er's man hard at work :hope:

well damn that didn't work
halfway down the page #11
NFL Mock Draft 2015: Adjusted Post-Combine Projections for 1st-Round Prospects | Bleacher Report

Watching the guy holding the pad reminded me of film on Sims and Raiola blocking last year as they were blown into the backfield. Two more pieces of shit that will enter the graveyard of former Lions offensive lineman who spent years starting for us only to never be heard from again when absolutely zero teams in the league showed any interest in adding them.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Cam Newton. He ran like a 5 second 40. Compare him to white dudes like Tom Brady....and Rich Eisen!

I think the Cam Newton comparison is more based on stuff like undefeated college season, national championship, leaving early....

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Story of Jameis Winston's accuser to be told in documentary - NFL.com

this documentary about college women and sexual assaults is coming out and the woman who is allegedly the victim of Winston is featured.

a snippet from that article above
Winston wasn't charged with a crime in the incident, although doubts have been cast about the quality of the police investigation. The state attorney's office wasn't notified of the allegation until 11 months after the incident, and state attorney Willie Meggs concedes in the film that he believes something "bad" happened at Winston's apartment, but that insufficient proof prevented a prosecution. Winston was also the subject of a school code of conduct hearing regarding the allegation, but wasn't charged in that instance, either.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would wait until next year to get Travis Wilson. I don't know if you watched his head plant out of bounds that was 6 yards short of a first down against Michigan, but that it the kind of decisions we need around here. Plus he is already very experienced with receivers that not only don't catch it, but they pop it up to be picked off! WHERE DID YOU GO KENNETH SCOTT'S HANDS!!!!!!! WHERE IN THE HELL ARE YOU!

....I am just upset about Whittingham losing all of his best recruiters and assistant coaches due to his head up his ass

If I remember correctly Mebert, he was diving for the line of scrimmage so...

I can't understand what the fuck happened with Kenneth "man hands" Scott this year. I'm hoping it had something to do with the injury the previous year. Sometimes players coming back from injury focus too much on not getting re-injured that their head isn't in the game yet. Hopefully he gets his mind right this season. Dude was a monster at snagging anything around him before the injury.

As far as Whitt goes, I agree with you for the most part. I don't understand why they change OC's every fucking year. I hated the Christiansen hire last year and actually didn't mind seeing him go. Sitake leaving sucks because of familiarity. He ran Whittinghams defense though. Gary Anderson ran Whitts defense too. The defense should be fine. I'd have preferred to fire Whitt and hire GA though if that was even an option. He is a much better leader of men.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then Google "Jameis Winston is a stupid fucking asshat and likely rapist" and it will probably come up. While you are at it delete the gay p0rn that is in your search history before Amanda finds it.
Nope... didn't work...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cam Newton comparison is more based on stuff like undefeated college season, national championship, leaving early....
Then he should be compared to Matt Stafford, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Andrew Luck, RG3, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, and Teddy Bridgewater.

They're all recent 1st round QBs who came out early.

I think the comparison to Newton and Freeman had more to do with skin color than it did with the fact that he came out early, which tons and tons of players do every single year...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa will take him first. He will set them back another 3 years. He is no Cam Newton and is pretty much Josh Freeman, maybe slightly better at best.

Remember when everyone thought Josh Freeman was the truth. Now look what he's doing for work...

soul-glo_fullsize.jpg

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he should be compared to Matt Stafford, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford, Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Andrew Luck, RG3, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel, and Teddy Bridgewater.

They're all recent 1st round QBs who came out early.

I think the comparison to Newton and Freeman had more to do with skin color than it did with the fact that he came out early, which tons and tons of players do every single year...

RG3 played four seasons and never redshirted. Guys like Luck, Stafford, Bradford and Bortles who spend four seasons in college and leave after their redshirt junior season seem strides ahead of the kids two years removed from high school. Whether it be football maturity or just as a person.

Some make it and many do not. Johnny as predicted will be a Josh Freeman. IMO nothing to do with color.