• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just told you why they wont.

You know. Nevermind. I am tired of talking to someone that cant think realistically.

I get you are always an optimist, but I cant deal with your blinders anymore.

You will just get more stupid.

There are 15 articles out there that you can google saying the Eagles can franchise him and trade him but we are all idiots. The Eagles will take that chance and just hold off on paying Wentz.
I know you want to call me the optimist but I’m on here all week listening to Cowboys fans telling us we’re fucked because we have 2 good QBs. Yeah, what a terrible situation for us.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you want to call me the optimist but I’m on here all week listening to Cowboys fans telling us we’re fucked because we have 2 good QBs.
No. That is how you read it.
We are saying you wont have both next year.
Joe Montana/Steve Young was a great problem to have too. But they still kicked one to the curb.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. That is how you read it.
We are saying you wont have both next year.
Joe Montana/Steve Young was a great problem to have too. But they still kicked one to the curb.

Yep by trading one for a 1st round pick. They won’t have both next year. But I’m guessing they get something in return... especially if Foles shocks the world one more time.
But I understand your pissed your season is over and want to tell us Eagle fans were fucked.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep by trading one for a 1st round pick. They won’t have both next year. But I’m guessing they get something in return... especially if Foles shocks the world one more time.
But I understand your pissed your season is over and want to tell us Eagle fans were fucked.
well Montana was under contract. Not fran tagged. he had no say in the matter.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are three kinds of tags.

The exclusive tag means a team pays said player either the average salary of the top five highest-paid players at his position, or 120% of his salary from the previous year (whichever of the two numbers is higher). A player can’t negotiate with other teams in this situation and they are bound to their current franchise.

The non-exclusive tag is the same from a fiscal standpoint, but lets players negotiate with other teams, who can make them contract offers. The player’s current team can match any offer sheet, and if they decline to match, then the player’s new team has to send two first-round picks as compensation.

The transition tag gives the player a one-year salary that equals the average of the 10 highest-paid players at his position and allows him to negotiate with other teams. His original team can decide whether to match or not match other offers. If they decide not to match, the new team does not have to send compensation and gets the player.

Franchise Tag means only the Eagles can negotiate with Foles. He won't be Franchised

The non-exclusive tag means teams have to fork over TWO firsts. I don't see that happening nor do I see the Eagles risking their cap.

Transistion tag just give the Eagles the right to match with no compensation if they don't so why bother.

I hope the Eagles do tag him and other teams say too fucking bad, now fit him under your cap.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Montana was under contract. Not fran tagged. he had no say in the matter.

That is true.
Dallas hung in there tonight when it looked like they were gonna get killed. Dak really does have a lot of heart. Even though he had some poor throws he didn’t fold and kept fighting.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The exclusive tag means a team pays said player either the average salary of the top five highest-paid players at his position, or 120% of his salary from the previous year (whichever of the two numbers is higher). A player can’t negotiate with other teams in this situation and they are bound to their current franchise.

The non-exclusive tag is the same from a fiscal standpoint, but lets players negotiate with other teams, who can make them contract offers. The player’s current team can match any offer sheet, and if they decline to match, then the player’s new team has to send two first-round picks as compensation.

The transition tag gives the player a one-year salary that equals the average of the 10 highest-paid players at his position and allows him to negotiate with other teams. His original team can decide whether to match or not match other offers. If they decide not to match, the new team does not have to send compensation and gets the player.

Franchise Tag means only the Eagles can negotiate with Foles. He won't be Franchised

The non-exclusive tag means teams have to fork over TWO firsts. I don't see that happening nor do I see the Eagles risking their cap.

Transistion tag just give the Eagles the right to match with no compensation if they don't so why bother.

I hope the Eagles do tag him and other teams say too fucking bad, now fit him under your cap.

Your last paragraph is a possibility especially with two of the main teams needing a QB are in our division. There is an article saying Foles will be a very hot commodity this offseason and maybe a team like Oakland who has a zillion picks goes after him. The Eagles will do what they have to get compensation... especially if Foles pulls of another miracle tomorrow

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Eagles outlast the fuckboys once again. I would have preferred an Eagles-Cowboys rematch but I’m ok with the Rams. Pederson owns McVay.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last paragraph is a possibility especially with two of the main teams needing a QB are in our division. There is an article saying Foles will be a very hot commodity this offseason and maybe a team like Oakland who has a zillion picks goes after him. The Eagles will do what they have to get compensation... especially if Foles pulls of another miracle tomorrow

You can count the Skins out they cant afford him either with the Smith injury guarantee.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this makes me think.
Did they ever get rid of the poison pill in contracts? or is that still allowed?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u used sportswrites and local reporters as your argument. THey certainly are arguing controversy

your own board the hoop is

espn is

cbs is

nflnetwork is

yahoo is

i mean i can go on. THey must all be trolling

I'll say many many more calls coming into the sports talk stations are saying trade Wentz and build around Foles. Amazing to think 5+ weeks ago this was nowhere near the thought and would have been laughed out of the room.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say many many more calls coming into the sports talk stations are saying trade Wentz and build around Foles. Amazing to think 5+ weeks ago this was nowhere near the thought and would have been laughed out of the room.

Yeah... I’m sure people are thinking if Foles can win us 2 SBs maybe we build around him because they’ll get a shit ton for Wentz. It’s amazing how close football success and personal success can be. Bears make a FG and Julio Jones makes a catch and Foles has zero playoff wins and no one is even discussing this. People wouldn’t even think he was good and both those plays were out of his hands. Great story. I just think in the long run Wentz has more talent and ability. Will be an interesting offseason.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I’m sure people are thinking if Foles can win us 2 SBs maybe we build around him because they’ll get a shit ton for Wentz. It’s amazing how close football success and personal success can be. Bears make a FG and Julio Jones makes a catch and Foles has zero playoff wins and no one is even discussing this. People wouldn’t even think he was good and both those plays were out of his hands. Great story. I just think in the long run Wentz has more talent and ability. Will be an interesting offseason.

It’s amazing how often you ignore reality and focus on the world of “almost”.