• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone remind me which thread it was that we ALL told the regular crop of Eagles delusional fans that D Jax would never pan out in again???
Is there a worse GM in the NFL than Howie???

DESEAN JACKSON WR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Eagles released DeSean Jackson.

He confirmed as much in a recent Instagram post. The move won't be official until the new league year begins on March 17, in which the organization will then take on $5.8 million in dead money while saving $4.857 million against the cap. Jackson's return to the team was forgettable as he tallied just 23 catches for 395 yards and three touchdowns across eight games the past two seasons. Plagued with injuries ahead of his age-34 season, Jackson should still garner interest on the market as a rotational deep threat.
Dude, that argument persisted, and the argument is stil made that djax was dominant and owned the division.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, that argument persisted, and the argument is stil made that djax was dominant and owned the division.
He did own that first half of the game against the football team, then never played again

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s fair to say that with this debacle involving Wentz that it’s pretty obvious that the Eagles as an organization and a fan base just couldn’t handle success. Look, as a Red Sox fan i understand what a “long suffering fan” is and given that the Eagles had never won a super bowl... I get it. However, as soon as they did they went off the rails. You had Doug Pederson winning one SB and writing a book. Wtf is that? You had management building statutes (plural) in front of the stadium.

Then you had the QB situation. Foles was CLEARLY the guy for that team but nope... it had to be Wentz. And even when the football gods TRIED to show the Eagles organization and it’s fans the errors of their ways the following year they ignored it and let Foles go to another team. The Patriots had just signed Bledsoe to a 100M dollar contract but they shipped him off to a DIVISIONAL opponent to make room for Brady. Why? Because it was obvious. They didn’t dig their heels in like the eagles organization and fans did. They admitted they made a mistake giving him that big contract but moved on from him. Conversely, the eagles organization let Foles go and the fans...the Wentz’s fanboys embarked on an EPIC failure by calling him such things as “phenomenal“ and ”a generational talent”. Laughable.

They simply couldnt handle the success of winning a super bowl. Here they are... just a few years later and all those guys are gone and the Eagles own the record for the largest dead money cap hit in league history. They are the laughing stock of the league.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comments are priceless...
:pound:

Wasn’t it PE1 bragging about the food in Philly?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s fair to say that with this debacle involving Wentz that it’s pretty obvious that the Eagles as an organization and a fan base just couldn’t handle success. Look, as a Red Sox fan i understand what a “long suffering fan” is and given that the Eagles had never won a super bowl... I get it. However, as soon as they did they went off the rails. You had Doug Pederson winning one SB and writing a book. Wtf is that? You had management building statutes (plural) in front of the stadium.

Then you had the QB situation. Foles was CLEARLY the guy for that team but nope... it had to be Wentz. And even when the football gods TRIED to show the Eagles organization and it’s fans the errors of their ways the following year they ignored it and let Foles go to another team. The Patriots had just signed Bledsoe to a 100M dollar contract but they shipped him off to a DIVISIONAL opponent to make room for Brady. Why? Because it was obvious. They didn’t dig their heels in like the eagles organization and fans did. They admitted they made a mistake giving him that big contract but moved on from him. Conversely, the eagles organization let Foles go and the fans...the Wentz’s fanboys embarked on an EPIC failure by calling him such things as “phenomenal“ and ”a generational talent”. Laughable.

They simply couldnt handle the success of winning a super bowl. Here they are... just a few years later and all those guys are gone and the Eagles own the record for the largest dead money cap hit in league history. They are the laughing stock of the league.
200.gif

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did own that first half of the game against the football team, then never played again
It was a half worthy of the HOF. We will all be telling our grandkids about it

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's funny. Honestly, most of those cheesesteaks Philly brags about don't look very good. I make my own variation that looks a far cry better and probably tastes a lot better too. The "strapper" comment was hilarious. Only in Philly would they invent another name for jerk-off.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny. Honestly, most of those cheesesteaks Philly brags about don't look very good. I make my own variation that looks a far cry better and probably tastes a lot better too. The "strapper" comment was hilarious. Only in Philly would they invent another name for jerk-off.

haha

well said... all around.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that really cheese whiz that they use as an option on their "famous" cheesesteaks? That's just trash. Get the provolone or mozzarella. How in the world can anyone think putting cheap, nasty ass cheese whiz on something makes it anything other than a cheap, nasty ass piece of crap...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3