• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did I do?

Rate my squad

• A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B

• C

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • D

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • F

• Potato salad

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of this assessment. I have said on a few of these rate my team questions that I really like RB depth and judge hard against a team that lacks that. I disagree with your strategy that you can find a starting RB on the ww easily enough to bank on doing that. In my main league, I am starting off with Achane, Mixon, A. Jones, Ford, and Brooks and I don't think I have enough depth. I think if there is a position these days that you can find a starter off the wire every week, it would be QB (in non superflex leagues).

I do disagree with Treff on streaming defenses and kickers, though. I think that strategy is perfectly fine.
hahha, just to be clear, I have no problems streaming kickers, just have one on the roster at all times , if you use them as a starting slot, is all that I ask.

But yea, can't get behind the streaming D's ;)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to the team itself, here's my thoughts-
First off, the RB's are bad, period. Even your best one is most likely to be an injury question mark all year long. he hasn't finished a season yet, and his preseason this year is already a huge question mark. Add in the presummed role change of returning punts, and the addition of a mid round rookie to share time with, stock is down on Kyren. The others are all part timers, you'll avoid zeros with them, but otherwise you're really hoping for miracles any given week. My lone exception would be Spears, who is in a time split, but I think he'l be a decent option any given week.

QB- you invested heavily to score the top QB in the game, unfortunately, he's not the best fantasy QB, not without a WR corp or at least a legit stud X receiver. he still produces very well, but he's not the automatic advantage he used to be

WR - on a roster with the RB's as weak as they are, I would've expected stronger WR's. Jefferson is a stud- regardless of Darnold. Not all that concerned that instead of a top 2-3 WR now he's 'only' a top 5-7 WR, big deal. Cooper is solid as a #2, but after that, very suspect at best. Need positive answers to multiple question marks for a decent #3 to emerge

TE is about as good as you could hope for- but it cost you elsewhere to get him.

Assuming you don't have a kicker position - blasphemy in my book, but whatever.

And straight said your streaming D's- so automatic one letter downgrade form me for that tactic ;)

I'd sway you've got some serious managing to do throughout the year, but if you are constantly tweaking things, quick on the trigger and have instincts that you feel good about trusting in those decisions, you can certainly compete.

I give it a C-

BTW- if you do use a kicker spot, and you exited the draft without a kicker..I change my grade to an F
You missed me taking Jake Moody K from Niners.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season the following top 24 backs were available in this league through waivers:
Kyren Williams
Rachad White
Alvin Kamara
J Ford
Gus Edwards
Brian Robinson Jr.

That’s 25% of the top 24 guys.

I am playing a philosophy in grabbing 2nd year WRs. I rate Zay Flowers, Jayden Reed, and Dontayvius Wicks higher than most. I need one of these guys to lock down my flex spot.
with the exception of Ford, cuz he was only relevant because Chubb went down, same with GUs and Dobbins..Kyren was the only guy that was maybe maybe not drafted in most of my leagues--and most of mine also had Gus drafted too, but i know I run with a different crowd.

But a league that has owners who drop Kamara, White, Brob? I just can't fathom that. Wish my league mates would do that

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's a huge IF, that's all I'm saying on him
The reason I’m not bullish on using draft capital early on backs is because I think every body is a huge IF at RB. That’s part of what informs my draft philosophy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the exception of Ford, cuz he was only relevant because Chubb went down, same with GUs and Dobbins..Kyren was the only guy that was maybe maybe not drafted in most of my leagues--and most of mine also had Gus drafted too, but i know I run with a different crowd.

But a league that has owners who drop Kamara, White, Brob? I just can't fathom that. Wish my league mates would do that
Kamara was drafted late because of his suspension and then when a guy was in a bind he had to drop him because our league only has one IR roster spot.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I’m not bullish on using draft capital early on backs is because I think every body is a huge IF at RB. That’s part of what informs my draft philosophy.
in that regard every player is a risk. But pinning hopes to Kyren is basically like building a team of super villains, picking Elijah Price and saying, as long as he stays healthy, we're good.

It's a physical sport, everyone has an injury risk, its' just the some have proven themselves to have a higher probability of succumbing to injuries than others..and he's one of them

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got too much time on my hands this morning, sorry
Don’t ever apologize! I still have one more draft on Tuesday night. I am seeking YOUR opinion and the opinions of others. I don’t get better just talking to people who agree with me.
Little bit about me- don't' take this the wrong way, as I'm filling my boredom with my favorite past time, not just getting on here to stir a pot or get a reaction, just engaging in conversations that I love having. Sometimes I come off harsh- I'm working on it :)
Haha, I suffer from the same disease. I call it “I’m just always right.” Others call it - “You’re an asshole.” Guys on this board will confirm…I’m an asshole haha
with your roster as constructed, there are three players that I'd be willing to trade a decent starting RB for - Jefferson, Laporta, and Mahommes.
Even if a couple of those young WR's 'sprout' I'm not risking a position as scarce as a starting RB on one of them.

