• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i missed alot.

but a few things.

maybe wentz would actually win games if he targeted someone besides ertz. you know thye have some good wr's and another high draft pick TE.

last year looks like an anomaly. Wentz reminds me of a young stafford, slinging it, yards, yards, yards, good TD numbers, just isnt winning

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i missed alot.

but a few things.

maybe wentz would actually win games if he targeted someone besides ertz. you know thye have some good wr's and another high draft pick TE.

last year looks like an anomaly. Wentz reminds me of a young stafford, slinging it, yards, yards, yards, good TD numbers, just isnt winning

Last year was the product of a great team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta score more than 20 points, at home, coming off a bye.

:gaah:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give him credit he was damn good. But he didn’t get it done again in the 4th tonigh, AGAIN

I still don't think Wentz is mentally right from that injury. Yes he has good numbers but his decision making is way off from last season.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think Wentz is mentally right from that injury. Yes he has good numbers but his decision making is way off from last season.

I’ve been saying the same thing this whole time.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i missed alot.

but a few things.

This is how I'm starting to see him as well...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta score more than 20 points, at home, coming off a bye.

:gaah:

The offense has been uninspiring all season. I’m starting to feel stupid for thinking that would change.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has been uninspiring all season. I’m starting to feel stupid for thinking that would change.

They start slow. They don’t finish drives. They can’t convert on third downs. It’s been like that all season.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoring is way up and the eagle have cleared 24 points one time

Yup. Watching Wentz last night it just seemed like some throws were just a bit late. He had some open receivers but when he threw to them the defenders were able to close and make plays. He’s not anticipating where the receiver will be and throwing to that spot. His reads are way too slow.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They start slow. They don’t finish drives. They can’t convert on third downs. It’s been like that all season.
Amazing what a difference 1 season makes... And yet all these newcomers to the playoff experience still hold incredibly high expectations, demanding dynasties and sech... Doesn't matter if the nucleus remains intact and a MVP-hopeful QB returns. Adversity strikes all the time in different shapes & forms. Dynasties are made by those that are equipped to withstand & adjust to those demands.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing what a difference 1 season makes... And yet all these newcomers to the playoff experience still hold incredibly high expectations, demanding dynasties and sech... Doesn't matter if the nucleus remains intact and a MVP-hopeful QB returns. Adversity strikes all the time in different shapes & forms. Dynasties are made by those that are equipped to withstand & adjust to those demands.

Great point!! The eagles had a great run last season. They really played above their capabilities. When all that comes together you have a real shot a winning. However, it’s fleeting. Especially in the NFL which strives to prevent dynasties.

They were not equipped to handle the success and the adversities that come with that success. The loss of the OC and QB coach can’t be understated. Also, letting Blount walk was a colossal blunder. Pats made the same mistake a year earlier.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is below .500. They are struggling to score points. If I’m Nick Foles I’m sitting there saying “what does a guy have to do to get a shot here?”

That organization and most of its fans have their heads so far up their asses about Wentz the superstar that they don’t see what they have.

They will never go to Foles now. Never! Why? Because if they do and the team starts winning... then what?!? They know they are fucked at that point. It’s the same reason they rushed Wentz back. They were afraid that Foles would win and then they couldn’t bench him.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Eagles brought Wentz back too early

I’ve got a good friend who was an all American TE at Michigan. He played 2 years with Brady. When he showed up for the senior bowl the other TE on his team was LJ Smith. LJ showed up and told the coaches that he had a tender knee so he didn’t want to play much. That meant my buddy got ALL the practice reps.

He goes out and bc he had all the reps he has a monster game! Before the draft he was projected to go in the mid rounds. After the game he was the second TE taken in the draft which was early in the second round.

He shows up at camp and blows out his acl. Out for the year. Rehabs for a year and blows out the other acl the following training camp. He gets cut, makes a few practice squads and ends his career in Seattle the year Seattle was signing guys off the street to play. I think he won some type of special teams/fan appreciation award while there.

My point is he always felt like the team was pushing him back. He would complain about the pain but all they did was give him pain meds (which he got hooked on). He always points out the me the “coldness” of the business.

Look, the eagles are banking a lot on Wentz. They want him to be the face of the franchise for the next decade. The last thing they wanted was a QB controversy with Foles. As soon as Foles lost one game they seized the opportunity to yank him and insert Wentz. There was no way he was fully healed and getting hit again has to be messing with his head.

Too bad. He seems like a genuinely nice kid.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw Twenty One Pilots in Tampa weekend before last. was a really awesome concert.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got a good friend who was an all American TE at Michigan. He played 2 years with Brady. When he showed up for the senior bowl the other TE on his team was LJ Smith. LJ showed up and told the coaches that he had a tender knee so he didn’t want to play much. That meant my buddy got ALL the practice reps.

He goes out and bc he had all the reps he has a monster game! Before the draft he was projected to go in the mid rounds. After the game he was the second TE taken in the draft which was early in the second round.

He shows up at camp and blows out his acl. Out for the year. Rehabs for a year and blows out the other acl the following training camp. He gets cut, makes a few practice squads and ends his career in Seattle the year Seattle was signing guys off the street to play. I think he won some type of special teams/fan appreciation award while there.

My point is he always felt like the team was pushing him back. He would complain about the pain but all they did was give him pain meds (which he got hooked on). He always points out the me the “coldness” of the business.

Look, the eagles are banking a lot on Wentz. They want him to be the face of the franchise for the next decade. The last thing they wanted was a QB controversy with Foles. As soon as Foles lost one game they seized the opportunity to yank him and insert Wentz. There was no way he was fully healed and getting hit again has to be messing with his head.

Too bad. He seems like a genuinely nice kid.

Man, good story and tough to read re-guarding your friend. Sucks he got hurt before his career could take off but at least he has stories of playing with a future HoFer. He's 100% right, the NFL is a cold business and if you're not up too par your're gone. Hopefully he got unhooked from the pain meds and is enjoying life.

If the Eagles FO had any thought of a QB controversy looming then that's their fault for thinking that and even more moronic to bring Wentz back early to make sure it wouldn't be brought up. He was scheduled to be back full health by beginning of November so even if Foles was 6-2, Wentz was going to regain is starting gig but the Eagles have mismanaged this situation to go along with other screw ups that should have been addressed and boom 4-5 record and probably missing out on the playoffs.