• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How hard is it to find a QB??

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Purdue run a spread when Drew Brees was there?
I believe they did but that was 15 years ago. We need to reach back that far to find one QB? There was a lot of hype behind Blaine Gabbert, Robert Griffin III, Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Geno Smith, Vince Young, and Matt Leinart. There were still QBs who tore it up in college like Chase Daniels, Graham Harrell, and Case Keenum too but they were never really destined to do much in the NFL.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they did but that was 15 years ago. We need to reach back that far to find one QB? There was a lot of hype behind Blaine Gabbert, Robert Griffin III, Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Geno Smith, Vince Young, and Matt Leinart. There were still QBs who tore it up in college like Chase Daniels, Graham Harrell, and Case Keenum too but they were never really destined to do much in the NFL.
Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton hasn't failed

hasnt been great either

Cam gets away with it because of his athleticism and Carolina doesn't run a pro offense. You take away his athleticism and Newton is near the bottom of the league in completion % and rating. If Carolina got rid of him today you wouldn't see teams falling over themselves for a guy who can't even run a pro system or throw the ball accurately.

And the reason he hasn`t succeeded enough is cause he has no wrs or o-line.
Even the rbs have been suspect until the last few games from J-stew......I would take newton in a heart.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your gonna find out soon enough. He He.

Seriously though, as a Cardinal fan for decades, I have only seen one QB that was worth a shit. Warner. And they picked him up as a backup to Matt Lienart. Most of the time it's a crap shoot.

I guess the answer it... it's extremely hard to find a good franchise QB.

As a Bear fan I can attest to this. :burt:

Its emBearassing..........:frusty: