• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did I do?

Rate my squad

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • F

• Potato salad

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some guys are programmed to keep 2 defenses, 2 TEs, 2QBs, etc… you spend 6 slots pretty quickly that way
in a 12 team or greater league, I'll keep two QB's, more often than not. The 2 TE's is based entirely on who my 1st one is, sometimes I will, most times I wont. Only leagues I carry 2 defenses in ever are the 16 teamers- if for nothing else than to limit my opponents possible options and to make sure I don't get a zero on my #1's bye week (16 teams, there might not be any defense available during bye weeks)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even mind people that don't draft a kicker. Makes sense to me to grab a late round dart throw on a potential RB handcuff or WR who may win a camp battle and be in line for more snaps than initially expected. If it doesn't work out, drop him before week 1 and grab the kicker who is playing Carolina or New England or someone like that.
2 Monday night games. One Sunday night... 6 kickers to pick from after 75% of teams have showed their week 1 hands.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a 12 team or greater league, I'll keep two QB's, more often than not. The 2 TE's is based entirely on who my 1st one is, sometimes I will, most times I wont. Only leagues I carry 2 defenses in ever are the 16 teamers- if for nothing else than to limit my opponents possible options and to make sure I don't get a zero on my #1's bye week (16 teams, there might not be any defense available during bye weeks)
12 is the biggest league I will play in.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i originally voted C. But had to downgrade... just kept on looking and was like, i was too kind to give a C... so i had to give a D...

the only pick i think you were fine with was your first round pick...

I think Kyren in the second round is a weak pick, dont care whether his ADP is in the 2nd round or not, i am not a fan of taking a player based on a come from nowhere season, and think he can improve on that.... Rams had everything go right last year...

i also think taking Laporta in the third round doesnt fit your team when the first two picks were a little riksy..

Mahomes at 4... is another pick i just dont like for you... you are not building your team smart IMO(not to be too harsh)

with picking non WR at 3 and 4, now you are playing behind at the positions that everyone is copeting so heavily at... and it shows with Cooper, Flowers and Reed being your next 3 picks..... all are fine... but together as your WR2, WR3, and flex.. it just seems very low reward to me...

warren and then Spears back to back, i think you could have done better here at least for the begnning of the season... if this was ford or Hubbard, i would feel much more comfortable with your strategy of streaming RB 2...

I like the Hopkins, Zeke and shakir late round trio, but more WR depth is just not what you need...

Wicks is a nice last round pick, good potential... but bad team to have that potential in... what is he right now the WR4?? that means 2 injuries are needed for him just to be a WR2...

now, the thing about fantasy football is that you can always get lucky and find someone in the waivers that will save your team... but TODAY, RIGHT NOW... i have to say this is one of the worst drafts i have seen....

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i originally voted C. But had to downgrade... just kept on looking and was like, i was too kind to give a C... so i had to give a D...

the only pick i think you were fine with was your first round pick...

I think Kyren in the second round is a weak pick, dont care whether his ADP is in the 2nd round or not, i am not a fan of taking a player based on a come from nowhere season, and think he can improve on that.... Rams had everything go right last year...

i also think taking Laporta in the third round doesnt fit your team when the first two picks were a little riksy..

Mahomes at 4... is another pick i just dont like for you... you are not building your team smart IMO(not to be too harsh)

with picking non WR at 3 and 4, now you are playing behind at the positions that everyone is copeting so heavily at... and it shows with Cooper, Flowers and Reed being your next 3 picks..... all are fine... but together as your WR2, WR3, and flex.. it just seems very low reward to me...

warren and then Spears back to back, i think you could have done better here at least for the begnning of the season... if this was ford or Hubbard, i would feel much more comfortable with your strategy of streaming RB 2...

I like the Hopkins, Zeke and shakir late round trio, but more WR depth is just not what you need...

