• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this first A GAME Foles and his TEAM was better than Brady and his team.

Only a fool will try to say Foles is better than Brady. Now Foles better than Wentz, yes he has shown he can win with the same team Wentz failed with.

For one game - the SB - Foles was better than Brady. It is as simple as that. When the chips were down, Foles made the plays, Brady did not.

To argue that Foles is a better QB than Brady is ludicrous. Though note that Foles has had a 7 TD game (or rather 7 TD's in IIRC less than 3 full quarters), while Brady has not.

To argue that Foles is better than Wentz is also ridiculous. The thing is, Foles can get on incredible hot streaks, as he has shown, but can also have a streak where he is playing at a level resembling the Sanchize. Foles would never have been able to carry the Eagles like Wentz did in his rookie season and most of 2017. You simply have to look at the start of this season, or the end of last season to see what mediocre to bad Foles has looked like.

If there is one thing that Foles is currently better at than Wentz, is accepting when a play is done, and there is nothing left to create. But Wentz can create more than Foles ever will.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'll say it. Foles played a great game. Philly D won that game not Nick. His numbers don't justify him having a better game nor did the eye test.

I'm curious do people recall Foles was a 3rd round pick? Pick # 88. I mean some of these posts would lead you to believe he was an UDFA or something.

Argument in favour of Brady: Brady marched up and down the field on the Eagles D.

Argument against Foles: The Eagles D won the game for him and stopped Brady (who racked up a Super Bowl record 505 yards).

These two arguments are simply incompatible.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the yards are the most glaring.

Both QBs threw 3 TDs, one caught one, one had an INT. It can be argued the fumble was Brady's fault? As well as it could be argued the Philly D caused it and the Oline blew it?

Only the most disingenious person would put that INT on the QB. That TD was purely on the WR, who batted the ball up in the air straight to the DB. Brady was much more at fault for the fumble than Foles for his INT (which Jeffery actually caught before losing control when he fell down and batting it to the DB).

Foles had a slightly better completion % 29/44 to 28/49. Nothing earth shattering.

Brady missed more open receivers than Foles did. When the plays had to be made, Foles did, and Brady did not. That is the definition of one QB outplaying the other.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For one game - the SB - Foles was better than Brady. It is as simple as that. When the chips were down, Foles made the plays, Brady did not.

To argue that Foles is a better QB than Brady is ludicrous. Though note that Foles has had a 7 TD game (or rather 7 TD's in IIRC less than 3 full quarters), while Brady has not.

To argue that Foles is better than Wentz is also ridiculous. The thing is, Foles can get on incredible hot streaks, as he has shown, but can also have a streak where he is playing at a level resembling the Sanchize. Foles would never have been able to carry the Eagles like Wentz did in his rookie season and most of 2017. You simply have to look at the start of this season, or the end of last season to see what mediocre to bad Foles has looked like.

If there is one thing that Foles is currently better at than Wentz, is accepting when a play is done, and there is nothing left to create. But Wentz can create more than Foles ever will.

The eagles finished 7-9 and ended up in last place in the NFC East. What exactly did Wentz “carry them” to?

You talk about Foles “getting hot” for a few games the same could be said for Wentz. Other than the portion of the 2017 season that he played he’s been mediocre.

I think Wentz is quickly approaching the title of most overrated player of all times. The only time in his albeit limited career his team played well they went on to win all their playoff games including the SB without him. I get that none of the Eagles fans see it this way. I get that they make lots of excuses for his poor play, lack of wins, etc but IMO time will prove that he’s an average QB.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles finished 7-9 and ended up in last place in the NFC East. What exactly did Wentz “carry them” to?

Anyone who watched the 2017 season knows the difference:

- Announced starter just days before the season began (with Bradford traded)
- Virtually no weapons on offense at all
- A division with only one team with a losing record (three with winning records), and based on record, the two best teams in the NFC.

Without Wentz that team would not have been close to sniffing a 7-9 record (and by most advanced metrics, the team actually played better than the record indicated, but had quite a bit of bad luck during games, or horrendous officiating (Morelli in Detroit stands out for that one)). With Bradford, Foles or the majority of QB's that team would have been 4-12 at best, if not worse.

You talk about Foles “getting hot” for a few games the same could be said for Wentz. Other than the portion of the 2017 season that he played he’s been mediocre.

Funny. Wentz was hot for 13 games in 2017 (until he got injured) and for many (if not the majority of NFL pundits/experts) front runner for the MVP race, or barely 2nd to Brady. Foles has yet to pull off a such a 13 game streak.

And again, what he played with in 2016 on offense was plain bad. He did better in 2016 than Prescott did in 2017 (who at that point had arguably a better cast on offense than Wentz had in 2016).

I think Wentz is quickly approaching the title of most overrated player of all times. The only time in his albeit limited career his team played well they went on to win all their playoff games including the SB without him. I get that none of the Eagles fans see it this way. I get that they make lots of excuses for his poor play, lack of wins, etc but IMO time will prove that he’s an average QB.

Talk about nonsense, and Brady blinded glasses. Many of the alleged 'experts' see Wentz as a top of the line QB of the future.

