• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypothetical: Culliver Returns

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the reason these guys hire an agency though. The agents negotiate the contracts, the agents help create the final draft and then call in the clients to simply sign the document. The agents and the team are ONLY ones who know every detail of the contract. Of course you would want to ask questions to get a better understanding of the contract but what is to say that he didn't ask questions? How long ago did Brown sign the contract? Is it completely out of the realm of possibility that his agent (and possibly even team) forgot about this detail?

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. No sympathy for the guy.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. No sympathy for the guy.

This guy is a product of the Texas public school system and the University of Texas where despite the best tutors and the blatent cheating of the athletic department he could not graduate. We all should have some sympathy for the debiltatingly ignorant. With that background I'll bet he can barely read or write and he has been busted for drugs and weapons charges numerous times. With no education and a criminal background like his the 49ers should take care of him. It should be clear tothem that he cannot take care of himself.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is a product of the Texas public school system and the University of Texas where despite the best tutors and the blatent cheating of the athletic department he could not graduate. We all should have some sympathy for the debiltatingly ignorant. With that background I'll bet he can barely read or write and he has been busted for drugs and weapons charges numerous times. With no education and a criminal background like his the 49ers should take care of him. It should be clear tothem that he cannot take care of himself.

You just said in another thread that you're not a troll and 15 minutes later you come up with this?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said in another thread that you're not a troll and 15 minutes later you come up with this?

What did I say that was false? Heck, I'm defending the guy. Show me where I've trolled, or even posted, in any teanm's board not my own?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't want him back, he's a liability. He might be the worse slot CB in the NFL, he just can't cover slot receivers.

Surprisingly, the only area this year where Rogers grades negatively when playing in the slot is in yards given up after the catch. Every other major advanced statistic he's just inside the top 10 or just outside the top 10 amongst other CBs that have enough snaps while in the slot to qualify for each area.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did I say that was false? Heck, I'm defending the guy. Show me where I've trolled, or even posted, in any teanm's board not my own?

And you have factual proof all that happened?? Who have no idea who Tarell Brown is as a person and I don't think you can just make those assumptions based off where he grew up.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have factual proof all that happened?? Who have no idea who Terrell Brown is as a person and I don't think you can just make those assumptions based off where he grew up.

He played for North Mesquite High School in Mesquite, Texas. Tarell Brown played in the 2003 U.S. Army All-American Bowl alongside fellow Texas Longhorn Limas Sweed.

College career[edit]

Brown played defensive back for the Texas Longhorns college football team. He was a member of the National Championship team that played in the 2006 Rose Bowl National Championship Game against USC. Brown was injured in the fourth quarter of the game and left with a broken arm.[1]

On September 4, 2006, Brown was one of two UT players and one former UT player were arrested in Austin and charged for marijuana possession, a Class B misdemeanor.[2] The two current players, Tarell Brown and Tyrell Gatewood, were suspended from the team and did not play in the 9 September 2006 game against the 2006 Ohio State Buckeyes football team.[2] Noted for his continual legal problems, Brown was also charged with a Class A misdemeanor weapons violation for being in possession of a firearm without a permit.[2] It was later revealed that Brown and Gatewood had been tasered during the arrest, although the reasons for such treatment have not been fully established.[3]

At the time of the arrest, Tarell Brown was listed as a starting cornerback

Product of the public school system? Check. Didn't graduate from UT? Check. Numerous arrests? Check.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played for North Mesquite High School in Mesquite, Texas. Tarell Brown played in the 2003 U.S. Army All-American Bowl alongside fellow Texas Longhorn Limas Sweed.

College career[edit]

Brown played defensive back for the Texas Longhorns college football team. He was a member of the National Championship team that played in the 2006 Rose Bowl National Championship Game against USC. Brown was injured in the fourth quarter of the game and left with a broken arm.[1]

On September 4, 2006, Brown was one of two UT players and one former UT player were arrested in Austin and charged for marijuana possession, a Class B misdemeanor.[2] The two current players, Tarell Brown and Tyrell Gatewood, were suspended from the team and did not play in the 9 September 2006 game against the 2006 Ohio State Buckeyes football team.[2] Noted for his continual legal problems, Brown was also charged with a Class A misdemeanor weapons violation for being in possession of a firearm without a permit.[2] It was later revealed that Brown and Gatewood had been tasered during the arrest, although the reasons for such treatment have not been fully established.[3]

At the time of the arrest, Tarell Brown was listed as a starting cornerback

Product of the public school system? Check. Didn't graduate from UT? Check. Numerous arrests? Check.

