• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My argument against PE1 isn't the better route. Both are right for different individuals in different situations. My argument is against his Dumb People join the Military.

If he could refrain from making so many idiotic o er the top statements I'd leave him alone.

I didnt say everyone who joins the military is dumb. I said the dumb kids in HS go to the military.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are going overboard just because PE is taking this side of the argument. A lot of articles today are total BS on the subject because it's now in the cross hairs of the liberal agenda. Simple fact is that going to College and paying via student loans is not just not a horrible thing but a smart thing to do for many (but not all of course).

If you don't have the money to pay for College up front student loans will allow you to go to the College of your choice. In many cases the loans are at better interest rates and you don't have to pay them off right away. They are an integral part of getting a College Education for many and while there are issues with the system and in particular with some people who may struggle to pay them off for various reasons they are great and my daughter will be taking them out starting next year. As I said before this argument is similar to saying that people shouldn't buy a house because it costs a lot to pay back if you take out a mortgage.

Borrowing money is historically cheap today and it's wise to do so when necessary. Are Colleges too expensive? Yes, but not taking out a student loan doesn't solve that problem. Plus most students can choose a cheaper route if they want or go to a less difficult School from an admissions standard and get money off from the School. Most kids don't pay the full price. A year in College is about the same as some new cars. I'd rather my kid take out the loan to get a College education.

As far as College right out of HS versus after going to the Military first, both routes are fantastic and can set you up to succeed in life and each young man or woman should pick which is better for them as both have plusses and minuses. And for many kids going into the Military and never using it as a way to get a College education is fine to as is doing none of the above. There is no general right or wrong answer.:2cents:

Always the voice of reason. Thats why I say I respect you even though we vehemently disagree on a lot of topics. We can argue and argue but you'll never spin it into, "Your wifes a cvnt". Oh, by the way, Desean Jackson is going to go off this year! :pound:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was profound because he said I was ducking him. Then I answered his question and he ignored what I had to say and insulted me instead. Essentially, he did what he was accusing me of.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Question for you Military guys because I honestly don't know the answer. Will the Military pay 100% for any College?

I always thought there was a cap they would pay if you went to a Private University. So in other words, unlike the $50K PE is quoting for Harvard, it's actually more like $70K/year. If you are an elite kid from an intelligence perspective and you get into Harvard and choose the Military route first, how much of that $70K per year will the Military pay?

They will give up to $50,000 for University is what I saw. Now I have my heels dug in even more. Im not saying people shouldnt go into the military. Im saying if you join ONLY for college funds it makes more sense long term just to take the loans and pay off the $50,000 the military would have given you.

I dont know why people are bringing up a separate issue of Universities being obscenely expensive or that waaaaay to many young people are going to very expensive Universities and accumulating massive debt. THats a completely different discussion.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've known a number of guys who retired from the military and went on to be teachers. The last one was an O-6 26 years of service. He'll make $6,500 a month off of his retirement. He could get an additional NON taxed 30 grand a year from military disability, then get his teachers retirement in ten years. Pretty good gig if you ask me.
Like I said. It's a great move for some, just like College is. WE each need to decide which is better for us as individuals. Good for your buddy and Good for everyone who serves or served as regardless of how it works out financially you do us all a great favor and we probably don't say it enough :usa2:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say everyone who joins the military is dumb. I said the dumb kids in HS go to the military.
I never said you said that. But you did say the dumb eho cannot go to college join the military.

Problem is I've shown the military has the the same GPA requirements as some major colleges and the military has restrictions colleges don't care about. Facts are its EASIER to go to school vs. going to college. I've also shown that colleges will ignore GPA requirements if mommy and daddy have money.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always the voice of reason. Thats why I say I respect you even though we vehemently disagree on a lot of topics. We can argue and argue but you'll never spin it into, "Your wifes a cvnt". Oh, by the way, Desean Jackson is going to go off this year! :pound:
Well that's only because I want you to keep sending me those "special" pics of her...:love:

They will give up to $50,000 for University is what I saw. Now I have my heels dug in even more. Im not saying people shouldnt go into the military. Im saying if you join ONLY for college funds it makes more sense long term just to take the loans and pay off the $50,000 the military would have given you..

Is it up to $50K? That's pretty high. I didn't think they would give you that much if you went to an expensive Private School like NYU but I really don't know, which is why I asked, but no one answered. The point was you still may need a student loan if that was the case.

For some yes it makes sense, for some no. When you talk about what an average kid makes coming out of College, whatever the number is, there are some who make way above that and some who make way below that. So if it's $60K you have some making way over $100K year one who will benefit from getting right out into the job market quicker and for four more years. Some only make $20K and if they don't have parents to live with during those first few years they may be better off picking the Military route. My point is mostly just there is no one answer or right or wrong way.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's only because I want you to keep sending me those "special" pics of her...:love:

Is it up to $50K? That's pretty high. I didn't think they would give you that much if you went to an expensive Private School like NYU but I really don't know, which is why I asked, but no one answered. The point was you still may need a student loan if that was the case.