To talk about his lack of wins is nonsense (7-9 as a rookie, 10-2 (and leading LA Rams) at the time of his injury, and 5-6 this season; 22 -17 record). Fact is that his cast in 2016 on offense was sub-par, as was his preparation for that season. Fact is that this season, his cast on offense was - again - defective (Fielding Smallwood as your leading RB, and Agholor and Matthews as your leading WR's is NOT good). Fact also is that Wentz is still recovering from the torn ACL.

Fact also is that Wentz has made mistakes he did not make in the 2017 season - and that he has been criticized for it.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Argument in favour of Brady: Brady marched up and down the field on the Eagles D.

Argument against Foles: The Eagles D won the game for him and stopped Brady (who racked up a Super Bowl record 505 yards).

These two arguments are simply incompatible.

Insecure much?

If not for the sack fumble we're all likely singing a different tune.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insecure much?

Nope, just seeing idiot making using two arguments that are flat out incompatible.

And that fumble was on Brady. BTW, if not for that extremely lucky INT, Brady's fumble would not have even mattered, as the game would have been won by the Eagles at that point.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just seeing idiot making using two arguments that are flat out incompatible.

And that fumble was on Brady. BTW, if not for that extremely lucky INT, Brady's fumble would not have even mattered, as the game would have been won by the Eagles at that point.
Oh please stop. After reading your 2018 version of Ole Yeller a couple posts ago I still have a tear in my eye.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who watched the 2017 season knows the difference:

- Announced starter just days before the season began (with Bradford traded)
- Virtually no weapons on offense at all
- A division with only one team with a losing record (three with winning records), and based on record, the two best teams in the NFC.

Without Wentz that team would not have been close to sniffing a 7-9 record (and by most advanced metrics, the team actually played better than the record indicated, but had quite a bit of bad luck during games, or horrendous officiating (Morelli in Detroit stands out for that one)). With Bradford, Foles or the majority of QB's that team would have been 4-12 at best, if not worse.

Funny. Wentz was hot for 13 games in 2017 (until he got injured) and for many (if not the majority of NFL pundits/experts) front runner for the MVP race, or barely 2nd to Brady. Foles has yet to pull off a such a 13 game streak.

And again, what he played with in 2016 on offense was plain bad. He did better in 2016 than Prescott did in 2017 (who at that point had arguably a better cast on offense than Wentz had in 2016).

Talk about nonsense, and Brady blinded glasses. Many of the alleged 'experts' see Wentz as a top of the line QB of the future.

To talk about his lack of wins is nonsense (7-9 as a rookie, 10-2 (and leading LA Rams) at the time of his injury, and 5-6 this season; 22 -17 record). Fact is that his cast in 2016 on offense was sub-par, as was his preparation for that season. Fact is that this season, his cast on offense was - again - defective (Fielding Smallwood as your leading RB, and Agholor and Matthews as your leading WR's is NOT good). Fact also is that Wentz is still recovering from the torn ACL.

Fact also is that Wentz has made mistakes he did not make in the 2017 season - and that he has been criticized for it.

Wentz went 7-9 his rookie season. The year before Wentz... the eagles record was... wait for it... 7-9. In other words, Wentz did no better.

The next year the eagles built a championship caliber team that Wentz was handed the keys to. His success that year had more to do with the team he was on rather than him. That’s my opinion and I support it by saying they won all their playoff games and the SB without him.

The rest of your post is exactly like those of your predecessors. When the eagles win it’s because of Wentz. When the eagles win without Wentz it’s because, guys stepped up, guys got hot, etc. When the eagles lose with Wentz it’s one excuse after another.

As for the “experts”. I’m sure these are the same guys who said RG3 can’t miss either. The fact is Wentz is injury prone and never been tested in the playoffs. Everything you posted is hopes, wishes and dreams of Wentz COULD be. It’s what you WANT him to be but to date he isn’t. Oh sure you can cherry pick some stats but it won’t change the fact that he’s injury prone, hasn’t won in the playoffs and is now damaged goods.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I pasted your stats, responded and you chose to ignore and say I did. You're cute when you're confused. Which appears to be daily.
no u cherry picked a few of the stats i posted. at least man up and admit that. im dont with you. your just as bad as @PhoenixEagles1 , pick and choose what fits your agenda

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Insecure much?

oh so if we just forget plays, then different things happen. U know if eli doesnt heave up a prayer, pats likely win. If dyson got 2 more yards the titans likely won, then what?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no u cherry picked a few of the stats i posted. at least man up and admit that. im dont with you. your just as bad as @PhoenixEagles1 , pick and choose what fits your agenda
You may actually be worse than PE1.
I addressed every stat there. Most of them multiple times PE2.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh so if we just forget plays, then different things happen. U know if eli doesnt heave up a prayer, pats likely win. If dyson got 2 more yards the titans likely won, then what?
Not forgetting a thing. Just mentioned one of the potential game changers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there’s always game
Changers. Coulda shoulda woulda
Yep and I'm not normally the "what if" guy. But when you deal with stupid.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours:martini: