• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I don’t put words in people’s mouth. I leave that job to you, Handi and DblDown. Your above statement is so far from the truth it’s laughable.
Yeah ok GNG jr. we believe you:rolleyes2:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if they're still offering this or not. Back in the late 80s early 90s commands were offering this as a re-enlistment incentive. This is around the same time there was a push for a more educated force. It was a command decision so it wasn't offered to everyone if I recall correctly? Basically a SM would re-enlist and instead of going to their normal work day they would go to school for up to six months.

In those days I was securing nukes, they weren't letting us off for school.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how you guys make shit up then mock me for it. So ridiculous that you can’t have a decent conversation around here because of you, Handi and NWPats. Where the fuck did I say all these other guys are going to have big years? I never said that but tomorrow you’ll post something mocking me with “I never said that”. Why do you 3 constantly put words in my mouth.

You said Jackson will lesser numbers because they will have to spread the ball around on offense. That’s why, in your opinion, only 800 yards will be “incredible” for him. Obviously, that means that others will be getting the ball and having big years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of articles have been posted in the last few pages but I'm pretty sure I read the one you posted when you did. Debt is debt and rates are still historically low. No reason to not take out loans right now. Plus it builds kids credit and teaches them how to pay back loans responsibly. My kids luckily will be able to live at home if they so choose and won't be taking loans for the entire amount - probably only about a third. So even if they don't start out with great jobs they will still be fine. But again, it's like saying don't buy a house if you can't pay for it in cash (not exactly of course but similar). Did you take out a loan to buy a car? I did. Some prefer not to. For me it's not an issue and I always do it. But you can't categorize it as dumb just because you may be someone who doesn't do it.

Leveraging credit is part of life and practically a necessity in today's world and IMO not a negative at all. It's a positive with how cheap it is to borrow right now. Some people just aren't responsible enough to do it and thus, get themselves into trouble. People who took out 5 year arms to buy houses claimed they were duped because they were too dumb to think about what was going to happen after 5 years. People who were approved for mortgages they couldn't afford and went into foreclosure said it was the banks fault for giving it to them. That's just dumb and having no accountability.

There are a lot of other ways to get out of paying for higher education. A lot of Companies will pay for it if you start work right out of HS and even more will pay for your Masters. There are also a lot of Programs that if you get certain grades at State Universities and go into certain fields that you can get your student loans forgiven in NYS. Like the military these can all be good options for some.

Basically, student loans just come down to how much you borrow and how much you make. If you make a good salary and are smart with your money, paying back student loans is pretty easy for a Bachelor's degree. It's when you get into Med School and Law School and the such where you really get crushed. My niece is starting Law School in 2 months and while she has no student loans for her undergraduate, she will be taking student loans for Law School.

I live debt free. I guess you can say I practice what I preach.

"The borrower is slave to the lender"

Easy monthly payments! Pay it all this month and owe nothing!

3 things couples argue about the most? Kids, sex and money!

Don't marry someone in debt. don't marry someone if in debt.

When millenials add up all the interest they pay on house, car, school, credit cards and gotta' haves, they'll cry!

"Tattoos, selfies, and soul-crushing levels of long-term debt: These are America’s millennials, ladies and gentlemen.

Millennials and Long-Term Debt: How a Generation Ended Up in a Rut

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In those days I was securing nukes, they weren't letting us off for school.
The other thing I forgot was some schools would transfer military education to college credits. I know I got a butt load which can help many finish a four year degree in four or less years. Not me I was on the lazy 10 year program. I'd do a quarter and take three off. Then go back for two and then a year hiatus. Some had to do with missions but mostly it was me wanting to party instead.

Not all schools would accept them. While others accepted certain training while others didn't.

You could get credit for everything from Basic training, your military specialty, PT, leadership schools...

That's what all us "dummies" did am I right PE1?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Jackson will lesser numbers because they will have to spread the ball around on offense. That’s why, in your opinion, only 800 yards will be “incredible” for him. Obviously, that means that others will be getting the ball and having big years.

What our educated friend doesn't realize is there are only so many balls to go around. That's not included in getting a strenuous teaching cert.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What our educated friend doesn't realize is there are only so many balls to go around. That's not included in getting a strenuous teaching cert.

Empty barrels make the most noise.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average college grad makes something just under 70,000. Over 4 years that’s 280,000. Subtract what a military guy make in 4 years and the free college tuition and I still think you’ll be better off skipping the military. No big deal. Nothing to get your panties in a bind about. Just a persons opinion on the more strategic route but keep trying and turning this into something else. I literally have 5 people in a frenzy calling me a moron for a strategy that I think is better. Especially when you factor in the PTSD and severe mental health issues that affect a lot of people.

"These aren’t balances that can be paid off in short order, either.
The average salary for millennials is less than $35,000."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn’t take me a week. I knew that from the get go when we were talking about military pay. Now you’re saying someone can just join the miltnow out of HS and make 50,000 a year with no room, board or food bills? And I hate to break it to you but most Universities aren’t 50,000 a year. Maybe Harvard but it’s more along the lines of about 15,000.

