• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston Asterisks

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now that this doofus has promised to punish anyone who hits Astros batters with a pitch, what is to prevent the Astros from leaning into inside pitches to gain another cheap advantage?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real hatred didn't come until very late in their careers and even then the home crowd was still sucking their dicks (possibly behind a cheesecake factory). For most of their careers it was just the normal hatred you get from opposing crowds when you're a great player. But if you're wondering how players are able to perform under conditions like that I'll give you one word--Rationalization.

I think for Clemens it's true that the hate was more towards the end of his career. Plus, Clemens had a special deal where he didn't even need to be with the team most of the time. Bonds, however, got it for most of his career. He wasn't well-liked by the media and fans of opposingteams, and when the PEDs thing happened, it intensified, but he was already hated.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now that this doofus has promised to punish anyone who hits Astros batters with a pitch, what is to prevent the Astros from leaning into inside pitches to gain another cheap advantage?

Hopefully someone throws at Manfred......

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully someone throws at Manfred......

Manfred makes me think I almost owe Goodell an apology for some of my criticism of his reign of terror in the NFL.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all supposed to buy that these Astros players didn't know they were cheating because one of their front office people forgot (finger quotes) to tell them this was illegal. LOL. That's pretty stupid and it's hilarious he expects people to buy that.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for Clemens it's true that the hate was more towards the end of his career. Plus, Clemens had a special deal where he didn't even need to be with the team most of the time. Bonds, however, got it for most of his career. He wasn't well-liked by the media and fans of opposingteams, and when the PEDs thing happened, it intensified, but he was already hated.
Yeah that's true, I guess Bonds wasn't really media friendly for most of his career. And come to think of it, now I remember Clemens did have some kind of feud with Mike Piazza at some point.
But judging by some comments by Cody Bellinger this Astros thing could be even worse in terms of guys being hated by other players. I guess we'll see how it plays out. Has Verlander's wife checked in on social media to address this issue?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you have to ask, who isn't cheating on this team?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should get an Astros shirt just so I can troll Yankees fans around me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team with a scoreboard in center field has a spy inside at one time or another. Cheating started when they threw out the first ball in the first game ever played and it’s been going on ever since. - Rogers Hornsby

Cheating in sports go hand in hand and no sport has embraced cheating like baseball. Sign stealing scandals all the time. The only difference is this one involved a World Series winner and is contemporary.

If MLB really wanted to end sign stealing it would be trivially simple to do so. But they don't. Which makes this all just so much bullshit.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why baseball is a second tier shit rate sport. Half a billion unwritten rules where some slack jawed phaggot throws a 90 mph fastball at your head 2 years after violation of some unspoken rule. Clear cheating was done, MLB rushes a half ass punishment without thoroughly looking into everything going on and will not go back and correct because they look like jack-asses if they did. And no instant replay.

Fuck you Jim Joyce and MLB as a whole. Pretty much gave up on baseball after that
Jim Joyce for president!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought, I guess there is a chance that some angry drunken Dodgers fan could think one of the kids is actually Jose Altuve.....

Lolz.

Back in the day, I used to love to fuck with Cardinals fans by saying this pic is actually of Eckstein waiting to get into Busch Stadium.

Eckstein.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you have to ask, who isn't cheating on this team?

Yep. Remember all that beef between Trevor Bauer and the Astros when he kept calling out how veteran pitchers kept going to the Astros and having the spin rates on their pitched balls explode? This gives all of that some more credibility.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Remember all that beef between Trevor Bauer and the Astros when he kept calling out how veteran pitchers kept going to the Astros and having the spin rates on their pitched balls explode? This gives all of that some more credibility.

Bauer has never been one to stay quiet, so given the history, I should have expected he'd be all over this.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/14/trevor-bauer-hammers-astros-in-expletive-laced-tirade/

Bauer’s anger extended to Astros owner Jim Crane, who told media Thursday he believes the trash can-banging plan “didn’t impact the game.”

“ ‘We don’t think it affected the game.’ You’re either lying or you’re a f–king idiot,” Bauer said. “And don’t become a billionaire owner of a team by being a f–king idiot. So, you’re lying.”

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya'll laughing at this but....

Second all-time in career hit by pitches.

They know what they are doing.