• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty rare you take middle ground. I do not disagree with much you have said. My kids got a college education before the colleges started jacking up tuition. I was running my own business at that time and paid cash.

I disagree that it is the libtards that are the only ones complaining. Just not true. As a matter of fact, most I have read on this has come from investment / financial sources. I chimed in on this subject when PE1 painted an untrue picture of going into the military that was downright disrespectful.

I have reposted above my response to PE1 thinking you won't make any money in the military. PE1 saying you are better off to take the loan and graduate to a $70/year job being better than a $78,356 paying job in the military, without a loan!

Military is not for everyone. It is definitely a good deal for those who can handle it. It is definitely not the inferior route nor for dummies. If you are going to be a mechanic or carpet layer, why even go to college?

Please read the article from the link above and I will respect your middle ground. if you still feel the same way about loans for your kids 8 years from now, I'll be a little shocked.
:usa2:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty rare you take middle ground. I do not disagree with much you have said. My kids got a college education before the colleges started jacking up tuition. I was running my own business at that time and paid cash.

I disagree that it is the libtards that are the only ones complaining. Just not true. As a matter of fact, most I have read on this has come from investment / financial sources. I chimed in on this subject when PE1 painted an untrue picture of going into the military that was downright disrespectful.

I have reposted above my response to PE1 thinking you won't make any money in the military. PE1 saying you are better off to take the loan and graduate to a $70/year job being better than a $78,356 paying job in the military, without a loan!

Military is not for everyone. It is definitely a good deal for those who can handle it. It is definitely not the inferior route nor for dummies. If you are going to be a mechanic or carpet layer, why even go to college?

Please read the article from the link above and I will respect your middle ground. if you still feel the same way about loans for your kids 8 years from now, I'll be a little shocked.
A lot of articles have been posted in the last few pages but I'm pretty sure I read the one you posted when you did. Debt is debt and rates are still historically low. No reason to not take out loans right now. Plus it builds kids credit and teaches them how to pay back loans responsibly. My kids luckily will be able to live at home if they so choose and won't be taking loans for the entire amount - probably only about a third. So even if they don't start out with great jobs they will still be fine. But again, it's like saying don't buy a house if you can't pay for it in cash (not exactly of course but similar). Did you take out a loan to buy a car? I did. Some prefer not to. For me it's not an issue and I always do it. But you can't categorize it as dumb just because you may be someone who doesn't do it.

Leveraging credit is part of life and practically a necessity in today's world and IMO not a negative at all. It's a positive with how cheap it is to borrow right now. Some people just aren't responsible enough to do it and thus, get themselves into trouble. People who took out 5 year arms to buy houses claimed they were duped because they were too dumb to think about what was going to happen after 5 years. People who were approved for mortgages they couldn't afford and went into foreclosure said it was the banks fault for giving it to them. That's just dumb and having no accountability.

There are a lot of other ways to get out of paying for higher education. A lot of Companies will pay for it if you start work right out of HS and even more will pay for your Masters. There are also a lot of Programs that if you get certain grades at State Universities and go into certain fields that you can get your student loans forgiven in NYS. Like hte military these can all be good options for some.

Basically, student loans just come down to how much you borrow and how much you make. If you make a good salary and are smart with your money, paying back student loans is pretty easy for a Bachelor's degree. It's when you get into Med School and Law School and the such where you really get crushed. My niece is starting Law School in 2 months and while she has no student loans for her undergraduate, she will be taking student loans for Law School.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer isn't that easy.
The military has different tuition assistance.
First the school needs to be accredited or they won't pay a dime.
The most common support would be the GI Bill. Which has changed it's name over the years. This is something a service member puts into while they are serving aand the government adds to it. The GI bill can also have additional kickers depending on branch of the service or sometimes different states.
The GI bill can be given to family members, used for books (I think) or maybe that's one of the kickers? It can also be used for your lodging and food. I'm not an expert on it and it does change. A VA councelor at the specific school can lead you into which is the best route.

Now while currently serving a service member can go to school free. They may have to pay for a certain book or lab but the education piece is free. The only thing is the service member would need to pay back any tuition assistance if the fail or drop the class.
So many service members go to school free and pass their GI bill on down to their spouse or children.

Sorry I don't know where the financial assistance caps out? Years ago it was once you received your batchelor. But that has changed. So the tuition price a service member receives in this scenario depends on the school.

There are lots of options. The National Guard in many states can get free tuition on a seat available course at state funded schools. If the course isn't full they can attend free. But again they need to pay for books and labs I believe. This option can be used in conjuction with the GI Bill & Kicker that's why it's smart to seek the advice of the VA councelor.
The National Guard has a small part time force like the Reserves. The difference is the Guard is a state asset verses a federal asset. But the majority of the Guard and Reserves are part-time one weekend a month, two weeks in the summer service members. Yet they can get many of the same benefits and in some cases even better benefits.

Hope this helped somewhat? Like most government things it's confusing to say the least.
So if active Military, would it make it too hard to finish in 4 years from a time constraint of doing both, right?

