• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it is good but I get multiple red flags from that preview:
*Uses reference to popular movie in the title to get your attention.
*Several shots in the preview seem directly lifted from The Blair Witch Project, including the trinkets hanging from the trees.
*Eric Roberts. His career hasn't been very strong for decades now.

A quick search provides this info:
*The production company Elkes Pictures seemed to be created for solely for this picture(?) If that is the case then it could indicate that they may be cooking to books to hide any profits, or they may just close the company after the picture as a tax right off. I am not clear on this but I've heard such tales before.
*Apparently the Eric Roberts scenes were done in a single day by a seperate film crew in the USA. I wouldn't be surprised if he made them come to his house/property to do it.
*The Hungarian writer/director is becoming prolific in B-movie schlock in recent years. He has broken into the world market in recent years via his well-received 2014 film Bodom (not to be confused with the Finnish 2016 film Lake Bodim. At least I assume they are not the same film because the trailers but is hard to tell). Anyways, Bodom scores in the mid-5 range on IMDB, while the other feature lengths he does seem to fall in the low to upper 3 range.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it is good but I get multiple red flags from that preview:
*Uses reference to popular movie in the title to get your attention.
*Several shots in the preview seem directly lifted from The Blair Witch Project, including the trinkets hanging from the trees.
*Eric Roberts. His career hasn't been very strong for decades now.

A quick search provides this info:
*The production company Elkes Pictures seemed to be created for solely for this picture(?) If that is the case then it could indicate that they may be cooking to books to hide any profits, or they may just close the company after the picture as a tax right off. I am not clear on this but I've heard such tales before.
*Apparently the Eric Roberts scenes were done in a single day by a seperate film crew in the USA. I wouldn't be surprised if he made them come to his house/property to do it.
*The Hungarian writer/director is becoming prolific in B-movie schlock in recent years. He has broken into the world market in recent years via his well-received 2014 film Bodom (not to be confused with the Finnish 2016 film Lake Bodim. At least I assume they are not the same film because the trailers but is hard to tell). Anyways, Bodom scores in the mid-5 range on IMDB, while the other feature lengths he does seem to fall in the low to upper 3 range.
Good stuff man! To be honest I wasn't overly impressed or excited about it. Whenever I stumble across a trailer that looks half decent I usually dump it in here lol.

Trailer... I was a bit confused about the title as well since most everything in the trailer looked more like a possession flick. But I wasn't paying close attention lol. Definitely a draw to the Blair Witch crowd.

Eric Roberts... Funny thing is I just rewatched The Expendables a few days ago for the first time since it came out... As soon as I saw him in the movie I remembered seeing him in this trailer. Funny coincidence.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk head explosions!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eyr5SrVWQAEQ7nm

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the first 2 episodes of THEM on Amazon, pretty solid so far. The ratio has been 90% 1950s racism 10% horror but I believe that ratio is about ready to flip and I'm really hoping it pays off.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks good!

Is it by the same folks that did the 2 other fan films we discussed here? Because both of those (particularly Never Hike Alone I believe as opposed to Never Hike in the Snow) were better than most of the official movies.

I do have some questions after the trailer though. Zombie Pamela Vorhees? Well, at least that is different. Maybe a Jason dream sequence? I don't know.

I tried to look it up and immediately found this link to 8 other Friday the 13th fan films that I'd never heard of (except Freddy vs Jason vs Ash which was a comic book and rumored as a possible movie for years).

I guess Friday the 13th fan stuff is easier to make than most as it is generally young folks running through the woods and getting hacked up?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish me luck, guys....

Heading to Vegas on Sunday....getting married on Friday 25th, coming back on Sun 27th.....moving to Nashville late Sep/early Oct.
Best wishes, bro! :)

Reactions: DJ

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish me luck, guys....

Heading to Vegas on Sunday....getting married on Friday 25th, coming back on Sun 27th.....moving to Nashville late Sep/early Oct.
Can you invite all of us horror nuts to the ceremony & reception? We promise to contain ourselves...

Wedding Crashers Movie GIF by filmeditor

Congrats my man! Can't believe you're already moving again! Feels like its only been several months since you settled up in Montana.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not horror but looked like a promising sci-fi thriller... Chaos Walking

That was a clumsy, half-baked mess of a film. I admit I wasn’t paying close enough attention, but it did little to captivate us aside from the cat & mouse chase. Tom Holland & Daisy Ridley, 2 of the most promising up & comers in Hollywood, were a waste in this movie. Honestly all I’m going to remember is a disturbing dog murder and nothing else lol.

And since my wife & I were fairly blitzed at the time we threw on a terrible looking supernatural horror called The Resort (2021). Lol it was so bad but somehow we stuck with it. It had absolutely zero suspense for 90% of the film. Not because it tried & failed... no... this was because they didn’t even attempt to create suspense & rather completely ignored that this was a horror movie aside from the plot. Basically get to watch a group of idiots go hiking for a half hour with tons of pointless dialogue, and a gratuitous slow-motion bikini swim at a waterfall, before ultimately crash landing into a quick climactic finish. Aside from a helicopter ride filled with b-roll shots of the tropical island, they saved every last penny they were afforded to make a scary climax. Honestly that climax wasn’t half bad though. Pretty cool practical fx used.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen Melancholia? I was told it was horror, but I would not classify it as such. It was a pretty artsy film, with some very nice visuals. Been waiting to see Kirsten Dunst like that since Bring It On came out lol.

Idk, all in all, I wasn't a fan. The acting was good, but the story and character developments lacked a lot in my opinion. Idk if I was supposed to care for any of the characters or not, but I never really saw a reason to. Very strange movie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could debate some of the genre decisions (A Cure For Wellness is a thriller and not a horror movie?!? Really??) but overall a good list (or lists).

Good luck with the wedding and best wishes @DJ !
I laughed at Tusk being on there... but the rest was pretty solid list