• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kung-fu-priest.gif
Dead Alive (or Brain Dead if you prefer) reference! Great movie!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the third Conjuring movie. Thought it was okay but nothing I need to watch again. I did like that it relied more on suspense than it did the cheap jump scares that a lot of other movies normally do.
I wanted to watch Mothman Prophecies as well since I just listened to a podcast about it but it’s not available to stream, so watching a documentary on it instead. I’m thinking about watching either The Fourth Kind or Dark Skies tomorrow night. And also, sooner or later, I might try to watch Train to Busan as well.

The Conjuring "The devil made me do it"

Watched it yesterday ...never been a big fan of the "possession" movies but I thought this one was the best of the Conjuring movies.
Very interesting plot line and kept the possession scenes in balance with good suspense.

Solid 7 in my book.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my sisters got me a Joe Bob Briggs tee-shirt, plus....wait for it......a birthday video from the world's greatest drive-in movie critic himself!

I'll see if I can figure out the download on the video. Joe Bob recommended a lot of obscure stuff, much I've never even heard of.

In the meantime, here is the shirt front. Lots of horror stuff, but not the typical Jason/Freddie/Michael level. Instead it is Sleepaway Camp, Chopping Mall, The Hills Have Eyes type stuff.

See how many you can guess!

20211026_161311.jpg

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Conjuring "The devil made me do it"

Watched it yesterday ...never been a big fan of the "possession" movies but I thought this one was the best of the Conjuring movies.
Very interesting plot line and kept the possession scenes in balance with good suspense.

Solid 7 in my book.
200w.gif

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched both Escape Room movies for the first time over the weekend. They are semi-interesting, but ultimately too unbelievable which takes away from the fun in my opinion. Feels like a reimagined Saw. Nothing absolutely terrible, but nothing worth really remembering either. Fun for some time to kill.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears I cannot post my video from Joe Bob Briggs here (if someone knows otherwise, let me know). He recommends movies such as Spirits of the Dead, which is a European horror movie from famous directors including Fellini(!), and Coffin Joe, the very first Brazilian horror director.

In the meantime, I'll try to list what movies I can from the Sgt Pepper's horror homage:
20211026_161311.jpg

Starting from top left and working down:
1. Frog head- It looks like Hell Comes to Frogtown.
2. Death metal guy- from one of my favs- Deathgasm!
3. Werewolf in sunglasses- Wolf Cop
4. Snowman- Jack Frost (holding his carrot nose that he sexually assaults Shannon Elizabeth with).
5. Robot- Chopping Mall (Top 5 all time head explosion in it)
6. Man melting next to soda can- The Stuff
7. Creature under manhole cover (under the "J" in Joe Bob)- C.H.U.D.
......working up the next row to the right.....
8. Metal guy with drill guitar- I was thinking Trick or Treat, but it is Slumber Party Massacre 2 (I had to look it up. Part 1 just had a drill, Part 2 has the drill guitar).
9. Figure with pitchfork- I was thinking The Scarecrow, but he appears to be wearing a helmet? Not sure.
10. Orange face creature- I'm not sure!
11. Pissed off guy with video game controller- The Angry Video Game Nerd from Cinemassacre. (I saw him interview Joe Bob a couple of times)
Note: I'm not sure but I think there are several horror hosts on this.
12. Gargoyle creature- maybe Tales From the Darkside?
.....top of row 3 and heading down....
13. Mutant with pointy head- The Hills Have Eyes.
14. White robed guy with hedge clippers- Exorcist 3
15. Bald head peaking up- Not sure but seems familiar. Some sort of vampire?
16. Tall man with metal ball- Phantasm!
....heading up row 4.....
17. Cop with zombie looking face- At first I thought maybe They Live, but then remembered Maniac Cop.
18. Clown faced guy- not sure. Maybe another horror host?
19. Grim Reaper with scythe- not sure.
....next row....
20. Bug eyed guy- not sure. Kinda looks like Peter Lorre?
21. Dinosaur- Probably Carnosaur but maybe Tammy and the T-Rex?

-The 4 folks standing above the drum are Joe Bob's "band" on the left and right with Joe Bob and Darcy the mail girl in the middle
....above J.B. and Darcy.....
22. Skull in surgical gear- Re-Animator!
23. Wendigo looking creature- not sure.
24. Bandaged head with cut mouth grin- not sure.
25. Dark figure with overcoat, hat and chainsaw- not sure.
26. Normal handsome guy with beard stubble- not sure. Is it supposed to be Bruce Campbell?
27. Balding guy with tux- it looks like Reggie from Phantasm but we already have that. Not sure.
......back to top.....
28. Stretched out mutant face- not sure.
29. Rounded mutant face- I think it is from Hatchet?
.....back to top again....
30. Glowing eyes with jawa robes- Again, I think Phantasm, but we already had that.....so.... not sure??
31. Fat guy with black hair and sunglasses- seems familiar but I'm not sure.
32. Zombie corpse lady with flowers- again, familiar but not sure.
33. Hairy creature with glowing eyes- not sure.
34. Young girl in shorts- Sleepaway Camp
35. Creature peeking out of basket- Basketcase
.....just off to the left, above the "O"....
36. Boy doll next to pumpkin- not sure. Maybe Dead of Night?
....back to the far right and then going up....
37. Weird small black creature growing out of flower patch- not sure. Maybe Troll or the infamous Troll 2?
38. Guy melting into toilet- I haven't seen it, but it is apparently a 70s movie called Street Trash. I know this because it is considered to be the first graphic body horror melting scene.
39. Chick impaled on pole- Cannibal Holocaust
40. Dark man with glowing eyes- not sure
41. Older guy with open mouth- it looks like Bela Lugosi to me.
42. Santa Claus with scalpel- Silent Night, Deadly Night.

If anyone had any answers or corrections, please let me know!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is kinda the point. "The Shape" (Michael) was originally supposed to be an unknown and non-descript entity that exists in the darkness. He isn't supposed to be a hulking Jason Vorhees.
Now all of this was convoluted with the many sequels and timelines, which leads the average viewer to not really comprehend the story and original purpose. The whole point of the new movies is to return to the original concept as being written by John Carpenter, Danny McBride (surprisingly), and their team.

Admittedly the hulking Tyler Mayne was one of the very few things I liked about the shitty abortions of RZ Halloween movies (fuck you Rob!) but at no point was Michael ever supposed to be a giant, intimidating monster. It is actually the antithesis of the character.
I’ve heard Carpenter say a lot of his critiques about the mythology but I don’t understand why he shot the 1st one the way he did because it doesn’t have the viewer think any of the ways he says now or has you describe the antithesis of what the character was suppose to be. It isn’t shot in a way that is has some deep concept that viewers need to figure out or leave anything really up for interruption. Since Halloween II came out it’s almost as is if he is embarrassed by Halloween so he keeps making up excuses that really make no sense.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last Night In Soho is a great flick. Best Horror release this month IMO.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old School continued.

I really wasn't crazy about ol' Doc Phibes movies, too much Adam West/Batman schtick goin' on.

That said, some cool visuals, especially if you're havin' a drink or two at 3 am. ;)

phibes.jpg

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, y'all Horror Movie Experts!

Name this movie and if you've ever seen it, please give an opinion.

If I have to name the woman pictured, I will be embarrassed for each and every one of you.

250917594_10227268927254066_5645710513881232388_n.jpg