• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did I do?

Rate my squad

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • F

• Potato salad

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, using the "tired disclaimer" card.
I know the point youre making and it is reasonable and solid that maybe Kyren just had a phenominal year in 2023 and his story ends there.

But it isnt out of the question to use a starter. Walter Payton returned kicks. Starting DB Pacman Jones returned kicks. Tyler Lockett was real good at returns. Maybe this is the era for Kyren?
:noidea:
Deon Sanders, Devin Hester.. sure it happens- and much more often for DB's and WR's were there's multiple starters and more depth on the roster.

It's just awfully rare- especially for a guy who is so seemingly prone to being on the trainers table

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitts certainly has that upside, always has, just never been utilized, this the, if he's utilized

I'll never trust a rookie as a fantasy QB, Purdy is all he needs, and like I said, I think it's strong, but know others who would disagree.

That's all
QBs who can run are fantasy gold. The fact that he’s a rookie and is more likely to tuck and run when his first option isn’t there is not a plus for winning but big in fantasy. Justin Fields was a great fantasy performer for awhile for this reason.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the funny thing about fantasy football is that we all have our preferences on players... but the thing about that is that we all could be right but we are more likely going to be wrong...

so when people ask to rank their team, i very rarely use my preferences on players... i look more at roster structure, draft strategy, and upside on the bench...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs who can run are fantasy gold. The fact that he’s a rookie and is more likely to tuck and run when his first option isn’t there is not a plus for winning but big in fantasy. Justin Fields was a great fantasy performer for awhile for this reason.
Well you ain't wrong, and I'm on record, numerous times around here, saying that of all the rookie QB's, he's the one most likely to be a usable fantasy asset this season due to his running.
But also due to his running, combined with his wire frame, he's also the most likely QB to be out of commission early on- especially as a rookie who isn't adapted to just how fast LB's and S's close and how hard they hit at this level

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did a mock where I stay away from QB and TE until later. I grab two RBs in my first 3 picks and I go best WR on the board up through round 7.
1. Tyreke Hill
2. Derrick Henry
3. Josh Jacobs
4. DK Metcalf
5. Devonta Smith
6. Tee Higgins
7. Terry McLaurin
8. Kyle Pitts
9. Ezekiel Elliott
10. Jayden Daniels
11. Brock Purdy
12. Justin Tucker
13. Audric Estime
14. CEH
15. Cincinnati D

this would probably get a B- from me though.... i like the starters... but the bench scares me...

i think one more RB instead of the Higgins or McClaurin pick would have helped this team a lot...

the 2 WR and a flex roster limit is a trap IMO... especially with 15 rounds, every team is going to load up with WRs and RB... but there is just so many WRs.... which means there will be real good ones on everyone's bench...

and Bench WRs are always tempting to start... you are going to have a lot of WSIS woes, and you will pick wrong more than you will pick right... the more choices you give yourself, the worse you will do,

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you ain't wrong, and I'm on record, numerous times around here, saying that of all the rookie QB's, he's the one most likely to be a usable fantasy asset this season due to his running.
But also due to his running, combined with his wire frame, he's also the most likely QB to be out of commission early on- especially as a rookie who isn't adapted to just how fast LB's and S's close and how hard they hit at this level
Don’t take this the wrong way but it seems like despite injury being a concern for tons of players, when you get flummoxed in a discussion you fall back on “injury prone”. You did the same thing with Kyren Williams when all he had was some weird soft tissue stuff any skill guy can develop while never having issues at ND.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t take this the wrong way but it seems like despite injury being a concern for tons of players, when you get flummoxed in a discussion you fall back on “injury prone”. You did the same thing with Kyren Williams when all he had was some weird soft tissue stuff any skill guy can develop while never having issues at ND.

nah.... everyone is injury prone now-a-days... so just like everything else, it is a preference and comfort level... so we all will use the term as a crutch to our comfort level on a player...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope, not flummoxed at all, just stating reality. Kyren William's hasn't finished a season yet without missing time due to injury, missed most of the preaseason due to injury

Running QB's get injured more often than non running QB's do, Lamar Jackson has exactly one season where he made it a full complement of games, just the reality of the NFL world.