So if my daughter joins the Military and then after she leaves after 3 years and she goes to NYU at about $75K all in per year. They pay it all? That would be awesome but I didn't think they did (I really don't know which is why/what I was asking) and reading what you wrote seems that they don't.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if active Military, would it make it too hard to finish in 4 years from a time constraint of doing both, right?

So if my daughter joins the Military and then after she leaves after 3 years and she goes to NYU at about $75K all in per year. They pay it all? That would be awesome but I didn't think they did (I really don't know which is why/what I was asking) and reading what you wrote seems that they don't.

Again it's always changing and likely differs slightly between branches.

So depending on what she did in the military, where she would be stationed and how eager her and her command are she could knock out a four year degree in four years. Many of the schools have outreach programs on the base as well as online and self paced home study so even while deployed a service member during their off time can continue their schooling.

But let's say she knocked out three years while active. During that time she put into the GI Bill. She would have all that $ still available to finish her degree at NYU. How much can be spent per quarter/semester or year I'm not sure if there is a cap?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has only had at least 8 TDs two times in his career and the last time was over 5 years ago. You say he’s gonna score more TDs as he’s getting older.

As far as 800 yards being “going off” he had almost that last year (774). 800 yards isn’t incredible.

I know 800 yards isn’t indicative of a great year but that would be great for us with Alshon, Agholor, Ertz and Goedert in the mix. I’ll take 800 from Desean (hypothetically) and be really happy.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t DeSean like 40 years old?

Dude is washed up

He was on pace for 1000 last year til he got hurt. They say he hasn’t lost a step and can still stretch the field for our 2 TEs. I’m pumped about the signing.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No they won't pay anywhere near that tuition. The military wants educated members running the service that includes the enlisted forces. The miltary will pay full tuition at affordable schools (they for a USC, yes California, English class for me YEARS ago) but you are still full time military and part time student. If your daughter did a 3 year stint, applied herself educationally and got out she could have 2 years done towards her Bachelors, get out and she might have GI Bill benefits to use for school.

I can't even try to explain how unfairly GOOD the GI Bill is because I retired with almost no time under the current bill and wasn't awarded it's full benefit.

I know guys are sending their kids to school on the GI Bill, and in some cases the GI Bill gives money for housing even if the student lives at home.

PE1 still has the Draft era on his mind when everyone was sent to war or jail. Today's military are smarter then us old guys.

As I told him a week or so in the USAF if an enlisted troop wants to gain the rank of E-7 he/she must have at least his associates under his belt and that may not be enough, this is a new requirement and looks to be the long term future for at least for the AF.

I think PE is wrong thinking it's as easy as signing your name and in the ARMY you go. Some of the gear today's soldiers employ almost need math majors to figure out.

I think one thing all of us on both sides of the argument can/should agree on is the Military isn't for everyone.

If seen dummies make it through a full career but I've also seen smart guys get let go for inability to adapt within their first 2 to years. Initial AF commitment is 4 years.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is such bullshit and why we can’t have a conversation. Never once did I say going to the military and making $78,356 is bad.
We were talking only about going to the military JUST for college money. If someone wants to have a military career and make over $75,000 that’s a fantastic road to take.
If you want this to be a nonsensical free for all then keep doing what you do. But I never said or even slightly insinuated making $75,000+ in the military is a bad thing.

*I know, I know. Tomorrow you’ll say some nonsense using what I said against me. Are we going to be men and discuss or are you just going to keep lying about shit I never said.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is such bullshit and why we can’t have a conversation. Never once did I say going to the military and making $78,356 is bad.
We were talking only about going to the military JUST for college money. If someone wants to have a military career and make over $75,000 that’s a fantastic road to take.
If you want this to be a nonsensical free for all then keep doing what you do. But I never said or even slightly insinuated making $75,000+ in the military is a bad thing.

*I know, I know. Tomorrow you’ll say some nonsense using what I said against me. Are we going to be men and discuss or are you just going to keep lying about shit I never said.

Well if this isn't calling the kettle black.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they won't pay anywhere near that tuition. The military wants educated members running the service that includes the enlisted forces. The miltary will pay full tuition at affordable schools (they for a USC, yes California, English class for me YEARS ago) but you are still full time military and part time student. If your daughter did a 3 year stint, applied herself educationally and got out she could have 2 years done towards her Bachelors, get out and she might have GI Bill benefits to use for school.

I can't even try to explain how unfairly GOOD the GI Bill is because I retired with almost no time under the current bill and wasn't awarded it's full benefit.

I know guys are sending their kids to school on the GI Bill, and in some cases the GI Bill gives money for housing even if the student lives at home.

PE1 still has the Draft era on his mind when everyone was sent to war or jail. Today's military are smarter then us old guys.

As I told him a week or so in the USAF if an enlisted troop wants to gain the rank of E-7 he/she must have at least his associates under his belt and that may not be enough, this is a new requirement and looks to be the long term future for at least for the AF.

I think PE is wrong thinking it's as easy as signing your name and in the ARMY you go. Some of the gear today's soldiers employ almost need math majors to figure out.

I think one thing all of us on both sides of the argument can/should agree on is the Military isn't for everyone.

