• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone checking out The Outsider on Hbomax? I liked the first episode but haven't had time to go back yet.

So far it's very true crime to begin, but it's based on a Stephen King work so something's coming.

Jason Bateman starring and directing.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone checking out The Outsider on Hbomax? I liked the first episode but haven't had time to go back yet.

So far it's very true crime to begin, but it's based on a Stephen King work so something's coming.

Jason Bateman starring and directing.
Read the book and it wasn't bad. Yes, something's coming.

I really like Jason Bateman's work, so I think I'm gonna check it out as well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the new V/H/S/94 (2021) last night... It was ok. Good practical fx work, but each story was way too drawn out and lagged the entire scare experience. Felt like each clip could have been shortened at least 10 minutes to up the suspense. I am genuinely curious if they filmed this on an old VHS cam-corder, because they nailed the old-school video distortion. Took me back to my childhood

The Good Nanny (2017)... I should stop letting my wife pick movies, because she almost always finds a Lifetime Movie Network "horror/thriller". Tried to give it a chance, but the try-hard score always takes me out of it. I lost interest about 20minutes in and fell asleep.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I struggle so much with these movies… I want so badly to like them. They nail the atmosphere, Michael, linking the story & pay a lot of homage to the original… and yet they completely ignore logical decision making & just gloss over pivotal plot progression points.

I was very critical of the 2019 movie… so much so that I felt guilty of setting too high of standards for it. I am trying really hard not to do the same for Halloween Kills, but it is very difficult. I went into it with lower expectations & I think I enjoyed it more (still digesting), but again it was difficult to ignore some of the forced plot threads in it that just werent necessary at all. I loved how they mainly just let Michael be Michael though. The mob scene at the end was just stupid though.
For me, as an admitted Halloween/John Carpenter fanboy, I really enjoyed the 2018 Halloween as a straightforward sequel to the original. Throwing away the crazed plotlines of the Thorn trilogy, or the Busta Ryhmes b.s. was a nice direction. However there were some really bad things, such as the crazed doctor helping Michael and driving him around was forced, ridiculous, and stupid, the fact that Laurie stayed in the area when she was so traumatized by the idea he might escape someday, the house itself, which was a cool concept but poorly executed, etc.

While the original Halloween is a near perfectly executed movie, all of the sequels struggle on some level.
Even the original Halloween 2 (not the Rob Zombie one) had serious issues. I have loved that movie since I saw it way back in the early '80s but the hospital security guard bumbling around was just dumb, the Ben Trammer getting plowed by a police car into the side of a van at 40 miles an hour for no good, explainable reason, etc.

Because of the large inconsistencies in quality throughout the franchise I am willing to embrace the new movies for their positives. If they hadn't been Halloween franchise movies then I probably would have been a bit more critical of the issues (which is a bit weird).

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, as an admitted Halloween/John Carpenter fanboy, I really enjoyed the 2018 Halloween as a straightforward sequel to the original. Throwing away the crazed plotlines of the Thorn trilogy, or the Busta Ryhmes b.s. was a nice direction. However there were some really bad things, such as the crazed doctor helping Michael and driving him around was forced, ridiculous, and stupid, the fact that Laurie stayed in the area when she was so traumatized by the idea he might escape someday, the house itself, which was a cool concept but poorly executed, etc.

While the original Halloween is a near perfectly executed movie, all of the sequels struggle on some level.
Even the original Halloween 2 (not the Rob Zombie one) had serious issues. I have loved that movie since I saw it way back in the early '80s but the hospital security guard bumbling around was just dumb, the Ben Trammer getting plowed by a police car into the side of a van at 40 miles an hour for no good, explainable reason, etc.

Because of the large inconsistencies in quality throughout the franchise I am willing to embrace the new movies for their positives. If they hadn't been Halloween franchise movies then I probably would have been a bit more critical of the issues (which is a bit weird).

I had the same problem with the previous film (crazy doctor), but really enjoyed the rest of the film. HK was a solid followup IMO.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The acting is blah, the writing is blah at best, the story leaves so much to be desired and it NEVER pays off. There is really nothing to take away from this film. Ironically, it is a movie where I think it would have been better if it was all a dream in the end. Best I can do is a 4 out of 10.

01-old-dm-mainstage-mobile-banner-1080x793-ra-f01-052521-60afb7b18d105-1.jpg

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went Old School the other day.

Taste the Blood of Dracula was not only a great horror movie, it had Boobies! :nod::nod::nod:

Frankie? Whoof, what a bad movie. I somewhat enjoyed it for nostalgia's sake. Don't believe the Hammer hype! ;)

dracc.jpeg
franky.jpg

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I am digging this trailer. It feels different from the other Scream movies. From the trailer, ghostface feels more in the echelon of Michael Meyers. The trailer feels more ghostface central than it does of a known killer like the other movies.. not sure I said that the way I wanted to lol. Granted, it is a trailer. Plus I liked the sound and music design of the trailer as well. Ghostface feels more mean, gritty, more violent than usual, maybe its the voice idk.. but again, it is only the trailer lol.

Oh and the "Hello Sydney... it's an honor" just tickled me pink. I fucking loved that.

Pretty sad how Courtney Cox looks, all that plastic or botox doesn't look good and I thought she looks her best in the first scream movie.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, I am digging this trailer. It feels different from the other Scream movies. From the trailer, ghostface feels more in the echelon of Michael Meyers. The trailer feels more ghostface central than it does of a known killer like the other movies.. not sure I said that the way I wanted to lol. Granted, it is a trailer. Plus I liked the sound and music design of the trailer as well. Ghostface feels more mean, gritty, more violent than usual, maybe its the voice idk.. but again, it is only the trailer lol.

Oh and the "Hello Sydney... it's an honor" just tickled me pink. I fucking loved that.

Pretty sad how Courtney Cox looks, all that plastic or botox doesn't look good and I thought she looks her best in the first scream movie.

I think maybe what I was trying to say is that I kind of want it to go that Meyers route, where we never really know or see him and he slips away. Kind of ridiculous with this being the 5th movie and every movie has new killers and I am sure some of the fun for the audience is trying to guess on clues throughout the film to who the killer may be, but Idk, I would like this one to be different.

Here's to hoping...

crossed-fingers_1f91e.png

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The opening kill in the trailer feels like the opening scene, an homage to the Barrymore opening scene from the original. I loved how the light was off behind her, so when Ghostface jumps out, all you can really see at first is his face. Awesome.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a movie called Malevolent last night, a story that's been told a million times, con artist "ghost hunter" types stumble onto an actual haunted house. Wasn't bad, it's a watchable movie. Not sure how scary it is andvtge pacing was all over the place. But decent story, good setting and Florence Pugh is easy on the eyes.

Just finished season 2 of Creepshow and love it. There's some misses but for the most part I dig them.

Rewatched the original Creepshow yesterday, still one of my faves. As someone that battles ivy all over their property the Stephen King/meteor storyline really hit home (I'm guessing he was also battling ivy when he thought up this idea).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still going Old School today.

If you consider yourself a horror movie fan, you should see this. You'll be glad you did. View attachment 282059

Been looking to get into the old school monster classics but they're very hit or miss. I'll definitely check this out, any other suggestions are welcomed. Thinking about ripping through some of the Christopher Lee ones (loved Horror Express).

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still going Old School today.

If you consider yourself a horror movie fan, you should see this. You'll be glad you did. View attachment 282059
Not only is the movie really good but the Hollywood feud between Crawford and Davis is legendary. The shit they pulled is a laundry list of petty snarkiness up to serious fuckery.

It puts a whole new perspective on the movie when you realize how much those 2 really hated each other.

Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte was also supposed to star both of them but Crawford backed out. It is also a solid flick and worth a watch.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The acting is blah, the writing is blah at best, the story leaves so much to be desired and it NEVER pays off. There is really nothing to take away from this film. Ironically, it is a movie where I think it would have been better if it was all a dream in the end. Best I can do is a 4 out of 10.

01-old-dm-mainstage-mobile-banner-1080x793-ra-f01-052521-60afb7b18d105-1.jpg
Yeah, I saw this at the drive in theater awhile back. I liked it a bit more than you but it was underwhelming.
It would have been better as a 30 minute Twilight Zone episode, but didn't work well as a full length film.
It was slightly better than the uninspired 2nd feature The Forever Purge though.
So I finally went to the local drive-in last night for the first time in decades. The double feature was M. Night Shyamalan's Old and The Forever Purge.

Neither movie was bad but neither was particularly good either.

Old centers around a group of people at a tropical resort who end up at a beach where time moves much faster.
I won't go into any more details as to avoid spoilers but it plays out more like a Twilight Zone episode and probably would have been better as a 30-45 minute story than a full length feature. It has some cool concepts that sit right next to big plot holes, and the Shyamalan twist wasn't as impactful as usual.
5.5 to 6ish outta 10 range.

The Forever Purge is the purge under the concept that a nationwide movement continues to purge permanently instead of a 12 hour limit and it follows a group trying to escape across the border.
It had the potential to be a batshit crazy ride like The Domestics but instead kinda just turns into an action movie with a bunch of characters I didn't really care about despite quite a bit of development. Just too cookie-cutter.
5 outta 10.

Both movies were professionally done and look pretty good (with the exception of the too dark fighting scenes in Forever Purge). Both movies seem to move the stories along at a decent pace. Most fxs were ok except some bad cgi, mostly in FP but also some in Old. Both movies had generally decent acting and editing. Sadly the screenplays both came up a bit short.

It was cool to see some flicks under the stars at the old drive-in theatre though!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw this at the drive in theater awhile back. I liked it a bit more than you but it was underwhelming.
It would have been better as a 30 minute Twilight Zone episode, but didn't work well as a full length film.
It was slightly better than the uninspired 2nd feature The Forever Purge though.
I've got a friend at work who raves about Old.

I've got some serious up and down issues with Shamalama Ding Dong myself.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been looking to get into the old school monster classics but they're very hit or miss. I'll definitely check this out, any other suggestions are welcomed. Thinking about ripping through some of the Christopher Lee ones (loved Horror Express).
His Dracula movies are well worth checking out. Dude had some serious acting chops. The one where he played the Frankenstein Monster was pretty good as well.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is spot on. I would totally agree with that.