For some yes it makes sense, for some no. When you talk about what an average kid makes coming out of College, whatever the number is, there are some who make way above that and some who make way below that. So if it's $60K you have some making way over $100K year one who will benefit from getting right out into the job market quicker and for four more years. Some only make $20K and if they don't have parents to live with during those first few years they may be better off picking the Military route. My point is mostly just there is no one answer or right or wrong way.

The only thing I don’t understand about the free nudes is you’re only happy when I’m in them, you hate the ones of my wife only???

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define “go off this year.”

Since we have a lot of targets and with the 2 TE sets with Goedert who I expect to be a huge asset I think 800 and 8. He still has his speed but we need the two new RBs to do their part.
800 and 8 would be incredible with all the other targets. Looking for some big homeruns.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sudfeld under center?

If Sudfeld is playing an extended amount we are cooked. A lot riding on Wentz’s health and that’s a huge concern cause he keeps getting hurt. Even in the year he played the entire season he broke his ribs and his senior year he broke his hand.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have a lot of targets and with the 2 TE sets with Goedert who I expect to be a huge asset I think 800 and 8. He still has his speed but we need the two new RBs to do their part.
800 and 8 would be incredible with all the other targets. Looking for some big homeruns.

He has only had at least 8 TDs two times in his career and the last time was over 5 years ago. You say he’s gonna score more TDs as he’s getting older.

As far as 800 yards being “going off” he had almost that last year (774). 800 yards isn’t incredible.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average military Engineer I have worked with has been in 3 years and makes $70k +,
Most of those who plan to stay in, will work on their masters while in the service.

The typical US Navy US Navy LTJG salary is $78,356. US Navy LTJG salaries at US Navy can range from $73,450 - $89,324. This estimate is based upon 4 US Navy US Navy LTJG salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a US Navy LTJG at US Navy can expect to make an average total pay of $78,356 . See all US Navy LTJG salaries to learn how this stacks up in the market.
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/US-Navy-US-Navy-LTJG-Salaries-E41451_D_KO8,20.htm
I think you guys are going overboard just because PE is taking this side of the argument. A lot of articles today are total BS on the subject because it's now in the cross hairs of the liberal agenda. Simple fact is that going to College and paying via student loans is not just not a horrible thing but a smart thing to do for many (but not all of course).

As far as College right out of HS versus after going to the Military first, both routes are fantastic and can set you up to succeed in life and each young man or woman should pick which is better for them as both have plusses and minuses. And for many kids going into the Military and never using it as a way to get a College education is fine to as is doing none of the above. There is no general right or wrong answer.:2cents:

Pretty rare you take middle ground. I do not disagree with much you have said. My kids got a college education before the colleges started jacking up tuition. I was running my own business at that time and paid cash.

I disagree that it is the libtards that are the only ones complaining. Just not true. As a matter of fact, most I have read on this has come from investment / financial sources. I chimed in on this subject when PE1 painted an untrue picture of going into the military that was downright disrespectful.

I have reposted above my response to PE1 thinking you won't make any money in the military. PE1 saying you are better off to take the loan and graduate to a $70/year job being better than a $78,356 paying job in the military, without a loan!

Military is not for everyone. It is definitely a good deal for those who can handle it. It is definitely not the inferior route nor for dummies. If you are going to be a mechanic or carpet layer, why even go to college?

Please read the article from the link above and I will respect your middle ground. if you still feel the same way about loans for your kids 8 years from now, I'll be a little shocked.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt I explain in my response how to handle this situation and what you brought up is a different topic. Why didnt you reply to what I said. You must be ducking me.

Manster showed me the post. I showed it to you. I don’t see any question just a statement.

This one? That was most certainly ducking.....

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the raspberry shirt, pants, underwear, socks, and shoes?

You gotta Matchy Matchy.

Think his scarf it was apricot.

Cause he's so vain. He probably thinks this post is about him.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The answer isn't that easy.
The military has different tuition assistance.
First the school needs to be accredited or they won't pay a dime.
The most common support would be the GI Bill. Which has changed it's name over the years. This is something a service member puts into while they are serving aand the government adds to it. The GI bill can also have additional kickers depending on branch of the service or sometimes different states.
The GI bill can be given to family members, used for books (I think) or maybe that's one of the kickers? It can also be used for your lodging and food. I'm not an expert on it and it does change. A VA councelor at the specific school can lead you into which is the best route.

Now while currently serving a service member can go to school free. They may have to pay for a certain book or lab but the education piece is free. The only thing is the service member would need to pay back any tuition assistance if the fail or drop the class.
So many service members go to school free and pass their GI bill on down to their spouse or children.

Sorry I don't know where the financial assistance caps out? Years ago it was once you received your batchelor. But that has changed. So the tuition price a service member receives in this scenario depends on the school.

There are lots of options. The National Guard in many states can get free tuition on a seat available course at state funded schools. If the course isn't full they can attend free. But again they need to pay for books and labs I believe. This option can be used in conjuction with the GI Bill & Kicker that's why it's smart to seek the advice of the VA councelor.
The National Guard has a small part time force like the Reserves. The difference is the Guard is a state asset verses a federal asset. But the majority of the Guard and Reserves are part-time one weekend a month, two weeks in the summer service members. Yet they can get many of the same benefits and in some cases even better benefits.

Hope this helped somewhat? Like most government things it's confusing to say the least.