• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long does Indy stick with Wentz before going back to brissett?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Wentz isn’t on the team next year. He has guaranteed money coming and the Colts just gave up a first round pick. Next year is the defining year for this clown. If he continues to play the same I think he’s gone. He will get a job somewhere as a back up.

If that happens does that make him a journeyman QB?

:think:

In seriousness, I think you are probably right, Wentz gets one more year. When he fails, which he will, either due to injury or bad play, he will become a career backup. But I don't know that he will last long because he lacks the personality to be a #2 QB. His ego won't accept it and he is not the kind of guy who will be a popular #2 in a locker room.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One is a humble leader, the other is a me-first egotist. Only one really won a SB.
Honestly, as hard on Wentz as I am, I don't think he's a bad guy. He just is not a very good QB when it comes to things like pocket presence, reading defenses quickly and making smart decisions when the pressure is on. And now that his psyche is completely broken, he is basically a Blake Bortles with a little more natural arm talent. He can't be counted on as a leader that can carry a team and I think Reich is starting to realize this now. But Indy sold their stock for a can of magic beans that turned out to be no more than a Walmart can of kidney beans.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just is not a very good QB when it comes to things like pocket presence, reading defenses quickly and making smart decisions when the pressure is on.

Otherwise, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: DJ

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the Colts are saying to Wentz, take the layups, meaning, make the easy play, don't hold the ball, just run the offense and move the sticks. And Wentz...is saying fuck that. Which is...exactly what happened in Philly, happening again.

He'll be out of the league in about two years.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the Colts are saying to Wentz, take the layups, meaning, make the easy play, don't hold the ball, just run the offense and move the sticks. And Wentz...is saying fuck that. Which is...exactly what happened in Philly, happening again.

He'll be out of the league in about two years.

Huh… this is a change in position. Funny how you were able to see it once you took the homer glasses off

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the Colts don't have a 1st rd pick and are stuck with Wentz's cap hit. They would be in the market for a big name QB. They might be anyway though. Ballard really sounds pissed off and rightfully so. Choking their play-offs away to Klown City, USA.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure sounds to me like they might bail on Carson after a year. But from what I read about the Colts, their cap situation is not great and they may be stuck with Wentz now for at least one more season.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure sounds to me like they might bail on Carson after a year. But from what I read about the Colts, their cap situation is not great and they may be stuck with Wentz now for at least one more season.
wentz is owed 28 mil for next year but colts can save 13 by cutting him As of now they have 42 mil in cap space and taylor is a colt for 2 more years

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in awe how Howie got Minnesota to give multiple picks for Bradford and Tennesee give multiple picks for Wentz.

He's not the greatest GM but he sure knows how to swindle some people.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Dallas signing him as their B/U in the future and PE1 making a comeback telling us how Wentz should be the Dallas starter.
Thirty-one other GM's will agree
His "31 other GM's" comments were always classic.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wentz is owed 28 mil for next year but colts can save 13 by cutting him As of now they have 42 mil in cap space and taylor is a colt for 2 more years

I read they have to address Quenton Nelson's contract, not sure what the status is there.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically 27 mil to find a replacement and fill other holes that may come up? They aren't getting any big name QB without some major tinkering.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in awe how Howie got Minnesota to give multiple picks for Bradford and Tennesee give multiple picks for Wentz.

He's not the greatest GM but he sure knows how to swindle some people.

Howie Roseman is great at acquiring picks. He is not so great at drafting with those picks. He's missed too often lately, especially with the high picks like Wentz, Jalen Reagor, JJ Arcega Whiteside, Nelson Agholor, etc. Derek Barnett was pretty good as a rookie but never improved and is going to be allowed to walk in free agency.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh… this is a change in position. Funny how you were able to see it once you took the homer glasses off

I'd say that was maybe part of it, but it was also seeing him play and realizing some of these issues, like him playing "hero ball," were impossible to fix. It's who Wentz is, and many of the people who initially supported him jumped off that bandwagon well before he was traded.

Frankly, he is also kind of an asshole, and that became clear over time. He is a me first guy, not a team guy. The contrast between him and Hurts was massive, and I am not a guy who is sold on Hurts as a starting QB. But as a team leader--night and day compared to Wentz.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say that was maybe part of it, but it was also seeing him play and realizing some of these issues, like him playing "hero ball," were impossible to fix. It's who Wentz is, and many of the people who initially supported him jumped off that bandwagon well before he was traded.

Frankly, he is also kind of an asshole, and that became clear over time. He is a me first guy, not a team guy. The contrast between him and Hurts was massive, and I am not a guy who is sold on Hurts as a starting QB. But as a team leader--night and day compared to Wentz.

almost everything you’ve said here about him is what me and others said about the guy from the beginning. The team was building a shrine to Foles in the locker room but nothing for wentz. whenever that was pointed out to wentz fanboys it was dismissed. Wentz didn’t just suddenly become the guy you described above. He was ALWAYS that guy. How was it others were able to see it when the Wentz fanboys could not?