• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now THAT (unlike the Exorcist) is an underrated movie.

Hollyweird: "YAY BLACK PANTHER, first ever black superhero yay yay yay we are PC omgomg!"
Me: "Uh... Blade? Blade 2? (not going to mention that abomination Trinity)"That was your first black superhero movie star and the movie wasn't all PC/SJW lame-o like you make every crap Disney movie these days. Literally have not watched any Disney movie (inc. the Crapvengers) since Last Jedi. No Rise, no Thor, no Spiderman, no Captain Feminist, etc.

Fantastic movies and Wesley Snipes was PERFECT for the role and actually does a # of his own stunts (Major League director said he did climb the wall in that shot and was VERY athletic).

I can plug Blade or Blade 2 in any day. Blade's CGI is a little dated, but the plot is good, the action scenes are not sped up or quick/cut camera shots, and THANK GOD no stupid slow mo. The action scenes are tight, believable, and shot EXTREMELY well.

I'll take Blade or Blade 2 over quite possibly any Marvel movie (inc. Iron Man 1 or Avengers).

ANYWAY, Blade would kick the shit out of the Alien. At least the Snipes version. I'm sure Blade will be rebooted and it'll be PG-13 and toned down for the stupid kiddies while Disney jerks off to their PC message advertisements.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many xenomorphs are we talking about?
Blade would definitely own 1 or 2. Three or more and things would start becoming problematic. He would lose his sword after the first kill due to acid damage.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HORRIBLY overrated in terms of scares... the only "WTF" (and it was WTF not scary) moment was the crab walk. Outside of that I was yawning through the whole fuckin' thing.
It freaked me out for weeks.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crab walk or the whole movie?
The movie. Especially when she crushed the priest's balls. I saw it back in 73 I think and I had to go home to a dark house; my brother was at work and my mom was away on business. I could not help continuing to look at the foot of my bed expecting that thing to come crawling up to me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie. Especially when she crushed the priest's balls. I saw it back in 73 I think and I had to go home to a dark house; my brother was at work and my mom was away on business. I could not help continuing to look at the foot of my bed expecting that thing to come crawling up to me.

Eh if you were a kid that's understandable. First time I saw it was when I was around 14 at a girl's house with a couple of her girlfriends (her and I were practically neighbors). All I could think about was banging one of them (which I was unsuccessful at - got friend zoned HARD that night, although got with one of em' the next year). Crab scene still got a "WTF!" out of me, though.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I tried to watch that film a few times, finally just forced myself and STILL only got 3/4 of the way through it. I just could NOT get into that, which is odd because the premise and setting seems like a film I'd love. I dunno what it was about it.... the kills/scares/etc. just came off cheesy for some reason.
Really? I love that film. One of the best vampire films I've ever seen.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any thoughts on this list?
Meh.

I've only seen: Sweetheart, The Beach House, & Relic... But I haven't heard good things about the majority of that list. Pretty sure everyone in here reamed the Girl On the Third Floor. Z has a cool trailer, but I passed it up weeks ago because of the user reviews on IMDB. Everyone was saying it was pretty bad. The Wretched & The Vast of Night have been in my queue for a while. Haven't been able to convince the wife of either yet.

Sweetheart was worth the watch. Beach House was ok. Had moments but largely was a miss on what it could have been. Relic was just dumb.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I love that film. One of the best vampire films I've ever seen.

I loved the premise of it.. "The Thing" Hawks/Carpenter vibes.. but for whatever reason it just wasn't workin' for me.

I dunno, end of day I guess I'm not a huge vampire fan in terms of movies. They just don't scare or really intrigue me which is obviously what 30 days of Night was trying to do. I'm much more into the 'let's have fun with it' vampire movies which is why Blade worked SO well for me. Underworld was 'meh' but Beckinsale is hot as fuck, so thumbs up from me. One of my guilty pleasure Vampire movies is "My Best Friends a Vampire (87)" LOL. Not a horror by any means but entertaining.

I'd say the only SERIOUS (if you can call it that lol) vampire movie that I re-watch is John Carpenter's Vampire. And it's not because Carpenter, but James Woods is so over the fuckin' top that movie is entertaining as fuck.

Now a good werewolf movie. Oh yah. That's what I'm about. American Werewolf in London (the howl/moor), Bad Moon (design), Dog Soldiers (isolation), Howl, Late Phases... oh yah! All intentionally scary/horror and I love it.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the premise of it.. "The Thing" Hawks/Carpenter vibes.. but for whatever reason it just wasn't workin' for me.

I dunno, end of day I guess I'm not a huge vampire fan in terms of movies. They just don't scare or really intrigue me which is obviously what 30 days of Night was trying to do. I'm much more into the 'let's have fun with it' vampire movies which is why Blade worked SO well for me. Underworld was 'meh' but Beckinsale is hot as fuck, so thumbs up from me. One of my guilty pleasure Vampire movies is "My Best Friends a Vampire (87)" LOL. Not a horror by any means but entertaining.

I'd say the only SERIOUS (if you can call it that lol) vampire movie that I re-watch is John Carpenter's Vampire. And it's not because Carpenter, but James Woods is so over the fuckin' top that movie is entertaining as fuck.

Now a good werewolf movie. Oh yah. That's what I'm about. American Werewolf in London (the howl/moor), Bad Moon (design), Dog Soldiers (isolation), Howl, Late Phases... oh yah! All intentionally scary/horror and I love it.
To each his own! We're all drawn to horror movies for different reasons. Horror is subjective and fear is personal. We all experience them differently.

But more importantly... Tremors: Shriekers Island... have ya watched it yet? Was probably going to watch it this weekend.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each his own! We're all drawn to horror movies for different reasons. Horror is subjective and fear is personal. We all experience them differently.

But more importantly... Tremors: Shriekers Island... have ya watched it yet? Was probably going to watch it this weekend.

:pound:

I haven't yet, man lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Wife had Friday off this week so we enjoyed some tv time last night after putting the rugrats to bed. Couldn’t settle on a movie so we gave Ratched a go. Almost went for the new Tremors movie but decided to wait on it.

2 episodes in... Much like a typical AHS series. Hooks you in with some big horrifying event, then puts you through hours of character & plot building while still feeding you some breadcrumbs of mystery & thrill. This one has been pretty solid so far. Paulson obviously steals the show every time she’s on the screen, but so far I’m loving what Finn Wittrock brings. He has always been a good sinister actor so I shouldn’t be surprised. Guess I just never really cared for his characters until now. Cynthia Nixon has been an interesting casting choice. Never watched Sex In the City, but she’s been a strong performer in these first few episodes.

Great mystery element so far. Seems like Nurse Ratched has a lot of tricks up her sleeve. Can’t wait until she dispenses of Head Nurse Bucket (pretty sure that’s her name).

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh if you were a kid that's understandable. First time I saw it was when I was around 14 at a girl's house with a couple of her girlfriends (her and I were practically neighbors). All I could think about was banging one of them (which I was unsuccessful at - got friend zoned HARD that night, although got with one of em' the next year). Crab scene still got a "WTF!" out of me, though.
Ah, the Friend Zone; I knew it well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always hope for the best but, as we previously discussed, good werewolf movies are few and far between. From the trailer this one seems to strongly character driven.
Fingers crossed!
The Wolf of Snow Hollow. Very disappointed with that one. It was trying wayyyy too hard to be a horror comedy. Some of the Werewolf shots standing upright were pretty damn impressive looking though! and the gore was good!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Love And Monsters. Pretty damn cool movie. Great cgi & fx. Definitely tailored to a dramatic approach but it worked well! About had a heart attack every time the dog was in danger!