Just sayin'
You aren’t likely the guy I would make a trade with. I’ll likely stash a QB on waivers soon after I see a few weeks of play. I find a dope to fleece in a trade every year. Last year I pried away Gibbs from somebody in week 6 because he was frustrated that Montgomery was out touching him early in the season.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in that regard every player is a risk. But pinning hopes to Kyren is basically like building a team of super villains, picking Elijah Price and saying, as long as he stays healthy, we're good.

It's a physical sport, everyone has an injury risk, its' just the some have proven themselves to have a higher probability of succumbing to injuries than others..and he's one of them
RBs especially get injured and go down.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a fun exchange.

It’s also a draft philosophy that I will do my best to report back on this season so that we can evaluate its value.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 438.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahha, just to be clear, I have no problems streaming kickers, just have one on the roster at all times , if you use them as a starting slot, is all that I ask.

But yea, can't get behind the streaming D's ;)
I don't even mind people that don't draft a kicker. Makes sense to me to grab a late round dart throw on a potential RB handcuff or WR who may win a camp battle and be in line for more snaps than initially expected. If it doesn't work out, drop him before week 1 and grab the kicker who is playing Carolina or New England or someone like that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t ever apologize! I still have one more draft on Tuesday night. I am seeking YOUR opinion and the opinions of others. I don’t get better just talking to people who agree with me.
oh I know, it's just that as far as this particular board goes, you're on the 'newer' side, don't know me that well, and I know I can rub people wrong who do know me, so I just wanted to make it clear that this is just fun for me, even in spirited debates, I'm jsut enjoying life talking about a passionate hobby, no ill will whatsoever to anyone. :)
You aren’t likely the guy I would make a trade with. I’ll likely stash a QB on waivers soon after I see a few weeks of play. I find a dope to fleece in a trade every year. Last year I pried away Gibbs from somebody in week 6 because he was frustrated that Montgomery was out touching him early in the season.
But I would be the guy with all the RB's :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even mind people that don't draft a kicker. Makes sense to me to grab a late round dart throw on a potential RB handcuff or WR who may win a camp battle and be in line for more snaps than initially expected. If it doesn't work out, drop him before week 1 and grab the kicker who is playing Carolina or New England or someone like that.
Embarrassed Shame GIF

posts brian GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season the following top 24 backs were available in this league through waivers:
Kyren Williams
Rachad White
Alvin Kamara
J Ford
Gus Edwards
Brian Robinson Jr.

That’s 25% of the top 24 guys.

I am playing a philosophy in grabbing 2nd year WRs. I rate Zay Flowers, Jayden Reed, and Dontayvius Wicks higher than most. I need one of these guys to lock down my flex spot.
That is crazy honestly but maybe a little less crazy with only 6 bench spots. Assuming the layout is QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, FLEX, TE

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been in a competitive league where a team owner drops a starting RB because he's on a bye - thus I didn't consider that being a possibility.

No…

But there are always starters who emerge that nobody had on their radar before. Or at least not enough to roster them.

Injuries and performance surprises drastically change the RB landscape every year.

I think it is a strategy that can work, but in order to do it, you need to be very strong everywhere else. Enough so to survive if you never get that RB off waivers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No…

But there are always starters who emerge that nobody had on their radar before. Or at least not enough to roster them.

Injuries and performance surprises drastically change the RB landscape every year.

I think it is a strategy that can work, but in order to do it, you need to be very strong everywhere else. Enough so to survive if you never get that RB off waivers.
yep, I went back to 2020 and listed all those names, it's about 1-3 a year for the past 4. I would imagine going further is going to give similar results.

However, playing in leagues with guys like you and the others on here-half the time those names are rostered also! :)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the typical league, you go to any random fantasy news/tips/info site, and they usually publish some version of a weekly waiver pickup list, right? Well in the leagues I'm in, the leagues most of us in this forum are in, more often than not, all those names were picked up weeks ago or in the draft - ya cutthroat sonsabitches

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is crazy honestly but maybe a little less crazy with only 6 bench spots. Assuming the layout is QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, FLEX, TE
And some guys are programmed to keep 2 defenses, 2 TEs, 2QBs, etc… you spend 6 slots pretty quickly that way