• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Asterisks

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but again, that is the astros fault that we haven't moved on... When someone does something wrong and doesn't own it, then that just angers everyone else even more....

What are the Astros players supposed to do at this point? Rend their garments and walk naked down Main Street while people scream "Shame! Shame!"?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Astros players supposed to do at this point? Rend their garments and walk naked down Main Street while people scream "Shame! Shame!"?

yes... they should keep their mouths shut... or accept the blame....

defending yourselves only drags this whole thing on for longer... if there is no response back, then we will get bored with the attacks at them... and the media will stop asking questions...

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They don't need to be ripping players that are asked about the situation...that is for damn sure, like Correa. Makes them look even worse. You cheat, don't get a punishment than rip players bc they voice their opinion.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need to be ripping players that are asked about the situation...that is for damn sure, like Correa. Makes them look even worse. You cheat, don't get a punishment than rip players bc they voice their opinion.

Correa should be the first one placed in the dunking booth......Or is that plunking?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet no one is able to find any evidence that the cheating did or did not have a significant impact on the outcome of games.
LOL. Yeah they hide the signs just for the fuck of it. They did it because they liked hearing drums and whistles when they batted. It's called cheating. lol. If it didn't help they wouldn't have done it and it would be called doing useless shit while a teammate bats.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know . If I stole money from someone I think the first thing you do is give your ill gotten gains back. If some guy steals your car I seriously doubt you'd be ok with an I'm sorry as he drove away with your car.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves' Markakis: Every Astro 'needs a beating'

LOL

"It's anger," Markakis told reporters of his reaction to the Astros' scandal and the ensuing response. "I feel like every single guy over there needs a beating. It's wrong. They're messing with people's careers."
"Say you’re in high school taking a test. You cheat on that test; you get a 100. Whatever your grading scale is, you get the top grade. You get called into the principal’s office the next week, right: “Hey, you cheated on the test. We caught you. But we’re gonna fire a teacher instead of firing you.” So now you’re reaping all the benefits of that and now you’re applying for college"?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Yeah they hide the signs just for the fuck of it. They did it because they liked hearing drums and whistles when they batted. It's called cheating. lol. If it didn't help they wouldn't have done it and it would be called doing useless shit while a teammate bats.

I'm sure they believed they were getting a benefit. And it is entirely possible that they DID get a benefit. But the reality is that there is no measurable evidence to suggest that they DID benefit.

I'm sure that someone will listen to every game and look for the bangs and measure the outcomes. Maybe someone has done it already. But so far there has been no reports of such.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they believed they were getting a benefit. And it is entirely possible that they DID get a benefit. But the reality is that there is no measurable evidence to suggest that they DID benefit.

I'm sure that someone will listen to every game and look for the bangs and measure the outcomes. Maybe someone has done it already. But so far there has been no reports of such.

Alex Bregman: Road – .154 BA, .508 OPS; Home – .273 BA, .857 OPS.
Carlos Correa: Road – .211 BA, .626 OPS; Home – .371 BA, 1.164 OPS.
Jose Altuve: Road – .143 BA, .497 OPS; Home – .472 BA, 1.541 OPS.
Brian McCann: Road – .037 BA, .198 OPS; Home – .300 BA, .849 OPS.
Evan Gattis: Road – .200 BA, .533 OPS; Home – .300 BA, 1.014 OPS.

Pretty clear impact there

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet no one is able to find any evidence that the cheating did or did not have a significant impact on the outcome of games.
Well "cheating is cheating", no matter how you look at it. :noidea:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES!!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Say you’re in high school taking a test. You cheat on that test; you get a 100. Whatever your grading scale is, you get the top grade. You get called into the principal’s office the next week, right: “Hey, you cheated on the test. We caught you. But we’re gonna fire a teacher instead of firing you.” So now you’re reaping all the benefits of that and now you’re applying for college.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do know they have road and home splits on players. That will probably give you a good idea on the players who benefited.

And if it weren’t helping the hitters — they would have stopped using it immediately. That’s just common sense.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know . If I stole money from someone I think the first thing you do is give your ill gotten gains back. If some guy steals your car I seriously doubt you'd be ok with an I'm sorry as he drove away with your car.

Except they didn't steal it from someone else. No one had it and they cheated to get it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well unless you did the exact same games with the same exact pitchers at the same time with the same weather conditions without the bangs and the whistles and buzzers there's no way of telling how much it helped but every player that .......isn't and Astro will tell you knowing beforehand what pitch is coming gives you a big advantage. Now you might foul off the pitch or you might hit it at someone or even miss it but there's no argument ( from active players) that it would help and all it takes is a few extra hits and games are tilted because of this.
Just say you don't care or don't want to hurt the Astros feelings or you're an Astro fan in denial but they did it and yes it helps .