Wicks is a nice last round pick, good potential... but bad team to have that potential in... what is he right now the WR4?? that means 2 injuries are needed for him just to be a WR2...

now, the thing about fantasy football is that you can always get lucky and find someone in the waivers that will save your team... but TODAY, RIGHT NOW... i have to say this is one of the worst drafts i have seen....
I don’t like Ford or Hubbard at all. I like Warren Spiers and Elliott over both of them.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i had 8 the other night and got taylor but not a fan of the back end
Taylor is too feast or famine for me. He has a lengthy injury history for a young guy. I wanted to get steady points at 9 with Jefferson.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like Ford or Hubbard at all. I like Warren Spiers and Elliott over both of them.

that wasnt my point.... my point is if you want to be streaming, you need to give yourself time to find that waiver wire stud... you aint finding him right away... if you find him at all... having Ford or Hubbard would be great for early season, as they will be playing much heavier minutes...

Zeke, we have no clue what his playtime will be, Warren and spiers are currently RB 2s on their team, hoping for a bigger committee...

right now your RB 2 is probably zeke... that should scare the bejesus at of you...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that wasnt my point.... my point is if you want to be streaming, you need to give yourself time to find that waiver wire stud... you aint finding him right away... if you find him at all... having Ford or Hubbard would be great for early season, as they will be playing much heavier minutes...
I disagree. I don’t place much value on those guys at all.
Zeke, we have no clue what his playtime will be, Warren and spiers are currently RB 2s on their team, hoping for a bigger committee...
We know that Zeke is a high floor guy. Hes the best pass catcher in that group. Hes also their red zone choice. Warren plays on a team that ran the ball last year well and add Arthur Smith who had the 2nd best rush offense in the league. Couldn’t disagree more with your assessment with all due respect.
right now your RB 2 is probably zeke... that should scare the bejesus at of you...
It really doesn’t because I’m better than league average at WR1, QB1, and TE1.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I don’t place much value on those guys at all.

We know that Zeke is a high floor guy. Hes the best pass catcher in that group. Hes also their red zone choice. Warren plays on a team that ran the ball last year well and add Arthur Smith who had the 2nd best rush offense in the league. Couldn’t disagree more with your assessment with all due respect.

It really doesn’t because I’m better than league average at WR1, QB1, and TE1.

But you paid so heavily for the qb1 and te 1 that the rest of your team suffered. Your rb1 on paper is fine, but happens to be one of my busts.
But your wr2, wr3 flex and rb2 are so below average that it is irrelevant how good you think your wr1, te1 and qb1 are.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you paid so heavily for the qb1 and te 1 that the rest of your team suffered.
Has it? I really don’t think it has. Rounds 3-6 in my league are a dead zone for RBs and WRs. I passed on Waddle Kupp DJ Moore Rachaad White James Cook Devonta Smith DK Michael Pittman for LaPorta and Mahomes. I don’t think any of those WRs will produce more than Cooper. When Cooper had a guy with a pulse at QB last year he performed like a top 10 fantasy scoring WR.
Your rb1 on paper is fine, but happens to be one of my busts.
With all due respect, as this conversation continues I feel somewhat relieved that I don’t see eye to eye with you.
But your wr2, wr3 flex and rb2 are so below average that it is irrelevant how good you think your wr1, te1 and qb1 are.
I don’t think my WR2 or my flex is below average. I don’t have a WR3 in my league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has it? I really don’t think it has. Rounds 3-6 in my league are a dead zone for RBs and WRs. I passed on Waddle Kupp DJ Moore Rachaad White James Cook Devonta Smith DK Michael Pittman for LaPorta and Mahomes. I don’t think any of those WRs will produce more than Cooper. When Cooper had a guy with a pulse at QB last year he performed like a top 10 fantasy scoring WR.

With all due respect, as this conversation continues I feel somewhat relieved that I don’t see eye to eye with you.

I don’t think my WR2 or my flex is below average. I don’t have a WR3 in my league.

I should have asked league starting positions as my first question before even ranking your team. If you posted that already I should have read and saw that.

Only starting 2 Wr and a flex makes me like your team much more. Especially with the price you paid for TE1 and qb 1. I’d actually now move you now to a C+ instead of a D. Which is a huge increase.

I still don’t like kyren which will of course make me not love your team. And you still don’t have a rb2. But streaming one is easier to swallow when it is your only big hole.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you did fine.

