• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common opponent played in recent weeks. Not a couple of random games. Two guys vs the exact same defense.

Do you really think taking one game is a fair way to compare players? Sure they were common defenses but it's still just one game. That's like saying Team A beat Team B and Team B beat Team C so Team A will beat Team C.

I think overall performance and not one isolated game, even with a common opponent, is a better way to judge.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think taking one game is a fair way to compare players? Sure they were common defenses but it's still just one game. That's like saying Team A beat Team B and Team B beat Team C so Team A will beat Team C.

I think overall performance and not one isolated game, even with a common opponent, is a better way to judge.
Ok so dak has won more games?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so dak has won more games?

To be clear I got no dog in the fight, I hate both teams. But unless you are prepared to argue that Bobby Hebert was a better QB than Dan Marino in 1989 because he won more games you will realize there is much more to wins and losses than just the play of the QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I got no dog in the fight, I hate both teams. But unless you are prepared to argue that Bobby Hebert was a better QB than Dan Marino in 1989 because he won more games you will realize there is much more to wins and losses than just the play of the QB.
I have no dog in the fight either . But if the wentz side can pick random stats why can’t i

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is. They are 2 qbs who play NothIng alike. They’re games are so different. It’s like Comparing cam to brees. Cam will never have brees passing numbers, never. But cam has won an mvp, brees hasn’t. Cam got to a Super Bowl, brees won a super bowl. They are both great qbs

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reality is. They are 2 qbs who play NothIng alike. They’re games are so different. It’s like Comparing cam to brees. Cam will never have brees passing numbers, never. But cam has won an mvp, brees hasn’t. Cam got to a Super Bowl, brees won a super bowl. They are both great qbs

Yeah I agree with that. And I'm late to the party and understand I missed a ton of posts. I just saw one game being used and it made no sense to me, neither do wins and losses.

I had Wentz far above Dak before this season. It's not like Dak has played all that much better, Wentz has regressed. so now they are closer. I think people are going a bit crazy today over Dak when the Dallas defense beat the Saints, Dak not so much.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with that. And I'm late to the party and understand I missed a ton of posts. I just saw one game being used and it made no sense to me, neither do wins and losses.

I had Wentz far above Dak before this season. It's not like Dak has played all that much better, Wentz has regressed. so now they are closer. I think people are going a bit crazy today over Dak when the Dallas defense beat the Saints, Dak not so much.

Full disclosure it's really not about Dak or Wentz, it's about one guys Over the Top, Hyperbole, guaranteed MVP statements.

If you really want to understand you'd have to put some time aside and read some of PE's posts in multiple threads over the last year or so.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could take that argument.
Hebert played with one of the greatest defenses ever & I do mean ever. & his stats still sucked to holy hell.
Without looking I am pretty sure Dan Marinos stats in 89' were better than Heberts stats in 89'
Pretty confident he scored more offensive points than hebert as well.

& no. I really dont care enough to go look up any of these stats to prove anything either. So if you decide to disagree with my take. Well I am cool with that too. :)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could take that argument.
Hebert played with one of the greatest defenses ever & I do mean ever. & his stats still sucked to holy hell.
Without looking I am pretty sure Dan Marinos stats in 89' were better than Heberts stats in 89'
Pretty confident he scored more offensive points than hebert as well.

& no. I really dont care enough to go look up any of these stats to prove anything either. So if you decide to disagree with my take. Well I am cool with that too. :)

You realize you just supported my argument right? So why would I disagree with you? To put wins and losses all on the QB without considering all the other factors such as the defense is stupid. Said it when Redskins fans were going ape shit over Alex Smith because he was 6-3 and I'll continue to say it.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full disclosure it's really not about Dak or Wentz, it's about one guys Over the Top, Hyperbole, guaranteed MVP statements.

If you really want to understand you'd have to put some time aside and read some of PE's posts in multiple threads over the last year or so.

Yeah that's just what I plan to do this weekend.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize you just supported my argument right? So why would I disagree with you? To put wins and losses all on the QB without considering all the other factors such as the defense is stupid. Said it when Redskins fans were going ape shit over Alex Smith because he was 6-3 and I'll continue to say it.
well actually I am supporting the argument that when some points at stats to claim something crazy. it is easy to use stats to do the opposite. We have a crazy poster here, & we are literally using his own logic against him. As you were just doing.
I am sure you would have had fun here if you were at the party sooner LOL.

Stats to us
are like
Facts to lawyers.

We can make them say whatever we want!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think stats are still very important. Look up the all time leaders in any meaningful stat (read not wins) and you won't find a QB who was not great. Sure you can make the case of Cam vs Brees (I take Brees ever single time) but for the most part the guy with the better stats is the better player in every sport.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I dont think that, but It think the point was pe1 cherry picks random stats to prove Wentz's greatness. So why not do the same.

In truth I dont care for either QB

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I dont think that, but It think the point was pe1 cherry picks random stats to prove Wentz's greatness. So why not do the same.

In truth I dont care for either QB

doesn't everybody prefer redheads?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesn't everybody prefer redheads?
giphy.gif

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on PE1's side at this point.

The Dak talk isn't even funny when folks are trolling. Really not funny when boy fans are serious.

Bottom third of the league, at best.

the next elite detroit QB will be the first, so let's leave the QB talk to the big boys.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is more fair than what people who are claiming Wentz is light years better than Dak are saying. Which is just talk about player of the month and almost winning MVP.