• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I don't think Philly beats the Rams with Wentz. That team looked dead in the water and now I think they are going to be rejuvenated. As soon as I heard about the Eagles shutting down Wentz I had a feeling this was going to happen. Luckily for Dallas they have a better division record than Wash and they beat Philly twice so I'm pretty sure that no matter what else happens, if Dallas beats the Giants week 17 they win the division. I think Philly wins out at this point

And no, the above doesn't mean I think Foles is better than Wentz

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that I doubt Philly can win the division. Dallas I think can clinch with one more win against Tampa or NYG.

Philly has an outside chance of getting the final playoff spot if they win out and finish 9-7, but they would need help.

That said, it would be interesting if they did it, and went into the playoffs with Foles. Or would they put Wentz back in? My sense is they were going to shut Wentz down for the rest of the season and ride with Foles. But if they make the postseason and Wentz is healthy by then, what happens?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 you gonna let this poster get away with this? There is no way you are gonna allow this guy to pick Foles over Wentz are you? Hurry you need to show him the light before he is corrupted by logic!!!
I am a long suffering Eagles fan and Foles took us to the promised land last year. I won't forget that. Last nights game against the Rams was an exciting nail biter. I was entertained as I'm sure most Eagles fans were as well. Foles is the reigning SB MVP and showed some of that last night. Playoffs here we come.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I heard this year is:

Eagles can’t run
Eagles D sucks
O-line sucks.

I saw Foles hang in there and take shots but still deliver the ball downfield.

I saw the eagles mix in the run with the pass

I saw the D step up against a top ranked team on the road and win.

I watched Foles come in COLD (no warm up games) and be way more effective than Wentz ever was (especially early in the game)

In short I saw the eagles win and no excuses were given. When Wentz plays there’s ALL these different excuses for his poor play.

Pathetic

1 game... what did you see in the other 2 Foles starts?

Maybe the only way Foles can function is the savior role. Big Game Nick showed up last night.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You love that word: comprehend. You’re another version of PE1: anyone who disagrees with you clearly isn’t “comprehending”.

What’s more likely:

That Wentz was average his first year (I’m being kind here), turned into a superstar his second year then became average again.

Or

Wentz was average his first year, was the product of a great team his second year (illustrated by the fact that the team won without him) and remained average (again I’m being kind here) his last year.

He was a product of the team being better... not necessarily him.

this quality trolling needed a BOOM at the end.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game... what did you see in the other 2 Foles starts?

Maybe the only way Foles can function is the savior role. Big Game Nick showed up last night.

You can keep denying “it”. You can keep downplaying “it” but it happened... again.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can keep denying “it”. You can keep downplaying “it” but it happened... again.

I'm not denying anything. Foles played like he had nothing to lose last night. Was amazing to see a more dynamic offense that takes shots downfield rather than dinking to the TE every play.

Last edited:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've interacted with you probably a couple dozen times, and it's pretty obvious you have trouble comprehending things.

This is what I’ve learned over the years of posting.

Generally speaking, when someone initiates a “personal” attack in the face of a debate it’s usually because they are losing the debate.

This is now the second time you’ve “attacked” by saying I don’t comprehend something yet you 1) didn’t defend your position on Wentz and 2) didn’t answer the logical issue I posed bc you knew where it would lead.

Got it!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not denying anything. Wentz played like he had nothing to lose last night. Was amazing to see a more dynamic offense that takes shots downfield rather than dinking to the TE every play.

I think you mean Foles. :dhd:

Freudian slip? :heh:

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom!
giphy.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might need to put up a Nick Foles statue on the Hoop with this crazy shit. I would love to be a mind reader to see what Wentz is thinking right now. At any rate, this story has resurrected this thread nicely. 200 pages / 4000 posts coming. :clap:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that I doubt Philly can win the division. Dallas I think can clinch with one more win against Tampa or NYG.

Philly has an outside chance of getting the final playoff spot if they win out and finish 9-7, but they would need help.

That said, it would be interesting if they did it, and went into the playoffs with Foles. Or would they put Wentz back in? My sense is they were going to shut Wentz down for the rest of the season and ride with Foles. But if they make the postseason and Wentz is healthy by then, what happens?
The fuck is this shit?

Dallas wins the NFCE with one more win. If they lose their final two and Eagles win their final two, Eagles win the division.

With the wild card, there are a number of scenarios at play. But the easiest one is for the Eagles to win their last two, Vikings lose 1 of their last 2 (@Detroit, vs. Chicago) and the Panthers lose at least 1 of their last 3 games (vs. NO, vs. ATL, @NO).

The Eagles still could get in losing 1 of their last 2 to finish at 8-8, but it becomes a lot harder. I think Carolina is done, I'm giving them virtually ~0% chance to win all three when two of them are against NO. I personally believe the Vikings will lose one of their games (if not both- I don't trust Cousins). So to me, we have a good shot but we need to win.

As for Wentz, his injury will sideline him 3 months. So there's virtually no way he plays again this year. Not to mention, if the Eagles were to get hot with Foles, there's no way they'd put Wentz in in the playoffs.

I hope this could clear some things up....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck is this shit?

Dallas wins the NFCE with one more win. If they lose their final two and Eagles win their final two, Eagles win the division.

With the wild card, there are a number of scenarios at play. But the easiest one is for the Eagles to win their last two, Vikings lose 1 of their last 2 (@Detroit, vs. Chicago) and the Panthers lose at least 1 of their last 3 games (vs. NO, vs. ATL, @NO).

The Eagles still could get in losing 1 of their last 2 to finish at 8-8, but it becomes a lot harder. I think Carolina is done, I'm giving them virtually ~0% chance to win all three when two of them are against NO. I personally believe the Vikings will lose one of their games (if not both- I don't trust Cousins). So to me, we have a good shot but we need to win.

As for Wentz, his injury will sideline him 3 months. So there's virtually no way he plays again this year. Not to mention, if the Eagles were to get hot with Foles, there's no way they'd put Wentz in in the playoffs.

Fully agree on the Wentz sits regardless the rest of this season, but what if Foles gets them into the postseason, they then start Wentz and its tank city? The Foles decision following will be huge.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck is this shit?

I know you’ve moved on from writing but for you it’s like riding a bike...

Well done!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sports fans of Philly awake this morning to a new found hope which is tempered with the knowledge that they jumped the gun on their phenom QB.

Enjoy the euphoria Philly sports fans... it’s gonna make for some good sports talk as to what to do this offseason.

In Howie we trust...

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know intelligent Eagles fans are walking around The City of Brotherly Love this morning quietly wondering what the season would look like if only they had gone to Foles earlier in the year. Of course, they keep these thoughts to themselves out of fear of reprise from the small but very vocal ‘Wentz fanboy club’.