• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2018 season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see nobody jumped off a bridge after this lose....

To me this was a push, their backyard, their toothless fans, lost by 5....( Granted Dawgs had this one)
Don't get me wrong Im pissed but this puts them on notice they need to win out, and I think they can and will.
This didn't derail the season, but there was plenty to come out worried about moving forward.

They won't see another defense as solid as Auburn's the rest of the year, but the play calling and lack of adjustments was glaring.

It was nice to see more than one WR making big plays which really bodes well moving forward.

The lack of tackling and allowing so many return yards are two big things that need to be cleaned up, and I'm sure they will.

The penalties also were a bit too much for a team that focuses so much on disciplined play.

They really played poorly the first quarter and turned it around, but they can't do that on the road against Utah or allow the ducks to feel any kind of momentum early.

UW now has to run the table to reach any sort of attempt at the playoffs and that's a really tall order.

There's a lot to like about this team and where they are, but they now have no margin of error the rest of the season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think UW has a lot to be optimistic about despite the loss.

Pros:
-Offensive line was able to create holes in the run game
-Despite inconsistency, the offensive line did give Browning some time to throw on occasion.
-Defensive front only gave up 3.3 YPC to Auburn
-WRs really made some great plays
-Gaskin and Ahmed averaged 4.6 YPC against a great defensive line
-Kicking didn't look awful

Cons:
-Secondary had a disappointing game
-Browning was once again exposed by what a decent pass rush can do to him. He looked scared all game.
-What the fuck was the read option play call that resulted in Browning's fumble?
-Special teams gave up some big returns
-Poor tackling at times
-Once again UW has failed to establish itself against a good team
-Penalties

Overall, this was essentially a road loss against a good team. It was a close game. The biggest criticisms I have about the team will either not be relevant for the next 11 games or can be improved upon.

We played a tough game against a very talented team and if a few things would've gone differently, we would've won.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok…you guys miss OC JS now don't cha?

:heh:
Not

Even

A

Tiny

Bit

He does look like he's got something going for your crew on offense, but running Pete's stuff pete's way really wasn't his thing.

Hamdan is a little green, but his upside is way higher IMO. Loved some of the pass sets, but he needs a bit of work on ground game selection. He'll get there.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see nobody jumped off a bridge after this lose....

To me this was a push, their backyard, their toothless fans, lost by 5....( Granted Dawgs had this one)
Don't get me wrong Im pissed but this puts them on notice they need to win out, and I think they can and will.

Depending on who, when, and where they could probably even get away with another loss and keep reasonable playoff hopes. Not that we want that, but the reality is if we’re in the playoff discussion at the end of the year we’ll get more credit for this loss than any out of conference win since the playoff discussion was something we cared about. (Unless Auburn goes on to completely shit themselves).

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace, I love you man, but get out of here you awful jackass. Smith is not our concern anymore.

That said I’m glad you’re happy. May you go on to lose plenty more games by 45 points, or whatever the hell it was...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your right, he's my problem now…kinda like his O prowess. I just in here trying to talk about a lack of offense.

well that and stir the pot as well.
We’ll be okay. Hamdan has been around and knows what he’s doing. Worst case it’s a lateral move.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it improves after the coaches watch hours of game film from yesterday. This loss was on the coaches imo.

Yeah Im going to agree with you on this!

You go on the road and you have two new coordinators in key spots, ( yeah they've been in the program and the system for a while) doesn't change the fact there calling games for the first time though and any coach will tell you that it's a tough task....

Special teams coach needs to be shit canned! Im serious how in the hell do you come into a season after the kicking game lost you games last year and you still miss FG's!

Yeah Im pissed they missed a golden opportunity, but in all likely hood Miami getting there ass handed to them and the close score on this, Dawgs stay in the top 10.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
espn was sucking JSs cock on sat…putting up 31 points.

the 2nd cumin of an OC jebus he was up at washington.

you heard them?
Yes, I saw/heard their praises of JS. You do get that commentators say sometimes really stupid shit regularly during games right?

Petersen liked JS. Fans did not.

I could break down film for you if you'd like, but we already saw an improvement in pass play selection in this last game. It was infuriating watching the passing game last year. JS refused to scheme for the QB he actually had. Browning has strengths and weaknesses and JS wouldn't scheme for them. It was there even in the wins, but painfully obvious in the losses. Browning needs quick hits against a pass rush.

Hamdan had plays to beat the bliz and rush that I never saw under JS. He also made adjustments that weren't typical under JS and things improved in that second half.

I would have liked to have seen more creativity getting Ahmed and Gaskin the ball in space more than just inside handoffs over and over, but I already like the direction they are going.

There is zero chance anyone is missing JS and you won't find a fan that thinks having him would have won that game. We saw what that offense looked like against tough defenses and they choked in every single one of those match ups. This was the toughest defense they will face all year and it was on opening day when they clearly still were not fully at game speed. The first quarter was terrible for the whole team. Play calling, fundamentals, Jake wasn't settled in, the line wasn't working together, the defense and ST's were both bad. Yet they managed to come back and take a lead against a pretty solid team. That never happened with JS.

You can stop with these any time now because it's pointless. He's yours now and maybe he will get his kids and run things his way and it will work down there. It didn't work up here. You are happy you have him and we are happy he's gone. Let's all move on now.