• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical: Culliver Returns

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Culliver was to be cleared and said he felt his knee was 100%, would you give him his starting job back?

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think Brock and Brown have earned their place personally. With Eric Wright in the fold, and Asomugha, and Culliver in the background..... its become a pretty solid looking CB unit. Culliver will need to earn his starting job back the way those guys are playing.

My question is why haven't we locked up either Brown or Brock yet? I would really like to see Brock get a long term deal.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Culliver is a liability at corner. Why do people still insist he's the Messiah of our D. The guy is a bum who cost us a SB.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I think Brock and Brown have earned their place personally. With Eric Wright in the fold, and Asomugha, and Culliver in the background..... its become a pretty solid looking CB unit. Culliver will need to earn his starting job back the way those guys are playing.

My question is why haven't we locked up either Brown or Brock yet? I would really like to see Brock get a long term deal.

I'm waiting to see if Brown is going to slow down at some point this season. He's a solid number 2 guy IMO, but for how long?

Brock on the other hand seems to be putting himself in position to make plays, but I think it's largely due to coincidence. Not instinct. With that being said he has been doing a solid job this year and deserves recognition for being perhaps the most improved player on our team, but I'm not ready to give him big money to be a long term starter.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coincidence? Three interceptions in three starts?

Thats some coincidence.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Culliver was to be cleared and said he felt his knee was 100%, would you give him his starting job back?

Completely recovered? Hell yes. He's the best Corner on the team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brown is probably waiting to see if the team is going to do right by him or continue the rip off of the 2 mil before he thinks about re-signing..

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting to see if Brown is going to slow down at some point this season. He's a solid number 2 guy IMO, but for how long?

Brock on the other hand seems to be putting himself in position to make plays, but I think it's largely due to coincidence. Not instinct. With that being said he has been doing a solid job this year and deserves recognition for being perhaps the most improved player on our team, but I'm not ready to give him big money to be a long term starter.

Brock is a solid backup who can step in and start when needed.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coincidence? Three interceptions in three starts?

Thats some coincidence.

He almost had another one against the Titans. The other one he got against them was badly under thrown and uncontested.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm more concerned with whether the Niners are working on a contract extension for him than whether he'll be playing this year. The Niners are Calista Flockhart thin (dated reference) at CB next year. Now would be a perfect time to re-sign him; his stock is never going to be lower IMO, and Culliver might take whatever he can get at this point with his future uncertain.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more concerned with whether the Niners are working on a contract extension for him than whether he'll be playing this year. The Niners are Calista Flockhart thin (dated reference) at CB next year. Now would be a perfect time to re-sign him; his stock is never going to be lower IMO, and Culliver might take whatever he can get at this point with his future uncertain.

I understood it. (Ally McBeal)

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

don't we have to wait til the end of the season to extend him? He's from Aldon/Kap's draft class right?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver had a bad game, but he isn't playing on offense. The entire team played like shit for the first half of the game starting off by getting a 40 yard play called back.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Culliver had a bad game, but he isn't playing on offense. The entire team played like shit for the first half of the game starting off by getting a 40 yard play called back.

I think people forget as well, that Culliver was right on top of Boldin on some incredible catches he made.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd move culliver to FS next year and put Reid at SS

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd move culliver to FS next year and put Reid at SS
Interesting point and that might work but I think Culliver is nothing more than a back up at this point. Maybe he will get the chance to prove his worth.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is probably waiting to see if the team is going to do right by him or continue the rip off of the 2 mil before he thinks about re-signing..

Now the 49ers ripped him off? Weren't you calling Brown a moron at the time for not knowing the details of his contract?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the 49ers ripped him off? Weren't you calling Brown a moron at the time for not knowing the details of his contract?

I was. Astute, calculating businessmen rip off morons every day. What's your point?