• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried watching Carnival of Souls this past weekend and it was a struggle. I know it's a classic and I'm sure at it's time it was revolutionary and terrifying but the FX and makeup are brutally dated. Made it impossible to be "scared" of the ghouls.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a couple the last few days...

No One Gets Out Alive (2021)
On Netflix! Sorry but if a rental flyer saying "Only Women Allowed" with 2 male redneck landlords doesn't warn you of impending danger, then I don't really feel sorry for you lol. Not a bad movie but it burns slow with some typical run-of-the-mill haunted house scares scattered throughout. The ghost feet is a cool trick though, no matter how many times you see it. The final 20mins or so make it a bit more worth it, if only just to see the creature in the final scenes. Probably see that thing in some nightmares later on lol... At first it looks like somethin out of a Hellboy or Layrinth, but then the frackin underbelly teeth as it squatted on the columns... yea that churned my stomach. Kudos. Worthwhile watch if you're into haunted house films. Has some cool cinematography & symbolism, but a lot of it gets drowned out by the slow pacing.

There's Someone Inside Your House (2021)
On Netflix! Decent little slasher film with almost zero surprises. Even the slasher turns out to be someone you can predict from very early on. Smallish cast so pretty easy. Nothing particularly memorable about it, but it had some decent gore. It gets a little overly "angsty-teen" at times, and falls victim to some of the tropes & stereotyping that typically comes with that territory. About average & still worth the watch, but it really wasn't that scary or unique as far as slashers go.

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried watching Carnival of Souls this past weekend and it was a struggle. I know it's a classic and I'm sure at it's time it was revolutionary and terrifying but the FX and makeup are brutally dated. Made it impossible to be "scared" of the ghouls.
That one is all about ambience and creepy feeling. Yeah there isn't a lot else to it but it was low budget even for the time so it is decent considering.
I haven't seen it since the early 90s. I suppose I should give it a rewatch at some point.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.
tumblr_mxdhm7q8vb1rijbg1o1_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: DJ

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forever Purge (2021)… If you’ve seen the last 3 (everything since the 1st movie) then you know what to expect. Survival thriller with very little horror focus. This movie tried to take on more socioeconomic political & racial subtext. It wasn’t bad, but the antagonists were much more of an afterthought in this film which was disappointing. Not much of the cool flair from the previous movies.

Escape Room: Tournament of Champions (2021)… Very solid sequel. The daddy-daughter duo that turned out to be the masterminds behind the business was a little odd but it worked ok. Great set & escape designs! Which is main source of entertainment.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halloween Kills was alright. Maybe could’ve been really great had Rudd came back. Anthony Michael Hall just can’t be taken seriously in a franchise.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Martyr Lane on Shudder, meh. Pretty predictable "twist", too slow of a burn for the payoff.

Watching There's Someone Inside Your House now, it's terrible but exactly what I thought it would be. So good terrible.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it back, There's Someone Inside Your House is full on Hollywood cuntiness. Everyone is hateable, awful outlook on society. Pass.