• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Philly stick with Wentz before going back to Foles?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree with that. And I'm late to the party and understand I missed a ton of posts. I just saw one game being used and it made no sense to me, neither do wins and losses.

I had Wentz far above Dak before this season. It's not like Dak has played all that much better, Wentz has regressed. so now they are closer. I think people are going a bit crazy today over Dak when the Dallas defense beat the Saints, Dak not so much.

Dak is responsible when they lose, no credit when they win. Got it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is responsible when they lose, no credit when they win. Got it.
no shit
but what would you expect when it's a redskin fan and the topic is Dallas? :noidea:

washington is a lot like Dallas, their past championships were all won with NFL elite QB's. :lol:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more fair than what people who are claiming Wentz is light years better than Dak are saying. Which is just talk about player of the month and almost winning MVP.

how many AMVPs does Dak have?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think ROY is better then being in contention for MVP?

Yes. Winning that award proves he was the best out of his draft class. Being in contention for MVP is a nice feat but coming in second or third doesn't get your name on plaque.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think being ROY is better then being in contention for MVP?

I think AMVP is great to think about in terms of the progression of a player, but it isn't an award. And it would be alot more meaningful if Wentz returned to that form rather than going backwards. Sure, you can say he isn't 100%, and that much is obvious from watching him move around. Stats might lead you to believe he has a better completion % and rating this year than last, but the key is 3rd downs and TDs, which are WAY less this year.

And the quick way in which the Eagles started most games last year made it easy to call D because they didn't have to worry about the run as much. Now they aren't scoring early and the D is getting worn out, scrubs on the field or not.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Winning that award proves he was the best out of his draft class. Being in contention for MVP is a nice feat but coming in second or third doesn't get your name on plaque.

I think Wentz wins the MVP if not hurt. I don’t understand though. You’d rather have the best rookie that year or the best over all player. It doesn’t even seem close to me. There a long list of ROY that turned out bad... not MVP.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AMVP is great to think about in terms of the progression of a player, but it isn't an award. And it would be alot more meaningful if Wentz returned to that form rather than going backwards. Sure, you can say he isn't 100%, and that much is obvious from watching him move around. Stats might lead you to believe he has a better completion % and rating this year than last, but the key is 3rd downs and TDs, which are WAY less this year.

And the quick way in which the Eagles started most games last year made it easy to call D because they didn't have to worry about the run as much. Now they aren't scoring early and the D is getting worn out, scrubs on the field or not.

I expected him to struggle this year while he adapted his game and over cane the mental and physical aspects of injuries. He definitely played better last year... the entire team did.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz wins the MVP if not hurt. I don’t understand though. You’d rather have the best rookie that year or the best over all player. It doesn’t even seem close to me. There a long list of ROY that turned out bad... not MVP.

It's a good possibility he might have won but the reality is right now he didn't. MVP means best overall player for that season but doesn't translate into best overall player. I like Wentz and he's a solid QB but for him to be a superstar, he needs to be consistent for several years in a row. Rookie year he looked like a rook, second year was contending for MVP and third year he's been ok. Next year Wentz needs to make that jump to the next level.