• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone seen Melancholia? I was told it was horror, but I would not classify it as such. It was a pretty artsy film, with some very nice visuals. Been waiting to see Kirsten Dunst like that since Bring It On came out lol.

Idk, all in all, I wasn't a fan. The acting was good, but the story and character developments lacked a lot in my opinion. Idk if I was supposed to care for any of the characters or not, but I never really saw a reason to. Very strange movie.
Haven't seen it. Looked interesting but negative reviews shut down my interest.

The real question: At any time is Dunst soaking wet in a cotton top?
20210418_091433.jpg

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen any Uruguayan horror before? Me neither!

However The Last Matinee aka Red Screening (2020) (I see it listed under both titles. Also don't confuse it with Last Matinee from '09)

Giallo style slasher about people getting slaughtered at a movie theatre. It is getting good reviews but I know some will not abide the subtitles. Maybe a dubbed version will also become available at some point?

I am intrigued.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen it. Looked interesting but negative reviews shut down my interest.

The real question: At any time is Dunst soaking wet in a cotton top?
View attachment 269040

That was one of the reasons I checked it out, it got solid reviews.

7.2/10 on IMDB
80% Metacritic
80% RT

and it is a decent artsy film, very cinematic opening scene, but just not my cup of tea.

Also... you get to see Dunst completely nude, full rack in multiple scenes.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the reasons I checked it out, it got solid reviews.

7.2/10 on IMDB
80% Metacritic
80% RT

and it is a decent artsy film, very cinematic opening scene, but just not my cup of tea.

Also... you get to see Dunst completely nude, full rack in multiple scenes.
Lol! Well, I read a negative one somewhere and apparently that was enough to dissuade me.

Has @Chef99 been notified of the full on skin yet??

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody catch the Chainsaw Awards hosted by Fangoria last night? Seeing The Invisible Man took home 5 of the bigger awards.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dpuQ-kzP

Best Wide Release Movie: The Invisible Man (2020)
Best Limited Release Movie: Color Out of Space (2020)
Best Streaming Premiere: Host (2020)
Best First Feature: Come To Daddy (2020)
Best International Movie: La Llorona (2020)
Best Director: Leigh Whannell - The Invisible Man (2020)
Best Screenplay: Leigh Whannell - The Invisible Man (2020)
Best Lead Performance: Elisabeth Moss - The Invisible Man (2020)
Best Supporting Performance: Clancy Brown - The Mortuary Collection (2020)
Best Score: Jim Williams - Possessor (2020)
Best Kill: Emily's Death (Throat Slash) - The Invisible Man (2020)
Achievement In Non-Fiction: The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs
Best Series: What We Do In the Shadows
Best Creature FX: Dan Martin - Color Out of Space (2020)
Best Makeup FX: Dan Martin - Possessor (2020)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soft ass year for horror in general, so I hate to complain... but I don't know why certain movies didn't even make the ballot? Property rights issue? Seeing Freaky on almost every single voting section was madly disappointing.

Movies not on the ballot:
Death of Me
Fantasy Island
Ghosts of War
The Grudge
The Empty Man
The Boy II
The Rental
Come Play
No Escape
Black Box
Let It Snow
Body Cam
The Turning
#Alive
The Block Island Sound
Shortcut
Peninsula
Hunter Hunter

EzRIAxuVoA0H6ko

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dpuQ-kzP

Best Wide Release Movie: The Invisible Man (2020)
Best Limited Release Movie: Color Out of Space (2020)
Best Streaming Premiere: Host (2020)
Best First Feature: Come To Daddy (2020)
Best International Movie: La Llorona (2020)
Best Director: Leigh Whannell - The Invisible Man (2020)
Best Screenplay: Leigh Whannell - The Invisible Man (2020)
Best Lead Performance: Elisabeth Moss - The Invisible Man (2020)
Best Supporting Performance: Clancy Brown - The Mortuary Collection (2020)
Best Score: Jim Williams - Possessor (2020)
Best Kill: Emily's Death (Throat Slash) - The Invisible Man (2020)
Achievement In Non-Fiction: The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs
Best Series: What We Do In the Shadows
Best Creature FX: Dan Martin - Color Out of Space (2020)
Best Makeup FX: Dan Martin - Possessor (2020)
Yeah, as I mentioned when I first saw it, I didn't think very highly of The Invisbile Man.

