• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Durant is out for the season, who benefits the most?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sprained mcl, only 4 weeks

he hardly got bumped though. It was like westbrooks bang knees on the sidelines. Maybe kevin did some damage that game before when he lost his shoe and played up and down the court in a sock.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Butler? he has probably deserved it i think.

Yup -- you are right. I was thinking of Butler as SG -- but Wade is the SG.

Then Durant being in or out really could make the difference.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another impact. Paul George may now be All NBA -- which would increase the amount of $$$ the Pacers could pay him. (as far as I understand it) This may make it more likely that Paul would sign with Pacers -- but could end up to be a sign & trade.

I think Magic is going hard to bring PG home, even if its a two year deal before getting the big money

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder tank for the 8th seed, knowing Durant won't be back until the 2nd round or later, and the Thunder beat the Durant-less Warriors in the first round. That'd be some good TV(even though I do like watching the Warriors).

OKC beats the Warriors last year if they didn't have Durant. He cost us that series. But then goes to the team that beat him. Lol

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can get out of the 1st round with him pretty easily but once you get to the 2nd round and if he isn't healthy then that is when the trouble comes.
I don't think they'd skip a beat without him.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another impact. Paul George may now be All NBA -- which would increase the amount of $$$ the Pacers could pay him. (as far as I understand it) This may make it more likely that Paul would sign with Pacers -- but could end up to be a sign & trade.
I don't think there's a chance that he can overtake KD with like 22 games left. And next year, I don't see him getting on unless someone gets a long term injury, or he just has a season that no one sees coming

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the Warriors go 73-9 without Durant last year?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD got hurt? That sucks.

Best of luck to him in his recovery.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with the "oh he'll be fine in 4 weeks" stuff? A grade 2 sprain is still a tear. It's a partial tear, not a full tear. He's only going to be checked in 4 weeks, not cleared to play. It's conceivable he still is out for the year because its entirely dependent on how well his body heals. Even if he does get back some time in the playoffs, in all likelihood he won't be 100% and will be hobbled similar to how Curry was last year when he tweaked his knee. That right there is enough to swing a series. Its still a major injury. The positive is there's a chance he can come back but a "chance" does not equal a "guarantee". GS will need him back by the 2nd round. If he can't play or if his play is significantly hobbled, that's going to hamper their title hopes big time. His defense is too important for them to get by the championship rounds if he's at like 50 or 60%

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is up with the "oh he'll be fine in 4 weeks" stuff? A grade 2 sprain is still a tear. It's a partial tear, not a full tear. He's only going to be checked in 4 weeks, not cleared to play. It's conceivable he still is out for the year because its entirely dependent on how well his body heals. Even if he does get back some time in the playoffs, in all likelihood he won't be 100% and will be hobbled similar to how Curry was last year when he tweaked his knee. That right there is enough to swing a series. Its still a major injury. The positive is there's a chance he can come back but a "chance" does not equal a "guarantee". GS will need him back by the 2nd round. If he can't play or if his play is significantly hobbled, that's going to hamper their title hopes big time. His defense is too important for them to get by the championship rounds if he's at like 50 or 60%

You're being dramatic. Yeah he may not come back exactly in 4 weeks but to assume he is going to miss an additional 2-3 months is insane

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being dramatic. Yeah he may not come back exactly in 4 weeks but to assume he is going to miss an additional 2-3 months is insane

I don't think its being dramatic. It's being realistic. I'm not saying its a fact that he's going to miss the rest of the year. I'm acknowledging that its just as much a possibility as it is any other outcome. That's due to the fact that the timetable is entirely dependent on how well he heals. There's people out there thinking that just look at that 4 weeks thing and assume everything is fine and that the Warriors still have the other 3 as if they are still the same team that won a bunch of games last year (they aren't). They could still hold on to the 1 seed and survive till he gets back. But they could just as easily slip to the 2 seed, survive a 1st round, and then lose to the 3 seed Rockets because Durant is limping around out there. The injury puts the Western conference in play no doubt about it. That's a big deal.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its being dramatic. It's being realistic. I'm not saying its a fact that he's going to miss the rest of the year. I'm acknowledging that its just as much a possibility as it is any other outcome. That's due to the fact that the timetable is entirely dependent on how well he heals. There's people out there thinking that just look at that 4 weeks thing and assume everything is fine and that the Warriors still have the other 3 as if they are still the same team that won a bunch of games last year (they aren't). They could still hold on to the 1 seed and survive till he gets back. But they could just as easily slip to the 2 seed, survive a 1st round, and then lose to the 3 seed Rockets because Durant is limping around out there. The injury puts the Western conference in play no doubt about it. That's a big deal.

Unless Durant suffers a setback, no way in hell he is not available by the 2nd round. I just don't see it. As I said before, yea he may not come back exactly 4 weeks from now. I actually highly doubt he is back 4 weeks from now. My guess they try to get him some minutes in the final 3 games which would actually be about 6 weeks recovery time.

I don't think we'll know if the West is in play or not until Durant comes back and we realize that he is not 100%. If he comes back 6 weeks from now and is back to playing the way he's been playing all year, I don't think that will change anyone opinion.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Durant suffers a setback, no way in hell he is not available by the 2nd round. I just don't see it. As I said before, yea he may not come back exactly 4 weeks from now. I actually highly doubt he is back 4 weeks from now. My guess they try to get him some minutes in the final 3 games which would actually be about 6 weeks recovery time.

I don't think we'll know if the West is in play or not until Durant comes back and we realize that he is not 100%. If he comes back 6 weeks from now and is back to playing the way he's been playing all year, I don't think that will change anyone opinion.

The Warriors could plausibly hold him out until the 1st round. Then during the first round, get him spot minutes as a tune up. That could possibly be up to 7 1/2 weeks of time off with a game or two as a tune up for the second round. I think he has a decent shot to return before that and let him have a game or two during the regular season, and additionally limit his 1st round minutes. There's lots of situations for him to both rest and get some game action in before the second round.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors could plausibly hold him out until the 1st round. Then during the first round, get him spot minutes as a tune up. That could possibly be up to 7 1/2 weeks of time off with a game or two as a tune up for the second round. I think he has a decent shot to return before that and let him have a game or two during the regular season, and additionally limit his 1st round minutes. There's lots of situations for him to both rest and get some game action in before the second round.

Yeah I could see that. I just don't see any way he is not playing in round 2

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Calderon is the biggest loser.

He went from possibly getting a ring, to unemployed in the span of 2 hours....lol

It was wise to bring Barnes in in case Durant is sidelined longer.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jose Calderon is the biggest loser.

He went from possibly getting a ring, to unemployed in the span of 2 hours....lol

It was wise to bring Barnes in in case Durant is sidelined longer.

Well he did get paid for not having to play a single second for the Warriors. Warriors signed him for the rest of the season, then waived him, so he receives payment. So all in all he's not in bad shape. Not quite Keith Van Horn level, but close.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant benefits the most, gives him more time to think about the shit he has done.