• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early season extremism seems in full effect. Keep hearing they have to now run the table to have playoff hopes, give me a break... it’s week 1, no one has any idea how this season will turn out. If they go on to run the table, and that implies win the pac 12 championship game, there is very little to no chance they aren’t in. While it looks pretty doable on paper, the odds of winning out are against them, and another loss won’t erase all playoff hope.

That was a “good” loss last week. I get it, it feels dirty saying it, but how many other teams have gotten some credit for these “good” losses in the playoff, and even BCS era? Let’s go ahead and join them. Down the road if it’s relevant we’ll get credit for that loss, significantly more credit than if they beat the shit out of Rutgers or Fresno again. The team should be focused on what went wrong in that game, they shouldn’t feel good about it at all. Their goal this season should be to win the conference, as it should have been from the beginning. While they’re doing that there’s nothing for us to be too hung up on as fans. There was a lot of good to take from that game, wait and see before you get too hung up on this shit.

By the way, if they happen to win the conference and miss out on the playoff, the Rose Bowl is the consolation prize this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but despite the Falcons "struggles" last year, Sark came under fire because he was the offensive coordinator.

Watching the game right now, he has really designed some brilliant plays.

He has his issues and I was probably the most furious when he left us, but IMO he's a brilliant offensive mind and I wish him the best. He could end up with another college football head coaching job if he's able to prove sobriety and the Falcons offense doesn't implode this season.

Part of me feels bad for him. A lot of people in my profession (law) deal with drinking issues and are productive, but it's not put under the microscope like he was. I think he has the talent to be an above average head coach, but I think that his drinking problem will haunt him. Hell, he had a drinking issue while he was at UW and nobody at the Seattle Times reported it until he was fired because of it.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark is whatever. He clearly has issues, and good for him seeming to get that in order. He got the program out of the gutter and back to mediocre, so that’s good. How Petersen had to clean house his first year suggests he’d still be 7 win sark if he stayed. Leaving ended up being the biggest favor he could do for the program, outside of at least giving some hope that the program was gonna be back next year every year (which at the time was a hell of a lot better than “can we win a game this year?”).

That said, how he left UW was bullshit. Going after USC when he got out of rehab for firing him was bullshit. The only thing I wish for him is to stay healthy. Won’t feel bad if he never lands another head coaching gig.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. I really tried to get excited for this game but I just can't. I hate the games against FCS teams. I wish UW was still one of the few that had never played one.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck, that was hands down the most boring game I've ever experienced. Was so happy to leave in the 3rd quarter. I was literally conking out in the fucking stands...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck, that was hands down the most boring game I've ever experienced. Was so happy to leave in the 3rd quarter. I was literally conking out in the fucking stands...

LOL , I don't know why you guys go when they have a lower quality opponent in house, they never run their true playbook, it's a game where they install newer stuff and trying new schemes and they look like crap when they do it....Of course they go back to basics just in time to run the score up and cover the spread...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to the gentleman sitting in the front row saying Sark got creative with his play calling the other night:

Sir you must have been drunk cause I have two games now DVR'd and the only difference instead of throwing to Jones at the top of the screen ( divisional playoff) is this time they went to the bottom of the screen...

Outcome is still the same : E-A-G-L-E-S Win !

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to the gentleman sitting in the front row saying Sark got creative with his play calling the other night:

Sir you must have been drunk cause I have two games now DVR'd and the only difference instead of throwing to Jones at the top of the screen ( divisional playoff) is this time they went to the bottom of the screen...

Outcome is still the same : E-A-G-L-E-S Win !

I didn’t watch the game, but I laughed and thought if this thread when I saw a link on Facebook called something like “Sark is still terrible”.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t watch the game, but I laughed and thought if this thread when I saw a link on Facebook called something like “Sark is still terrible”.

To be fair to our former head coach, some would say it's his QB that sucks and not the play calling....

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies open up at -6.5 @ Utah. Gonna be a tight game with two of the best Ds in the PAC going at it. Huge test to start off our PAC play. Go Dawgs!!!

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m calling a big win this weekend. I was worried at first because Utah has always played the Dawgs tough and hangs around, and at Utah seems only slightly better than at one of the Arizonas. But fuck em. That FCS game was garbage, we can go with they were working on things and all those kind of excuses, but either way they came out sloppy and lethargic. I hate FCS games in general as much as the next guy, but even still I’ve never had one put me to sleep like that one did. That after the slow start with Auburn, I’m going with they’re getting their manhood checked this week at practice and rip Utah apart.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m calling a big win this weekend. I was worried at first because Utah has always played the Dawgs tough and hangs around, and at Utah seems only slightly better than at one of the Arizonas. But fuck em. That FCS game was garbage, we can go with they were working on things and all those kind of excuses, but either way they came out sloppy and lethargic. I hate FCS games in general as much as the next guy, but even still I’ve never had one put me to sleep like that one did. That after the slow start with Auburn, I’m going with they’re getting their manhood checked this week at practice and rip Utah apart.

I concur!

I believe the running game goes off and Jake drops a few pretty balls for TD's !

Dawgs by 20!

Bow Down Bitches!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we get it. Haener looked good in garbage time against an FCS team. It gives him a leg up on the other kids for next year.

It's still a very different animal to beat up a bad team when nothing is on the line and going up against a real defense when every play matters. Hopefully we won't have to see how he does in that situation this season.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not going to get all wrapped up in the Haener over hype. Personally I think it's being fueled by folks that are bitchin about Browning.... I think if Coach Pete lost faith in Browning we would've seen a change by now. It's not like coach Pete doesn't have other options in that QB room.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we get it. Haener looked good in garbage time against an FCS team. It gives him a leg up on the other kids for next year.

It's still a very different animal to beat up a bad team when nothing is on the line and going up against a real defense when every play matters. Hopefully we won't have to see how he does in that situation this season.
If Browning doesn't get his shit together I'm not adverse to giving Haener a shot. Haener can move outide the pocket which in turn gives the OL a break.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not going to get all wrapped up in the Haener over hype. Personally I think it's being fueled by folks that are bitchin about Browning.... I think if Coach Pete lost faith in Browning we would've seen a change by now. It's not like coach Pete doesn't have other options in that QB room.
Once again we have questions on the offense and I'm losing my patience with it. The game planning and play calling have been just as bad so far as last year with Smith.

Gaskin had less yards and less average per carry vs ND than he did vs Auburn!
Browning has been under pressure way too much. 37% of drop backs have been pressured.

CLEARLY there's a problem with the line and/or creativity of play design.

And we will find out tonight how much of it they have addressed.

THAT is our concern way more than anything Browning has or hasn't done IMO.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Browning doesn't get his shit together I'm not adverse to giving Haener a shot. Haener can move outide the pocket which in turn gives the OL a break.
I'm not banging Browning's drum. There's no doubt he hasn't lived up to the expectation of a playoff worthy QB.

I'm simply saying Haener having a great series or two against an FCS team doesn't give you nearly enough information to suggest he's a better option against a real defense under pressure where every play matters. He's still a giant unknown.