You have an obvious weakness, but you know what that weakness is and can spend your waiver resources on shoring that up.

If you are able to hit on a free agent stud you might end up with a championship team.

Every team is going to have a weakness or 2 after the draft.

Me personally? I don’t care where that weakness is on my teams. I always try to draft the best player I can in every round. Let the chips fall where they may.

I drafted teams like this that had relatively poor RBs before. Some have done very well, others haven’t.

But I think the one truth I have experienced is that all my best teams have come when I have hit good values throughout the draft. My worst teams seem to come from times where I have prioritized positional scarcity too much over just getting the best player.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should have asked league starting positions as my first question before even ranking your team. If you posted that already I should have read and saw that.

Only starting 2 Wr and a flex makes me like your team much more. Especially with the price you paid for TE1 and qb 1. I’d actually now move you now to a C+ instead of a D. Which is a huge increase.

I still don’t like kyren which will of course make me not love your team. And you still don’t have a rb2. But streaming one is easier to swallow when it is your only big hole.
And that’s what makes the world go round. I needed to get RB when I picked at 16. I saw Taylor (11) Barkley (12) Henry (14) and Gibbs (15) go off the board right before I picked Kyren at 16. I took him over Achane (18) Etienne (20) Pacheco (21) Kenneth Walker III (23).

I like Kyren over these guys. Maybe it was my Notre Dame bias haha. But I did pass on Estime and Michael Mayer haha

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you did fine.

You have an obvious weakness, but you know what that weakness is and can spend your waiver resources on shoring that up.

If you are able to hit on a free agent stud you might end up with a championship team.

Every team is going to have a weakness or 2 after the draft.

Me personally? I don’t care where that weakness is on my teams. I always try to draft the best player I can in every round. Let the chips fall where they may.

I drafted teams like this that had relatively poor RBs before. Some have done very well, others haven’t.

But I think the one truth I have experienced is that all my best teams have come when I have hit good values throughout the draft. My worst teams seem to come from times where I have prioritized positional scarcity too much over just getting the best player.
I really need my second year WRs to step up and be solid guys for this to work out. It would also be nice if over time I get a little luck with the Steelers Titans and Cowboys RB positions while I hold out on my waiver wire choice.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one just hit my funny bone, just right...lol
Ha I told ya I can be an asshole. Milk spiller and I generally get along pretty well.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for shits n giggles-
had you done something like this-
1. Justin Jefferson WR
2. Kyren Williams RB DJ Moore or DK Metcalf or 'other WR'
3. Sam LaPorta TE
4. Pat Mahomes QB
5. Amari Cooper WR
6. Zay Flowers WR best RB available
7. Jayden Reed WR best RB available
8. Jaylen Warren RB
9. Tyjae Spears RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Jake Moody K
12. Ezekiel Elliott RB
13. Khalil Shakir WR
14. Cin Def (I play matchups each week they have New England week 1)
15. Dontayvion Wicks WR

I think your team would be looked at much differently, in a more favorable light had you fully committed to a 'zero RB' strategy

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for shits n giggles-
had you done something like this-
1. Justin Jefferson WR
2. Kyren Williams RB DJ Moore or DK Metcalf or 'other WR'
3. Sam LaPorta TE
4. Pat Mahomes QB
5. Amari Cooper WR
6. Zay Flowers WR best RB available
7. Jayden Reed WR best RB available
8. Jaylen Warren RB
9. Tyjae Spears RB
10. DeAndre Hopkins WR
11. Jake Moody K
12. Ezekiel Elliott RB
13. Khalil Shakir WR
14. Cin Def (I play matchups each week they have New England week 1)
15. Dontayvion Wicks WR

I think your team would be looked at much differently, in a more favorable light had you fully committed to a 'zero RB' strategy
Interesting.

That would have been Connor (65) Mostert (66) Z White (70) Swift (73) Javonte Williams (75) Pollard (77) drafted after Flowers

And Brian Robinson Jr (85) and Devin Singletary (87) on the board when I take Reed. I drafted Warren at 88 over Zack Moss and Chase Brown.