• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did I do?

Rate my squad

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • F

• Potato salad

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams offense that utilizes the backs well.
Perhaps. McVay doesnt throw to them as much as one may think. Of all the passes the Rams threw to the RB, TE and WR..., RB get the least amount of targets at 12%.
rather than think McVay is lying, we think he's saying Kyren is not high value
Are you suggesting a coach is exaggerating a role a player may have? Something like, "Player X will see more playing time." Or, "We have to get Player Z more involved." So specific and yet so vague.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave ya a C bags.

I could’ve went lower. As I’m a RB hoarder personally. But you have a plan and I respect that.

And everyone else has chimed in on anything I could’ve said to justify a lower grade anyway.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taken with a pick I had traded in LionsBoard Dynasty draft tonight.

It stung.

Those are the worst, I had to stop doing that, when I'd look at the players I "could've had" if I just kept my picks or the ones I acquired from elsewhere... but on the flip side, a number of those picks I liked at the time didn't pan out but they're still OK talents that are clogging up someone else's roster vs mine

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the worst, I had to stop doing that, when I'd look at the players I "could've had" if I just kept my picks or the ones I acquired from elsewhere... but on the flip side, a number of those picks I liked at the time didn't pan out but they're still OK talents that are clogging up someone else's roster vs mine
I try not to do it. But I do it a lot.

Was impossible to avoid for each of the first five rounds tonight.

Kinda don’t wanna even know who the two firsts ending up being that I traded for Cam Akers. Kind of thing can take the wind out your sails.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure @fightinfunbags is open to other suggestions if you think there’s someone else who might have lasted past 15 rounds to shore up his RBs.
I don’t even know that I have to do anything now. I think I play Zeke or Warren based on matchups and then watch stuff unfold.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps. McVay doesnt throw to them as much as one may think. Of all the passes the Rams threw to the RB, TE and WR..., RB get the least amount of targets at 12%.

Are you suggesting a coach is exaggerating a role a player may have? Something like, "Player X will see more playing time." Or, "We have to get Player Z more involved." So specific and yet so vague.
Well there's lying about some things, and there's coachspeak.

But

Rarely, if ever, have I heard a coach say player X is going to be our punt returner, and then that player not be the punt returner.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna draft my last team on Tuesday night and I’m gonna divert from this philosophy, if for no other reason than to do things differently and craft two very different kind of teams. This draft I select 4th but it’s same rules and still 12 teams.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna draft my last team on Tuesday night and I’m gonna divert from this philosophy, if for no other reason than to do things differently and craft two very different kind of teams. This draft I select 4th but it’s same rules and still 12 teams.

This one is 2 Wr one flex as well.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. A complete lineup is 1QB 2 RBs 2 WRs 1Flex 1TE 1K 1 DST
Just did a mock where I stay away from QB and TE until later. I grab two RBs in my first 3 picks and I go best WR on the board up through round 7.
1. Tyreke Hill
2. Derrick Henry
3. Josh Jacobs
4. DK Metcalf
5. Devonta Smith
6. Tee Higgins
7. Terry McLaurin
8. Kyle Pitts
9. Ezekiel Elliott
10. Jayden Daniels
11. Brock Purdy
12. Justin Tucker
13. Audric Estime
14. CEH
15. Cincinnati D

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure @fightinfunbags is open to other suggestions if you think there’s someone else who might have lasted past 15 rounds to shore up his RBs.
What i meant was that Mason is more likely the RB2 in SF behind CMC, not Guerero.

Gonna use my "tired disclaimer." It was late, i was tired. I know FFB is asking for our opinions, but that late in the draft, they are just dart throws.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did a mock where I stay away from QB and TE until later. I grab two RBs in my first 3 picks and I go best WR on the board up through round 7.
1. Tyreke Hill
2. Derrick Henry
3. Josh Jacobs
4. DK Metcalf
5. Devonta Smith
6. Tee Higgins
7. Terry McLaurin
8. Kyle Pitts
9. Ezekiel Elliott
10. Jayden Daniels
11. Brock Purdy
12. Justin Tucker
13. Audric Estime
14. CEH
15. Cincinnati D
That's a very balanced team. Some might say your QB's are weak..Purdy and a rookie. Purdy outscored Mahommes last year and still has all his weapons. I would agree in saying Daniels is probably weak. Gonna have big weeks, also gonna have 'rookie' weeks.. start Purdy whenever possible.

Outside of that, which personally I think is a non issue, the only thing you really need to hope for is that the new regime in ATL, and Cousins, utilizes Pitts. If everything is goes as is expected, that's a solid team, top to bottom.

Repeat it in a league that matters :)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very balanced team. Some might say your QB's are weak..Purdy and a rookie. Purdy outscored Mahommes last year and still has all his weapons. I would agree in saying Daniels is probably weak. Gonna have big weeks, also gonna have 'rookie' weeks.. start Purdy whenever possible.

Outside of that, which personally I think is a non issue, the only thing you really need to hope for is that the new regime in ATL, and Cousins, utilizes Pitts. If everything is goes as is expected, that's a solid team, top to bottom.

The problem is that I also looked at the team and said Damn! That’s pretty good. Then I went and looked at where guys went in my draft the other night and the only one of those picks that was still available in the other draft was Josh Jacobs. All the other players through round 12 were already off the board compared to this mock.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's lying about some things, and there's coachspeak.

But

Rarely, if ever, have I heard a coach say player X is going to be our punt returner, and then that player not be the punt returner.
Again, using the "tired disclaimer" card.
I know the point youre making and it is reasonable and solid that maybe Kyren just had a phenominal year in 2023 and his story ends there.

But it isnt out of the question to use a starter. Walter Payton returned kicks. Starting DB Pacman Jones returned kicks. Tyler Lockett was real good at returns. Maybe this is the era for Kyren?
:noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oooh.

See, that is why I think this draft is good.

Daniels is not weak. I think he will be awesome.

And Pitts as a later TE has upside to be near the top.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh.

See, that is why I think this draft is good.

Daniels is not weak. I think he will be awesome.

And Pitts as a later TE has upside to be near the top.
Pitts certainly has that upside, always has, just never been utilized, this the, if he's utilized

I'll never trust a rookie as a fantasy QB, Purdy is all he needs, and like I said, I think it's strong, but know others who would disagree.

That's all

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that I also looked at the team and said Damn! That’s pretty good. Then I went and looked at where guys went in my draft the other night and the only one of those picks that was still available in the other draft was Josh Jacobs. All the other players through round 12 were already off the board compared to this mock.

I dont think it is just the players that we like about this draft more... its the balance and roster structure...

again, i will admit that with only starting 2 WR and a flex, you have more leeway... there is a much larger safety net...

but here, you at least seem to have a plan for rb2 and flex...