If seen dummies make it through a full career but I've also seen smart guys get let go for inability to adapt within their first 2 to years. Initial AF commitment is 4 years.

Two other points of note.

First the military also has a student repayment program. So individuals like PE1 and others who have attributted to the $1.5 TRILLION student loan debt have a way out and can actually pay off their loans. I'm not sure of the specifics on it? But basically they can join the military after accumilating a debt and the military will pay it or parts off within their guidelines for a commitment of x number of years.

My second point is I know a milutary individual who have attended a private school like Pacific Lutheran University. Very spendy and the military paid for her masters or most of it while she was serving.

I also know of military commands who would allow service members attend school full-time during "business hours" for 6 months if they re-enlisted.

Lots of options.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know 800 yards isn’t indicative of a great year but that would be great for us with Alshon, Agholor, Ertz and Goedert in the mix. I’ll take 800 from Desean (hypothetically) and be really happy.

So you’re saying he will ONLY have 800 yards because ALL those guys are gonna have big years?

Hahaha

Keeps getting better!

Jacskson has had trouble just staying on the field the last two years. He not only hasn’t played a full season but didn’t even START two games last year that he did play.

Everything Eagles is always “phenomenal” or “going off”. You did the same thing with Tate last year and he was a big dud.

I love all these predictions. The only thing better is watching you defend them all year.

You are the same thing that Max Kellerman is when talking about the the cliff and Tom Brady.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two other points of note.

First the military also has a student repayment program. So individuals like PE1 and others who have attributted to the $1.5 TRILLION student loan debt have a way out and can actually pay off their loans. I'm not sure of the specifics on it? But basically they can join the military after accumilating a debt and the military will pay it or parts off within their guidelines for a commitment of x number of years.

My second point is I know a milutary individual who have attended a private school like Pacific Lutheran University. Very spendy and the military paid for her masters or most of it while she was serving.

I also know of military commands who would allow service members attend school full-time during "business hours" for 6 months if they re-enlisted.

Lots of options.

I have not heard of active duty going to high end private schools, not saying they can't I just don't know. I do know I took a USC class while stationed in England.

Nor have I heard of a Mil member going full time. Again, not saying they can't because I don't know either way.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You've talked out of your ass so much you don't even know what you said.

You were adamant that going into the military in order to avoid going into debt was bad.

I can't keep track of how many times on this topic alone you've moved the goal posts, yet still to be proven wrong.

Now you're going to think we believe you said this?
"Never once did I say going to the military and making $78,356 is bad".

It was bad to go into the military just for college.

Then you had to bring up PTSD.

Then its was a brand new recruit only makes $18k. While missing out on potential earnings. Inferring a college student makes $70k while they're in school.

Only to be proven wrong that most grads after earning little to nothing while in school averages $48k upon graduation.

By being uneducated on the military and their benefits it has made you look like an even bigger ass then you already are.

It wasn't until so many posters expressed their disgust in your liberal views that you started back tracking.

Now you're saying a military career is a good thing without the snarky for dummies or no other option comments.

No one is going to forget what you've actually said nor what your opinion of the military was. Regardless of how many more times you move the proverbial goal posts.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not heard of active duty going to high end private schools, not saying they can't I just don't know. I do know I took a USC class while stationed in England.

Nor have I heard of a Mil member going full time. Again, not saying they can't because I don't know either way.

These are facts that I know of and have witnessed personally.

As far as the cost goes it may or may not make financial sense for each individual. Again a VA councelor would be able to advise better.

But in the example of my friend who attended PLU. She received her batchelors thru different educational benefits. Never using her GI Bill nor her mother's who had served. When she went for her masters she used those benefits along with some other tution assistance. She was still on active duty so was receiving her P&A, BAS and BAH so had no room or board cost.

There are many ways to cook eggs and she took advantage of them all.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor have I heard of a Mil member going full time. Again, not saying they can't because I don't know either way.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they're still offering this or not. Back in the late 80s early 90s commands were offering this as a re-enlistment incentive. This is around the same time there was a push for a more educated force. It was a command decision so it wasn't offered to everyone if I recall correctly? Basically a SM would re-enlist and instead of going to their normal work day they would go to school for up to six months.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you’re saying he will ONLY have 800 yards because ALL those guys are gonna have big years?

Hahaha

Keeps getting better!

Jacskson has had trouble just staying on the field the last two years. He not only hasn’t played a full season but didn’t even START two games last year that he did play.

Everything Eagles is always “phenomenal” or “going off”. You did the same thing with Tate last year and he was a big dud.

I love all these predictions. The only thing better is watching you defend them all year.

You are the same thing that Max Kellerman is when talking about the the cliff and Tom Brady.

I hate how you guys make shit up then mock me for it. So ridiculous that you can’t have a decent conversation around here because of you, Handi and NWPats. Where the fuck did I say all these other guys are going to have big years? I never said that but tomorrow you’ll post something mocking me with “I never said that”. Why do you 3 constantly put words in my mouth.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if this isn't calling the kettle black.

Sorry, I don’t put words in people’s mouth. I leave that job to you, Handi and DblDown. Your above statement is so far from the truth it’s laughable.