I’ll admit I was wrong if you can tell me how to tell my teenagers in my life how they can go to the military for 4 years, get free college, room and board and $50,000 per on top of that. I though it was like 18,000 but 50,000 right out of HS and getting rejected from college!!! Amazing!

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/US-Navy-US-Navy-LTJG-Salaries-E41451_D_KO8,20.htm

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 please purchase one of these before your next post.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....Debt is debt and rates are still historically low. No reason to not take out loans right now. Plus it builds kids credit and teaches them how to pay back loans responsibly. My kids luckily will be able to live at home if they so choose and won't be taking loans for the entire amount - probably only about a third.

"Those most at risk of delinquency tend to be, counterintuitively, those who’ve incurred smaller amounts of debt"

A new Consumer Reports survey of student borrowers shows the heavy burden of debt on young lives:
45%

OF PEOPLE WITH STUDENT DEBT SAY COLLEGE WAS NOT WORTH THE COST.

"Many of these institutions are nothing but fronts for fraud. They’re peddling the promise of better social standing at the expense of America’s future. I’m not down on education. I’m all for it. However, we need, as a society, to recognize it for what it is. These institutions are happily and eagerly raising tuition rates because they can."

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live debt free. I guess you can say I practice what I preach.

"The borrower is slave to the lender"

Easy monthly payments! Pay it all this month and owe nothing!

3 things couples argue about the most? Kids, sex and money!

Don't marry someone in debt. don't marry someone if in debt.

When millenials add up all the interest they pay on house, car, school, credit cards and gotta' haves, they'll cry!

"Tattoos, selfies, and soul-crushing levels of long-term debt: These are America’s millennials, ladies and gentlemen.

For a kid with a good College education, those numbers in that article are nothing. God, I wish my mortgage was only $176,000. You can't buy an empty lot by me for less than 3 to 4 times that and a millennial can't buy a co-op for that near me. $40,000 in student loan debt is also nothing for most with a College Education. The credit card debt is a problem and exactly what I was talking about when I said some aren't responsible enough and that's the problem, just like during the housing crisis. So people with debt that don't pay it or don't have jobs are the issue, not the debt itself.

The reason these are alarmist articles is because they cross groups. If you are saying the average millennial only earns $35K you are including non-College grads. So that isn't pertinent. The average millennial college grad earns $50K and they are the ones with the student loan debt, not the guy that works at Walmart right out of HS. So making $50K per year and owing $40K in student loans is nothing. Especially if they are living at home like the article states. In the long run that $40K is a great investment. Not everyone can afford College without debt and the Military is not for everyone. You guys are arguing in a way you are accusing PE of. You are alluding to taking out a student loan as ALWAYS being a bad idea and that's just false.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a kid with a good College education, those numbers in that article are nothing. God, I wish my mortgage was only $176,000. You can't buy an empty lot by me for less than 3 to 4 times that and a millennial can't buy a co-op for that near me. $40,000 in student loan debt is also nothing for most with a College Education. The credit card debt is a problem and exactly what I was talking about when I said some aren't responsible enough and that's the problem, just like during the housing crisis. So people with debt that don't pay it or don't have jobs are the issue, not the debt itself.

The reason these are alarmist articles is because they cross groups. If you are saying the average millennial only earns $35K you are including non-College grads. So that isn't pertinent. The average millennial college grad earns $50K and they are the ones with the student loan debt, not the guy that works at Walmart right out of HS. So making $50K per year and owing $40K in student loans is nothing. Especially if they are living at home like the article states. In the long run that $40K is a great investment. Not everyone can afford College without debt and the Military is not for everyone. You guys are arguing in a way you are accusing PE of. You are alluding to taking out a student loan as ALWAYS being a bad idea and that's just false.

Saying only college grads have student loan debt is wrong. Plenty of people start college, take out loans but never finish. They are the ones with debt and the lower paying jobs. The article is right to use the median income number of ALL millennials.

Also, you are ignoring the fact that student loan debt is NOT the only debt these people will face. Sure, BY ITSELF it may not seem like a big number but when you factor in other debt and “mandatory” payments each month (ie health care premiums) it takes on a whole new significance

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
466 pages and PE1 still kicking everyone’s ass! Rock on PE1..... rock on!!!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
466 pages and PE1 still kicking everyone’s ass! Rock on PE1..... rock on!!!
I check in on this thread for a chuckle every now and again, but at this point it is beyond ridiculous.

The only reason most pop in here is to try and kick PE1 in the nuts and he is always there to take it and kick back.

Although I disagree with a lot of his takes, gotta give the dude props.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I check in on this thread for a chuckle every now and again, but at this point it is beyond ridiculous.

The only reason most pop in here is to try and kick PE1 in the nuts and he is always there to take it and kick back.

Although I disagree with a lot of his takes, gotta give the dude props.

He’s the Chuck Wepner of the Hoop....