• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hon, there is more involved in being the center than simply tossing a ball between your legs.

Absolutely. Much more. I was just saying the actual process of snapping a ball doesn’t require elite athleticism

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hon, there is more involved in being the center than simply tossing a ball between your legs.
he doesnt understand there is a difference between Players & X's & O's of the position

He will preach on to you about draft position & who would rather have a good center or A. Brown & such. he is incapable of understanding those are two different arguments.

Everything he argues has nothing to do with the importance of the position, but he will tell you his argument is proof of the position not being very important.
If you choose to beat your head against the wall :frusty: go ahead & engage on the debate with him.
you have been forewarned :suds:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m crumbling and not making senselolol

Others get it. You don’t. AGAIN.

Also your facts need a source bud. Just because u say them, doesn’t make them true, you fail to realize that . You never provide a source, we do

I just listed my sources for you

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not elite athleticism, but a good amount, and more importantly communication skills and a very high football IQ. If you put any random guy at center, even just moving someone from the line down to C, he would probably struggle with the snap.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he doesnt understand there is a difference between Players & X's & O's of the position

He will preach on to you about draft position & who would rather have a good center or A. Brown & such. he is incapable of understanding those are two different arguments.

Everything he argues has nothing to do with the importance of the position, but he will tell you his argument is proof of the position not being very important.
If you choose to beat your head against the wall :frusty: go ahead & engage on the debate with him.
you have been forewarned :suds:

Simply not true. I know it’s important but it’s not as important as other positions.
Antonio Brown and Jason Kelce are completely not different arguments. It was to illustrate the importance of positions and that some are more important then others. It’s exactly spot on and not a separate argument. I’m not saying Center is completely unimportant. I’m saying there are other positions that are more important then Center. That’s why no GM has used a top 14 pick... (you know the routine)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not elite athleticism, but a good amount, and more importantly communication skills and a very high football IQ. If you put any random guy at center, even just moving someone from the line down to C, he would probably struggle with the snap.

Probably and all your points are correct except I see athletes make absolutely stunning athletic plays from Dr J dunking from the foul line, Odell Beckham making diving, spinning one hand catches to Russell Wilson scrambling, dodging, and throwing a ball 60 yards. Snapping a ball doesn’t require elite athleticism. I could do that when I was 3 years old.

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would rather draft a shitty wide receiver you throw to maybe once per game over an expert snapper Center?

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think perhaps the way your explaining your importance ranking is making things confusing for everyone. At the end of the day it sounds like this is a player by player issue and you can't definitively say one position is more important than the others, because it depends on the player more than the position.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would rather draft a shitty wide receiver you throw to maybe once per game over an expert snapper Center?
What is the average draft round for starting centers in the NFL?

Rosie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the average draft round for starting centers in the NFL?

I'm not sure, but google tells me there are a couple guys expecting to be drafted in the first few rounds.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, but google tells me there are a couple guys expecting to be drafted in the first few rounds.

I understand that draft position doesn't directly equal importance on the field.

The point that was made was that Centers aren't drafted in the top 15.

But really its a more developmental position than others and you're looking at top 15 picks to be immediate impact guys. And you can find a good developmental centers on day 3 of the draft.

It doesn't mean they aren't important... just they aren't hot commodities in the draft.