• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Thought Steve Kerr is a Tremendous Leader

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kerr or anyone for that matter can control Dray.

The edge Dray plays with is part of what makes him so good, so I don't know how much of that edge you want to stifle.

He reminds me of Rodman; you may just have to let him be himself in order to get the most out of him.

Did someone type this reasonable response for you?

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Shit...cue the go-go music...lol

I lived in Laurel and Glenn Burnie for about 5 years when I was Stationed at Fort Meade.
Nice, I'm from farther south, St. Mary's Co. I live out here in Cali with you crazies now, though.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond is a beat - there is no denying that.

Isn't he supposedly a quality family man too or am I misremembering that?

I don't know if I remember that. But stop flailing/flopping around that will get you into some shit. It already cost your team a title. One would usually learn their lesson from that.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kick is completely on the other side of the Spur player, no where near his jewels.
Yes, flailing like Draymond does should be a foul when he makes contact, but I don't think that Draymond is stupid enough to do this intentionally, especially since everyone knows that he does it and the refs will be looking for it. I think it is a terrible habit that he has in trying to keep his balance.

Has he taken shots at opponents' package in the past? Yes. But I think that now he has the rep and some of his flailing that is not intentional is being misread.

I still wouldn't want my junk in distance of his foot, intentional or not.

It's his signature move though. IMO, the intent was there.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clemenstime.gif

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I remember that. But stop flailing/flopping around that will get you into some shit. It already cost your team a title. One would usually learn their lesson from that.

Word.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, I'm from farther south, St. Mary's Co. I live out here in Cali with you crazies now, though.

Cool....I'm from Los Scandalous.

But, I live out in the Inland Empire....little less crazy...But, just a little...lol

I was a big Bullets/Wizards fan in the late 90's to early 2000's.

I had a love Jones for that Damn Chris Webber.

That team with Strickland, Webber, Howard, Chaney, Tracey Murray and a young Ben Wallace was my favorite.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool....I'm from Los Scandalous.

But, I live out in the Inland Empire....little less crazy...But, just a little...lol

I was a big Bullets/Wizards fan in the late 90's to early 2000's.

I had a love Jones for that Damn Chris Webber.

That team with Strickland, Webber, Howard, Chaney, Tracey Murray and a young Ben Wallace was my favorite.
Those were the golden years for sure.

I'm also in the IE. Small world.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were the golden years for sure.

I'm also in the IE. Small world.

I think folks are sleeping on the Wizkids.

They are not contenders. Hell, neither are my Clippers.

But, if everyone is healthy, Wall and Beal coexist, Porter takes even a small step, they will make the playoffs.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think folks are sleeping on the Wizkids.

They are not contenders. Hell, neither are my Clippers.

But, if everyone is healthy, Wall and Beal coexist, Porter takes even a small step, they will make the playoffs.
Health is the big concern, but I think we are a playoff team too. Last year was an aberration as far as I'm concerned. Right now everyone looks healthy, and Brooks is an upgrade at HC, so I'm feeling pretty good. Tomorrow night's game @Atl will be a nice gauge for these guys though.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But here is my problem. If he was such a great leader, why can't he stop Draymond Green from kicking guys below the belt.

Because in the heat of the moment, when players make those decisions, your "leadership ability" as a coach means nothing. You can't change who the player is. Either do your best with him and as long as the positives he brings are better than the negatives, go forward with it, or if he is ruining your team, move on from him.

I consider Phil Jackson a really good leader of basketball players as a coach. But it doesn't matter, if Rodman gets upset and wants to swing or grab a guy or whatever, he will do that. And Phil would know his team is better with Rodman than without him and Rodman would play in the next game unless the NBA said he couldn't.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because in the heat of the moment, when players make those decisions, your "leadership ability" as a coach means nothing. You can't change who the player is. Either do your best with him and as long as the positives he brings are better than the negatives, go forward with it, or if he is ruining your team, move on from him.

I consider Phil Jackson a really good leader of basketball players as a coach. But it doesn't matter, if Rodman gets upset and wants to swing or grab a guy or whatever, he will do that. And Phil would know his team is better with Rodman than without him and Rodman would play in the next game unless the NBA said he couldn't.

When Chad Johnson was in New England, how many times did you hear about him being the douche he was in Cincinnati?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whuh???

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Chad Johnson was in New England, how many times did you hear about him being the douche he was in Cincinnati?

Cincy is a mess though. And mostly Chad Johnson's stuff there was being upset about losing, or celebrating winning.

Haynesworth would be a fine example in NE. Or Aaron Hernandez. Or Terry Glenn, or Daederick, or Ninkovic, Or Harrison, Spikes, Bolden, Cunningham.

Those players are the people they are.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say Crazies? I meant, uh, shit you guys are crazy and you know it. :loco2:
Wherever would you get that idea?? :surprised:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Belichick changed Chad Johnson. Even Ocho Cinco said that himself.

Honestly... I liked him better before that change when he wasn't a wife beater.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly... I liked him better before that change when he wasn't a wife beater.

LOL - and that took place after he was with the Patriots.

From Ocho:

“So, first day, no greeting, no nothing, he puts on the loss to the Jets in the playoffs or something where they went home early. And he puts it on and rips into Tom [Brady]. First meeting, no practice, like everybody and he’s going on, and he’s at Tom’s head. And I’m like, ‘Is this a joke; are we being Punk’d?,’ because, from my understanding, as a coach you don’t chastise your quarterback and you definitely don’t do it in front of everybody. And he laid his you-know-what out, and I was like ‘Oh. My. God.’ That set the tone right there for me. I was walking on egg shells from that point on.”

Looks like Kerr needs to put someone on blast and maybe do it in front of the media.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - and that took place after he was with the Patriots.

From Ocho:

“So, first day, no greeting, no nothing, he puts on the loss to the Jets in the playoffs or something where they went home early. And he puts it on and rips into Tom [Brady]. First meeting, no practice, like everybody and he’s going on, and he’s at Tom’s head. And I’m like, ‘Is this a joke; are we being Punk’d?,’ because, from my understanding, as a coach you don’t chastise your quarterback and you definitely don’t do it in front of everybody. And he laid his you-know-what out, and I was like ‘Oh. My. God.’ That set the tone right there for me. I was walking on egg shells from that point on.”

Looks like Kerr needs to put someone on blast and maybe do it in front of the media.

Yeah, I think it'll have to be Curry. Has to be if anyone is going to be put on blast. But I 100% disagree that it needs to be done in front of the media. The Warriors have done a great job of isolating the locker room from the outside and not letting too much slip (credit Mark Jackson for really turning that around).

Belichek also doesn't talk to the media. It's not something you would ever know happened if Ocho didn't mention it. Same thing with the Warriors. It's also entirely possible that Kerr blasts those other guys in practice too and we just never hear about it.