• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trying to get PE1 to like you again?

I'll say they were good but not that good, they over achieved all season.
If you looked at their advanced metrics at the halfway pooint of the season. They were so much better than their record. No joke i saw them as superbowl picks then. In communities using those metrics of course. Again, they were so good they beat the pats with a backup when the qb was having an mvp season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shouldnt have said better than their record, that they were dominant, and getting better.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who hates the Eagles more, NFC East fans, or the Eagles own players...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course another example of Howie being the worst cap manager in history is that Ertz when traded will have $7.8M in dead money even though this is the last year of his contract!!!

1615830126636.png

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That SB team had all the ingredients for a championship team. Nice blend of veterans and talent at the skill positions. They were never the dynasty the eagles thought they would be. Bc of the veterans on that team it had a short window.

what’s OBVIOUS is Wentz was NOT the driving force for that teams success. He may have been it’s greatest beneficiary of it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That SB team had all the ingredients for a championship team. Nice blend of veterans and talent at the skill positions. They were never the dynasty the eagles thought they would be. Bc of the veterans on that team it had a short window.

what’s OBVIOUS is Wentz was NOT the driving force for that teams success. He may have been it’s greatest beneficiary of it
I thought that was obvious when he watched the playoff run and SB from the sidelines and then for sure the next year when they sucked until he got hurt and then again rose to greater heights

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trying to get PE1 to like you again?

I'll say they were good but not that good, they over achieved all season.

If you looked at their advanced metrics at the halfway pooint of the season. They were so much better than their record. No joke i saw them as superbowl picks then. In communities using those metrics of course. Again, they were so good they beat the pats with a backup when the qb was having an mvp season.
Honestly. Wentz' injury is what might have gotten the eagles to the superbowl.
1st couple games Foles didnt light the world on fire on the way to the playoffs.
By the time the playoffs hit the OC (Or reich) changed the offense for Foles. While the playoff teams were preparing for the more dominate Eagles earlier in the season. Didnt seem to have an answer for Foles Offense. Playoff teams learn through the season to prepare for the other playoff teams. Only the Eagles Offense was now a different offense.

So in a weird way. Wentz might have been the reason they won a superbowl. He doesnt get hurt. I doubt they make it. 1616124641410.png

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly. Wentz' injury is what might have gotten the eagles to the superbowl.
1st couple games Foles didnt light the world on fire on the way to the playoffs.
By the time the playoffs hit the OC (Or reich) changed the offense for Foles. While the playoff teams were preparing for the more dominate Eagles earlier in the season. Didnt seem to have an answer for Foles Offense. Playoff teams learn through the season to prepare for the other playoff teams. Only the Eagles Offense was now a different offense.

So in a weird way. Wentz might have been the reason they won a superbowl. He doesnt get hurt. I doubt they make it. View attachment 267228
i can buy that. Its hard to get to the superbowl Im just saying they, were good......a really darn good team

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can buy that. Its hard to get to the superbowl Im just saying they, were good......a really darn good team
I see both of your points. I agree the eagles had layers of good so "an" injury doesnt change the dynamic. they were deep with good coaching. Which already defeats the Wentz was great moment. That your buddy you made commit board suicide use to try & claim. (to soon?)
I also agree there were much better teams in those playoffs & they did overachieve. Good coaching will do that. (with depth) & in this case a late change in offense.

Cowboys were a superbowl caliber team (#1 Defense) & had zero pro bowlers, one year, in the Jimmy Johnson era. Nowadays with Social media that might never happen again. (Pro bowls are meaningless now) but as Cowboy fans we should see the advantages to depth.

Dont worry SP I got this.
Shame on you manster for not seeing that! :becky:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say that they as a team overachieved. Many of their players had carreer years that season. Yes they were good, but I'll argue against really darn good all day.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a little bitch... Of course he was demanding a trade.

Q: You know the narrative in Philly is ‘Well, he doesn’t want to compete with Jalen Hurts. The team is trying to rebuild and he wants out.’ What is the situation there? Why did you want out so badly?

WENTZ: Yeah, I mean, for starters, there were a lot of conversations that happened at the end of the year that — with my agent, with everybody, that I’m not going to delve into, dive into the specifics on that. As far as being a competitor, I’ve never once questioned my competitiveness. But at the end of the day, this was outside of my control. And I am appreciative of everything that happened in Philly, all of the opportunities. I know where I’m at today … for five years, I gave everything I had. Both on and off the field. And Like I said earlier, when I lay my head on that pillow at night, I know I gave everything I had. It didn’t go how we all desired and wanted it to go but I can sleep well at night knowing I poured my heart and soul and everything I had into that city, on and off the field. And we’re excited for a new start and a new opportunity.

Q: Are you saying you didn’t want to be traded?

WENTZ: I’m not saying one way or another. There was a lot of conversations. A lot of things that kind of shook out. As it played out, this is what went down, and I’m excited about it. I’ll tell you that much.