So you troll around wikipedia so you can find out this information about 49ers' players and then bash them on a 49ers board?? Sounds like trolling. No matter if you are a "fan" of this team or not.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you troll around wikipedia so you can find out this information about 49ers' players and then bash them on a 49ers board?? Sounds like trolling. No matter if you are a "fan" of this team or not.

Nope. I defended him. Read the htread. I said the 49ers should look after him because of his ignorance and upbringing and should have kept him informed on the contents of his contarct since he is so ignorant.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I defended him. Read the htread. I said the 49ers should look after him because of his ignorance and upbringing and should have kept him informed on the contents of his contarct since he is so ignorant.

defending a guy by saying how ignorant and stupid he is?? That is real nice of you

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how much money does his agent make?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defending a guy by saying how ignorant and stupid he is?? That is real nice of you

Ignorance and stupidity are not even close to being the same thing. And not once did I call him stupid. I know you have an agenda, but lying doesn't help it. But you tell me, what would you call a guy who lets a 2 million dollar bonus, two thirds of his pay, get away because he didn't know he had to come to work?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignorance and stupidity are not even close to being the same thing. And not once did I call him stupid. I know you have an agenda, but lying doesn't help it. But you tell me, what would you call a guy who lets a 2 million dollar bonus, two thirds of his pay, get away because he didn't know he had to come to work?

Somehow you inferred from Wikipedia that he is illiterate, I don't think it's much of a stretch for someone to infer from that comment that you think he's stupid.

And you said all that about Brown not because you actually believe it but just to get a rise out of people. That's troll talk Billy.

You got kicked off the SF Giants board for being a huge tool of a troll. You have the same schtick here. You don't remember that? Is your mind that addled with senility?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You implied that he was stupid. And ignorance and stupidity are pretty damn close to each other. I don't need you to say it for me not to realize you think the dude is stupid.
He pays an agent for a reason, all the contract stuff is on the agent. Players don't worry about the contract except for how much money they get and how many years the contract is. All the other little details are all on the agent to take care of and let the player know. If the players did everything there would be no point of an agent.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly, the only area this year where Rogers grades negatively when playing in the slot is in yards given up after the catch. Every other major advanced statistic he's just inside the top 10 or just outside the top 10 amongst other CBs that have enough snaps while in the slot to qualify for each area.

That is an absolute shocking stat.

So what is your overall opinion of Rogers?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do enjoy reading Toby's argument about how this is both the team and the player's fault and they all deserve our disgust (or is it pity? I can't tell)

"Boo everyone. Team sucks, it's only 5-2 and they beat up on cupcakes like the Packers. Management sucks, they just try to take advantage of people's stupidity. Players suck, they're stupid. Quarterback sucks, he's a stupid narcissist who likes rap music. Manningham sucks, he's a stupid wimp who loves him some histrionics.

Special teams coach is pretty good though, he must be new. Go Niners!"

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, do you enjoy all of the negative attention that you bring to yourself? Just wondering.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd give him his job back, where he's the nickel back who plays outside, and move Brock to the slot in those situations. Cully, at this point, wouldn't play in base (though Brock would have a short leash based purely on sample size).

Rogers would get to watch the games with Nnamdi since he's our 4th best CB (at best) and brings no value to ST like Cox and Morris do. My gameday CBs would be

Brown
Brock (starts, moves to slot in nickel)
Culliver (in on nickel, covering the outside WR)
Cox (covers other slot in dime)
Morris (plays CB in emergency/blowout situation, stays a beast on ST).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Your opinion, I disagree. Money doesn't always mean you are happy nor that you shouldn't complain. I understand that money would mean happiness for some people but I don't like blanket statements like because money isn't happiness for all people.

:doh: You're talking out of both sides of you mouth here. Money isn't everything; doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't complain. Ok. What is he complaining about??? MONEY!!!