It was a slow year though, I haven't seen as much as I would like, but partly blame the marketers of the movies lol. Covid shut a lot of stuff down, so they should have come out with inventive ways to either make the movie known or make it more easily accessible, I feel like I need to have like 18 different streaming services to be able to watch all of these. lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as I mentioned when I first saw it, I didn't think very highly of The Invisbile Man.

It was a slow year though, I haven't seen as much as I would like, but partly blame the marketers of the movies lol. Covid shut a lot of stuff down, so they should have come out with inventive ways to either make the movie known or make it more easily accessible, I feel like I need to have like 18 different streaming services to be able to watch all of these. lol

at least what we are in the shadows won... That show is amazing...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been gone for awhile, but now I'm back. Lol, this is nowhere near sheer horror, but it's a damn fine Monster Movie. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

lol, I thought the story was completely over the top and super cheese, but whatever. It was definitely the most entertaining to me of all the 3 Godzilla movies but it's certainly shut your fuckin' mind off (or get stoned as shit) and just enjoy all the shit going on the screen.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys took the time, how many of your top 10 ALL-TIME favorite movies would be horror?

For top 10 all time movies?
The Thing (1982, no disrespect to Nyby/Hawks)
Jaws

I can generally plug those two fuckers in anytime and probably watch each once a year.

Aliens would be in there as well but I almost consider that more action/Sci-Fi. Tremors is more action/comedy. You COULD argue Jaws is not horror, but given that movie made a good percentage of the population terrified to go in the water and no other shark movie (or really any underwater sea monster movie) has ever come CLOSE to the effect of terror on people that film had... I'm giving it horror.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, I thought the story was completely over the top and super cheese, but whatever. It was definitely the most entertaining to me of all the 3 Godzilla movies but it's certainly shut your fuckin' mind off (or get stoned as shit) and just enjoy all the shit going on the screen.

DependableLameDungbeetle-size_restricted.gif Brillant! :nod: :nod: :nod:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I watched Carriers (2009). A decent little flick about 4 college age kids fleeing to the west coast during an extreme pandemic that has seemingly wiped out almost the entire population.

Not much of a story to talk about. They travel along and periodically run into other folks, both infected and uninfected. Everyone is paranoid and carrying guns. Everyone is fighting for gas, food, and medicine.

Acting was decent. Chris Pine is the big name (it wasn't released for a couple of years until Pine broke out), but a couple others are recognizable.

Dialogue was well written enough. Cinematography was professional. The PG-13 rating didn't really hurt it (although a hard R with gore is always a plus).

Not a ton else to say about it. It could have easily been a 30 minute short but, a rarity in these instances, the feature length run time didn't really hurt it. It never dragged too much.

I'll go 6 out of 10.

The budget was obviously not large. I would really like a bigger budget with more backstory of the actual falling apart of society but many, many apocalypse type stories skip the big stuff and go to the aftermath because of the cost.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I watched Carriers (2009). A decent little flick about 4 college age kids fleeing to the west coast during an extreme pandemic that has seemingly wiped out almost the entire population.

Not much of a story to talk about. They travel along and periodically run into other folks, both infected and uninfected. Everyone is paranoid and carrying guns. Everyone is fighting for gas, food, and medicine.

Acting was decent. Chris Pine is the big name (it wasn't released for a couple of years until Pine broke out), but a couple others are recognizable.

Dialogue was well written enough. Cinematography was professional. The PG-13 rating didn't really hurt it (although a hard R with gore is always a plus).

Not a ton else to say about it. It could have easily been a 30 minute short but, a rarity in these instances, the feature length run time didn't really hurt it. It never dragged too much.

I'll go 6 out of 10.

The budget was obviously not large. I would really like a bigger budget with more backstory of the actual falling apart of society but many, many apocalypse type stories skip the big stuff and go to the aftermath because of the cost.

Yah that was a hidden gem in my book. Didn't seem like it got much popularity but it held my interest through most of it. 5-6/10 sounds about right.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edward Furlong AND Cory Feldman in The Zombie King (2013).

I just had to post it because it looks soooooo bad!