• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Asterisks

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time the Astros travel they should find at least a dozen trash cans on/behind their dugout and bullpen being beaten incessantly for the entire game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Manfred used the Player's union as the reason he didn't try to discipline the players.

Cuz it sure seems to me that about 90% of that union is pissed as hell.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that Manfred used the Player's union as the reason he didn't try to discipline the players.

Cuz it sure seems to me that about 90% of that union is pissed as hell.

idk... I think that makes sense... I mean, how do you get the information of what happened without giving people immunity?? and who better to give it to than the players??

The problem is that this has been so mishandled by everyone and the timing of it is awful...

The reason players are coming out now, is because they are coming to Camp, and reporters are asking them questions....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk... I think that makes sense... I mean, how do you get the information of what happened without giving people immunity?? and who better to give it to than the players??

The problem is that this has been so mishandled by everyone and the timing of it is awful...

The reason players are coming out now, is because they are coming to Camp, and reporters are asking them questions....

I guess, but it is interesting you've now got members of one of the strongest unions in the country calling out other members, by name, for cheating.

Manfred completely botched this whole thing. Never in a million years did I think I'd be nostalgic for Bud Selig.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess, but it is interesting you've now got members of one of the strongest unions in the country calling out other members, by name, for cheating.

Manfred completely botched this whole thing. Never in a million years did I think I'd be nostalgic for Bud Selig.

because its easy, topical, and nobody yet told them not to... I mean, come on, players are the most PC interviewers... its nice to see what they say about topics nobody told them what to say or what to not say...

also, there is a mob mentality here going on too...

But the astros have fucked this whole thing up... not talking about the scandal...

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because its easy, topical, and nobody yet told them not to... I mean, come on, players are the most PC interviewers... its nice to see what they say about topics nobody told them what to say or what to not say...

I've never seen players call out other players like this in all my years of watching baseball. Even when the steroid stuff came out, I don't remember players bitching about other players. I'm sure it happened behind closed doors, but these guys (many of the best players in the game) are just putting the Astros on blast. Never seen anything remotely like it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't see them until the last week of the season, remarkably.

But yeah, they are going to have to run the gauntlet for 5 months. I don't know that the players really comprehend how pissed off people are.

Artie Moreno and the Angels let the Dodgers fan club Pantone 294 (the official color that is Dodger Blue) buy a big block of tickets in one of the sections for their opening series against the Astros.

tenor.gif

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen players call out other players like this in all my years of watching baseball. Even when the steroid stuff came out, I don't remember players bitching about other players. I'm sure it happened behind closed doors, but these guys (many of the best players in the game) are just putting the Astros on blast. Never seen anything remotely like it.

that's the astros fault though... this happened wees ago, if not months ago… if the Astros took the blame, this would not be an issue anymore... but they basically said we did nothing wrong, and this happens all around baseball... Nobody wants to hear that...

and now, as players get to camp, they will get interviewed, and that is a topic...

astros handled this situation so poorly, they deserve everything they get... if they owned it, then we would be talking about the next thing by now....

and everytime an astro player defends themselves, it just keeps this situation topical...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team with a scoreboard in center field has a spy inside at one time or another. Cheating started when they threw out the first ball in the first game ever played and it’s been going on ever since. - Rogers Hornsby

Cheating in sports go hand in hand and no sport has embraced cheating like baseball. Sign stealing scandals all the time. The only difference is this one involved a World Series winner and is contemporary.

If MLB really wanted to end sign stealing it would be trivially simple to do so. But they don't. Which makes this all just so much bullshit.

No it's not bullshit. If you have someone who can decipher signs from center field and then when you have a man on second he can look in and maybe tip the batter then thats all fair and been part of the game. When you have a guy with a video camera in real time relaying the signs (fastball or off speed ) to the dugout and they make certain noises so the actual batters one after the another can know whats coming and the manager and bench coaches know, you're talking a whole other level.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not bullshit. If you have someone who can decipher signs from center field and then when you have a man on second he can look in and maybe tip the batter then thats all fair and been part of the game. When you have a guy with a video camera in real time relaying the signs (fastball or off speed ) to the dugout and they make certain noises so the actual batters one after the another can know whats coming and the manager and bench coaches know, you're talking a whole other level.

Taking it to another level if in fact they did have devices. For these guys, as great as they are without stealing signs, having that device is all the difference in the world. Trout is dominating without a device, imagine him with a device. He would be hitting .400 with 60+ HR's

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking it to another level if in fact they did have devices. For these guys, as great as they are without stealing signs, having that device is all the difference in the world. Trout is dominating without a device, imagine him with a device. He would be hitting .400 with 60+ HR's

the angels just haven't been caught yet!!!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard Trouts quote? Asked what it would be like knowing what pitch is coming. "ohhh that would be fun" .. LOL. They guys hit the shit out of balls just guessing or reacting imagine knowing? Ever watched batting practice?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it. They were better at cheating than others and need to be punished for it.

Give them the punishment and move on. All of these players and their bullshit whining about it, isn't helping.

So now Nick Markakis says that these players deserve a "beating". Does every pitcher that cut a ball deserve a beating? Does every player that takes PEDs deserve a beating?

They aren't going to take away the Astros WS rings and they can't realistically punish any of the players. So what? They are going to start throwing at players? That will make things better?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. They were better at cheating than others and need to be punished for it.

Give them the punishment and move on. All of these players and their bullshit whining about it, isn't helping.

So now Nick Markakis says that these players deserve a "beating". Does every pitcher that cut a ball deserve a beating? Does every player that takes PEDs deserve a beating?

They aren't going to take away the Astros WS rings and they can't realistically punish any of the players. So what? They are going to start throwing at players? That will make things better?

I agree but again, that is the astros fault that we haven't moved on... When someone does something wrong and doesn't own it, then that just angers everyone else even more....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All these guys are competitive, this is their living and their dream since they were young was to not only get to the league but to win a World Series...it pisses them off and some overreaction but those are words from any competitor. They are pissed the players aren't taking responsibility for their actions and the league will not punish them, I mean they are asked the questions--they are just giving their opinion on the matter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard Trouts quote? Asked what it would be like knowing what pitch is coming. "ohhh that would be fun" .. LOL. They guys hit the shit out of balls just guessing or reacting imagine knowing? Ever watched batting practice?

And yet no one is able to find any evidence that the cheating did or did not have a significant impact on the outcome of games.