• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this because the MNF is almost over and it's been less than stellar.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the series West World on HBO. It is more science fiction than horror.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wicked (2012)

Another predictable & slightly cheesy teenage scream movie. The story may sound entertaining combined with a listed budget of $1.5 million, so one would think it possible to make a fairly watchable film. Sadly that's not the case despite good production values (cinematography & cgi were good) & half decent acting from the cast. There is zero atmosphere present, the backstory is underdeveloped, & it is plagued by glaring plot holes. Although there was some gore present, albeit very little, I felt it didn't succeed in that area at all. If you have very low expectations then its watchable. Just don't expect much.

Script needs to be cooked longer... 5/10

Killin' me with that teaser. Killin' me! :pound::pound::pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Killin' me with that teaser. Killin' me! :pound::pound::pound:
R E L A X chef and go throw on Zombeavs again to get yer fix!

XXRaPXp.gif

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exam (2009)

On Netflix! This is a very clever psychological thriller. Throw 8 people into a single room and film the entire movie from that very same room, you would expect some serious mind games to be going on. And that's exactly what you get. Crazy part about this movie is that it is never boring, not even for a minute. The suspense builds well. If you boil it down you get a superb character study, focusing on what people do in stressful, confusing and even helpless situations. This is one of those thought-provoking mind benders that keeps you guessing. Takes a lot of creativity to pull something like this off, therefore it is very well written. Reminds me of the other Netflix thriller Circle but much more grounded & realistic and focuses more on inter-human conflicts. If you were a fan of that movie then I'd definitely recommend giving this movie a go.

Excellent psychological thriller... 8/10

I liked both. Also similar to "Would You Rather," which I'm not certain if you've reviewed it here or not.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wicked (2012)

Another predictable & slightly cheesy teenage scream movie. The story may sound entertaining combined with a listed budget of $1.5 million, so one would think it possible to make a fairly watchable film. Sadly that's not the case despite good production values (cinematography & cgi were good) & half decent acting from the cast. There is zero atmosphere present, the backstory is underdeveloped, & it is plagued by glaring plot holes. Although there was some gore present, albeit very little, I felt it didn't succeed in that area at all. If you have very low expectations then its watchable. Just don't expect much.

Script needs to be cooked longer... 5/10

Are there boobies? It's all I need to know.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screens savers with bouncing bewbs... FTW
Almost done with AHS: Hotel... Just finished episode 8 or 9? Think there's only 3 left. Liking it a lot better than season 4. Story is a lot more gripping IMO. Still lags a little but so far I'm enjoying it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't you just say, "you're right, WT! I didn't make the connection. Thanks for pointing it out! :thumb:?"

:D

Your review was spot on, I might add.
Lo siento puto!

Indeed, both Exam & Circles were along the same lines as Would You Rather. Very twisted. WYR definitely was better for gore purposes ;)

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost done with AHS: Hotel... Just finished episode 8 or 9? Think there's only 3 left. Liking it a lot better than season 4. Story is a lot more gripping IMO. Still lags a little but so far I'm enjoying it.

I just finished 7 or 8. I like it. Coven is still my least favorite, though.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lo siento puto!

Indeed, both Exam & Circles were along the same lines as Would You Rather. Very twisted. WYR definitely was better for gore purposes ;)

I like the thrillers where "choices" need to be made. There's a couple others that are failing me at the moment.... kind of like Saw. The one where the random couples were gathered in the house, and they were hooked up to the adrenaline meter thingy.... pulling out teeth, cutting off fingers, breaking bones, etc... can't recall the name.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the thrillers where "choices" need to be made. There's a couple others that are failing me at the moment.... kind of like Saw. The one where the random couples were gathered in the house, and they were hooked up to the adrenaline meter thingy.... pulling out teeth, cutting off fingers, breaking bones, etc... can't recall the name.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES! That's the one. I liked it, in spite of the weak acting.
Yea that was a pretty good one. Might have to rewatch it as I don't recall how it ended.