• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Thought Steve Kerr is a Tremendous Leader

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it'll have to be Curry. Has to be if anyone is going to be put on blast. But I 100% disagree that it needs to be done in front of the media. The Warriors have done a great job of isolating the locker room from the outside and not letting too much slip (credit Mark Jackson for really turning that around).

Belichek also doesn't talk to the media. It's not something you would ever know happened if Ocho didn't mention it. Same thing with the Warriors. It's also entirely possible that Kerr blasts those other guys in practice too and we just never hear about it.

Yeah I wasn't saying for sure but if they are having these conversations in the locker room and it is not working I think the media may be the way to go.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kick is completely on the other side of the Spur player, no where near his jewels.
Yes, flailing like Draymond does should be a foul when he makes contact, but I don't think that Draymond is stupid enough to do this intentionally, especially since everyone knows that he does it and the refs will be looking for it. I think it is a terrible habit that he has in trying to keep his balance.

Has he taken shots at opponents' package in the past? Yes. But I think that now he has the rep and some of his flailing that is not intentional is being misread.

I still wouldn't want my junk in distance of his foot, intentional or not.

Agree 100%.

He flails all the time and needs to stop. He did not kick Parker last night. I don't know what you all are looking at. He didn't try to kick Parker any more than he tried to kick Adams.

Penalize him when his flails connect, but you guys are looking too hard. This was nothing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let me qualify that I have loved watching the Warriors play and was rooting for them last year and will continue to root for them this year. Call me a bandwagoneer just don't call me a hater.

We have been sold a story about how great of a leader Steve Kerr is. I never discounted it. I did think it was interesting to see the team remained consistent while Kerr missed time and young Walton took over.

But here is my problem. If he was such a great leader, why can't he stop Draymond Green from kicking guys below the belt. Since I was a kid I was taught that it's 100% unacceptable yet Draymond keeps doing it over and over as he did last night. I know he didn't connect but it's the same move that got him suspended in the finals which was arguably the momentum shifter and gave the Cavs the title.

I think Kerr needs to stop enabling Dray and put him on the bench for his actions for at least 3 games. Instead of arguing with the refs for the call. This might even reveal whether they need him or not.

Here is the kick.

Vg1L-h.gif

Personally I thought that Luke Walton and the other assistant coach the season before made Kerr look better than what he was capable of, but we will see what Walton does with the Lakers this year and what Kerr does, but I have never been impressed with the guy

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Draymond's skill. In terms of him as a person and his antics, I can't think of one current NBA player that I dislike more than him. I wanted the Heat to draft him, but I guess in a weird way I'm lucky as it'd be hard defending him on my team.

Nah, he's like any other sports 'bad guy', on your team you love him, on another you hate him. We're all rooting for laundry.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been impressed with the guy
Yeah! In two years as a head coach he's only had a 67 win season followed by a 73 win season, two Finals appearances, one title. Come on, show me something Steve!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah! In two years as a head coach he's only had a 67 win season followed by a 73 win season, two Finals appearances, one title. Come on, show me something Steve!
he's done that but I just am skeptical anyways

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably still skeptical of Riley and Popovich also.
Riley and Popovich though proved they can sustain winning teams in the rebuilding process though. Not taking away from Kerr - It's just I haven't seen him do much until he inherited a stacked them that was ready to do some distance before he came. I think almost any coach outside D'antonio could have won

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley and Popovich though proved they can sustain winning teams in the rebuilding process though. Not taking away from Kerr - It's just I haven't seen him do much until he inherited a stacked them that was ready to do some distance before he came. I think almost any coach outside D'antonio could have won
Or Mark Jackson, I guess.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This year will prove if he is great...not saying what he hasn't done isn't great but taking on a new roster (for the most part) is a tough task. The depth is not as deep and they have to figure out a way to even spread the ball around more and who gets the ball in certain circumstances. I think these things will be more difficult to figure out than most think.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year will prove if he is great...not saying what he hasn't done isn't great but taking on a new roster (for the most part) is a tough task. The depth is not as deep and they have to figure out a way to even spread the ball around more and who gets the ball in certain circumstances. I think these things will be more difficult to figure out than most think.
He still added a top 3 player in the league, to go along with his other top 3 player in the league. I'm not saying you have to build a team from the ground up to be great, but c'mon now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still added a top 3 player in the league, to go along with his other top 3 player in the league. I'm not saying you have to build a team from the ground up to be great, but c'mon now.
okay you win lol

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the same line of thinking of mine - He has been a really good coach and I give him that. The fact that he has produced two head coaches in the last three years or so alone is remarkable although Phil Jackson trained Luke Walton when he spent so much time on the bench injured. Not only that but considering how close they came, I thought GS kind of collapsed at the last when they should have found a way to win. Their weakness to me was strong defense and sense Walton is teaching the Lakers players about strong defense - I tend to believe Kerr doesn't emphasize it enough

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - and that took place after he was with the Patriots.

So he didn't actually change, just under the patriots lockdown policy on media availability didn't say dumb shit for 5 months? At which time he was focusing on one of his last chances to play in the NFL. It's a great story but change isn't "this one year of my life I won't get in trouble".

Now lets talk about how Bill Belichick changed Albert Haynesworth from a talented lazy player who fought with coaches... to a talented lazy player who fought with coaches. I say people will do what they do.

Him having cheaters, drug offenders, mass murderers, PED offenders isn't on him.

People are who they are. Even the greatest leader can't change people who don't want to change. So you have to decide what's worth it. You can call him out in the media if you think that circus is worth it but the next time he loses his cool, he isn't thinking about your media day last month. He's reacting to the moment. Then you've set yourself up where you are expected to take more action now...

Last edited: