• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

how many of you didn't want Kaep to start before the season but do know?

Who started the season in Camp Alex but now wants Kaep?

• Now I'm ready for Kaep

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Still want Alex

Votes: 24 77.4%

• Total voters

NinersForLife

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to support whatever the coaching staff decides as they know who gives the team the best chance to win than any fan does.

If they decide to stick with Smith or make a change, I would be OK with either QB.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't get how anyone would want to stick with Alex after the Giants have proven to be able to shut him down. Alex doens't win unless the running game is setting up the passing game anyway (see the Vikings game). At least with Kaep, a passing play can easily become a running play. Defenses would have to adjust to stop him from running, and that would open up the pass. He's just a lot more veratile. With Alex, it's like you know what's coming.

Neither one is going to throw 300 yards a game w/ a bunch of TDs. However, Kaep can keep the defenses guessing. I think the offense would move better with him at QB. Teams would have to key on teh run like every play.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how anyone would want to stick with Alex after the Giants have proven to be able to shut him down. Alex doens't win unless the running game is setting up the passing game anyway (see the Vikings game). At least with Kaep, a passing play can easily become a running play. Defenses would have to adjust to stop him from running, and that would open up the pass. He's just a lot more veratile. With Alex, it's like you know what's coming.

Neither one is going to throw 300 yards a game w/ a bunch of TDs. However, Kaep can keep the defenses guessing. I think the offense would move better with him at QB. Teams would have to key on teh run like every play.

well it could work better, it might not. he still has to throw the ball...

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I'll say the same thing to you, I'm sticking with Alex, not because I'm so impressed with him, but because I trust Harbaugh's expertise over yours in being able to decide, based on practices, training camp, etc., that Alex is the best option right now. What are you seeing that you think Harbaugh and Roman aren't about whether Kap is better right now than Smith?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What are you seeing that you think Harbaugh and Roman aren't about whether Kap is better right now than Smith?

Throw velocity. Alex has none. In fact, he might have the weaakest arm of any starter in the NFL right now. It's never gonna get any better, and it seems like it's getting worse.

I know Harbaugh sees it too, but I don't think he's being realistic about the Niners' chances against a team like the Giants.

The Niners are a run first team anyway, so I think it makes more sense to go w/ a college style QB who can run the ball a lot over a guy (Alex) who's just gonna put up maybe 13 points if the Niners play the Giants again.

I don't think Alex can beat the Giants. Kaep might give 'em something they don't know how to shut down.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll say the same thing to you, I'm sticking with Alex, not because I'm so impressed with him, but because I trust Harbaugh's expertise over yours in being able to decide, based on practices, training camp, etc., that Alex is the best option right now. What are you seeing that you think Harbaugh and Roman aren't about whether Kap is better right now than Smith?

This is such a stupid argument. Anthony Dixon is playing over Brandon Jacobs. Does that mean he's better?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such a stupid argument. Anthony Dixon is playing over Brandon Jacobs. Does that mean he's better?

It's not stupid at all Clyde, I'm just wondering what exactly it is that you are seeing that Harbaugh is missing? Again, I'm not saying that coaches don't make mistakes, but this is supposedly Harbaugh's strength -- the quarterback position -- so what are you seeing in Kap that you think Harbaugh has missed?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw velocity. Alex has none. In fact, he might have the weaakest arm of any starter in the NFL right now. It's never gonna get any better, and it seems like it's getting worse.

I know Harbaugh sees it too, but I don't think he's being realistic about the Niners' chances against a team like the Giants.

The Niners are a run first team anyway, so I think it makes more sense to go w/ a college style QB who can run the ball a lot over a guy (Alex) who's just gonna put up maybe 13 points if the Niners play the Giants again.

I don't think Alex can beat the Giants. Kaep might give 'em something they don't know how to shut down.

Ok, but playing the qb position is more than that right? Harbaugh has said he needs someone with Smith's intelligence to call the game and get them in the right position -- it's not just the ability to throw, if it was Jeff George would be in the Hall of Fame.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not stupid at all Clyde, I'm just wondering what exactly it is that you are seeing that Harbaugh is missing? Again, I'm not saying that coaches don't make mistakes, but this is supposedly Harbaugh's strength -- the quarterback position -- so what are you seeing in Kap that you think Harbaugh has missed?

I just think Harbaugh wants to go with what worked last year. It makes sense. We were a few plays away from making the SB, and we are currently 5-2 and one of the best teams in the NFL. Like I said, it's hard to pull the plug on your starting QB under these circumstances.

But I don't doubt that Harbaugh recognizes Alex's limits and how much he holds this offense back. The leash is much shorter than people think, IMO.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know what you're trying to say, but Alex in his own has led a handful of comebacks himself.... just saying, it's not foreign nor his forte but he has a few come from behind wins....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex was 1-1 last year....

his WRs sucked it in the title gm.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you're trying to say, but Alex in his own has led a handful of comebacks himself.... just saying, it's not foreign nor his forte but he has a few come from behind wins....

He's played in 77 games. I'd hope he has a few comeback wins.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Harbaugh wants to go with what worked last year. It makes sense. We were a few plays away from making the SB, and we are currently 5-2 and one of the best teams in the NFL. Like I said, it's hard to pull the plug on your starting QB under these circumstances.

But I don't doubt that Harbaugh recognizes Alex's limits and how much he holds this offense back. The leash is much shorter than people think, IMO.

and that's the reality of it. True Jizz..... :rain:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's played in 77 games. I'd hope he has a few comeback wins.

lol me too... and i know he does but just saying it's not improbable of Alex to lead a comeback...

Last year vs the Saints and Eagles, the running game wasn't the key factor in coming back....(although Justin's FF sealed it vs Philly)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol me too... and i know he does but just saying it's not improbable of Alex to lead a comeback...

Last year vs the Saints and Eagles, the running game wasn't the key factor in coming back....(although Justin's FF sealed it vs Philly)

Then why are you using a few games to counter Sick's argument that Alex needs a strong supporting cast around him? Is that not true? Can Alex carry this team if the running game isn't there?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are you using a few games to counter Sick's argument that Alex needs a strong supporting cast around him? Is that not true? Can Alex carry this team if the running game isn't there?

Took it as Sick saying Alex can't win the game without the running attack. I'm saying he has a few come from behind wins which the running game did not play a major role.

Alex can have the NFC pro bowlers and still suck it lol.... but I'm not going to say he can't win the games when he has done so in the past.

Can Alex carry the team if the running game isn't there? Can he? yes he can. Has he? More often no he hasn't.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took it as Sick saying Alex can't win the game without the running attack. I'm saying he has a few come from behind wins which the running game did not play a major role.

Alex can have the NFC pro bowlers and still suck it lol.... but I'm not going to say he can't win the games when he has done so in the past.

Can Alex carry the team if the running game isn't there? Can he? yes he can. Has he? More often no he hasn't.

Generally speaking, he CAN'T win games. Has he done it? Sure. But it's been so far and between that you really can't use that to argue against Sick's point.

Does Alex need a running game? Yes or no?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking, he CAN'T win games. Has he done it? Sure. But it's been so far and between that you really can't use that to argue against Sick's point.

Does Alex need a running game? Yes or no?

Sick says Alex can't, its happen before, done it in his first playoff game(a shocker for me personally).

Alex definitely needs a running game. But you could say that to a lot of QBs. When the pass happy offenses start getting sour, they can't turn to a running game. Alex is more dependent on the running game cuz he's not elite.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Took it as Sick saying Alex can't win the game without the running attack.

More specifically, he can't beat the Giants even with the running attack. He can put up enough points against crappy defenses, but the Niners would probably have to hold the Giants to 14 or fewer if they want to beat 'em with Alex. He does nothing against good defenses because he's predictable. And he's predictable because he has the weakest arm in the NFL.

People keep insisting his finger is fine. If that's the case, he's useless in the NFL gainst good defenses. They'll shut him down.