A dude 6'4" barely 210, is going to get hurt running around the middle of the field in the NFL, just simple reality.

There's a ton of guys I don't like for fantasy purposes that have zero to do with staying healthy or being 'injury prone'- some of them for no reason other than my eye test- stats don't back me up, reality doesn't back me up, but I just don't like them and I'll readily admit as much. It just so happens that these two dudes are very likely to be hurt, Kyren's history, and Daniels physiology just simply suggest that it's more probable than not.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a ton of guys I don't like for fantasy purposes that have zero to do with staying healthy or being 'injury prone'- some of them for no reason other than my eye test-
I believe this is true of anyone. We all have players we love and players we avoid.

Where it gets skewed is - since fantasy is everywhere - everyone with a laptop has an opinion. And then there are the so-called "insiders" who know coaches in the NFL.

Once their "opinion" gains traction, player rankings go up (or down) and every fantasy novice (who really has no opinion either way) floods the ADP ranking by trusting these insiders.

It can be a slippery slope trying to distinguish the hype from the factual.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Commanders will have one of the worst defenses in the league which will put Daniels in come from behind shoot out mode a lot.

Again, not a recipe for winning football, but I don’t think fantasy owners will complain about all the garbage time points.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this is true of anyone. We all have players we love and players we avoid.

Where it gets skewed is - since fantasy is everywhere - everyone with a laptop has an opinion. And then there are the so-called "insiders" who know coaches in the NFL.

Once their "opinion" gains traction, player rankings go up (or down) and every fantasy novice (who really has no opinion either way) floods the ADP ranking by trusting these insiders.

It can be a slippery slope trying to distinguish the hype from the factual.

i dont know if factual is the right term... but fantasy is just as much to do with hype as it is to do with results... hype or perception is what a players value is based on... reality, really has nothing to do with a players value... at all... even the term upside, we all use it, i know i use it a lot... but what does it really mean??? its basically another created term that is based on hype...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if factual is the right term... but fantasy is just as much to do with hype as it is to do with results... hype or perception is what a players value is based on... reality, really has nothing to do with a players value... at all... even the term upside, we all use it, i know i use it a lot... but what does it really mean??? its basically another created term that is based on hype...
The example i was thinking of had to do with a player that may be ranked 60th. Obviously, anyone ranked 1-24 has the pedigre or circumstances to garner such a ranking. But a guy ranked 60th is generally there for his upside. Follow?

So as the hype for player 60th grows, suddenly his ADP moves up to 55th... then 50th... Next thing you know, someone has a draft and they're so proud of the fact that they snagged player 60th at pick 40.

This is what i'm essentially talking about. They sacrificed a solid value player for an early 4th round pick.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are two different values in fantasy football and for drafting they’re both important.

1. How do you value the player, situation, matchup, etc…
2. How do your opponents in your league value those same things.

Maybe it’s because I’m in draft mode still but I’m very reflective on 2 right now. First year of a league for my draft on Tuesday and I’m gonna be learning about how some of these guys play for the first time this season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The example i was thinking of had to do with a player that may be ranked 60th. Obviously, anyone ranked 1-24 has the pedigre or circumstances to garner such a ranking. But a guy ranked 60th is generally there for his upside. Follow?

So as the hype for player 60th grows, suddenly his ADP moves up to 55th... then 50th... Next thing you know, someone has a draft and they're so proud of the fact that they snagged player 60th at pick 40.

This is what i'm essentially talking about. They sacrificed a solid value player for an early 4th round pick.

no... i dont disagree... i am just saying the terms hyped of upside are of the same cloth, and it is manufactured by perception.... not reality...

a good way to look at what i am talking about is ADP... look at the players who fall lower than their adp and players that get reach on...

answer why... it is all perception and not reality...