• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever check this out? I did awhile back, but it had just started then.

This weekend: Not even the popcorn is safe

Film
Darklands

In 1996, UK filmmaker Julian Richards (THE LAST HORROR MOVIE) made his feature debut with DARKLANDS, a stark blend of WICKER MAN-like horror and realism that presaged both the UK’s resurgence in terror in the 2000s and especially the more folk-laden frights of recent. Unreleased in the U.S. until 2012, and largely unavailable to stream since, Shudder asks you to head out to the DARKLANDS for a perfect October watch. - Sam Zimmerman, Shudder curator

A journalist investigates an evil cult who may have murdered a female colleague. After Rachel dies mysteriously while investigating her brother’s death, Frazier Truick (Craig Fairbrass) decides it’s time to get to the bottom of what the cult is all about. But he’s not prepared for pagan rituals, Satan worship, and human sacrifice. Racing against time, Frazier must solve the crime before he winds up its next victim.

Watch now
Film
Blood Rage

Twins Todd and Terry seem like sweet boys that is, until one of them takes an axe to face of a fellow patron at the local drive-in. Todd is blamed for the bloody crime and institutionalized, whilst twin brother Terry goes free. Ten years later and, as the family gathers around the table for a Thanksgiving meal, the news comes in that Todd has escaped. But has the real killer in fact been in their midst all along? One thing’s for sure, there will be blood and rage!

Watch now
Film
The Stendhal Syndrome

A detective suffers strange hallucinations while hunting a serial killer in Dario Argento’s bone-chilling ‘90s masterpiece. Anna (Asia Argento) is on the trail of a psycho when she experiences Stendhal syndrome, a condition that causes people to become overwhelmed by works of art to the point of psychosis. But when the killer kidnaps and rapes her, it begins a process that threatens all who cross Anna’s path. Using CGI to bring Anna’s artistic hallucinations to life, Argento crafts a brutal yet visually stunning thriller that stands on par with his classics. Contains strong, bloody and sexual violence.

Watch now
Film
Funeral Home

Young and frightened 16-year old Heather stays with her grandmother in the hopes of helping her turn a funeral home into a bed-and-breakfast. But strange happenings and unexplained murders around the home quickly make this vacation spot a "dead-and-breakfast" - with no answers as to who or what is causing all the death.

Watch now

This week on Shudder.TV Premium: Get lost

Who says there are no good slashers these days?

Shudder.TV is streaming splatter with some of the best contemporary stalk-and-slice around; from grisly, straightforward gems like CUB to the spectacular, insane homage of LAKE NOWHERE, to the sharp satire of BEHIND THE MASK and DREAM HOME, and so much more. This weekend, there’s someone behind you on Shudder TV.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Cell, based on the Stephen King novel.

Excellent opening scene at the airport when everything goes to shit. Cusak and Samual J. do a decent job. The story is an interesting concept. But overall the movie struggles a bit. They try to shove too much into too short of a time. It would have been better suited as a mini series.

In the scheme of things, it falls probably just above the median of Stephen King flicks. Certainly no Shawshank or The Shining, but also nowhere near the bottom end like Lawnmowerman, or the mess that was Dreamcatcher.

Worth a watch for King fans or zombie apocalypse with a twist.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried watching The Conjuring 2 with my wife, but she got too scared and asked me to turn it off!

It seems pretty good. Maybe a bit too repetative when comparing it to the first one.

I'll have to watch the last 40 minutes later.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's cool: AMC is doing a Chuckython.

What's not cool: it starts with Child's Play 2. :what::what::what:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent opening scene at the airport when everything goes to shit. Cusak and Samual J. do a decent job. The story is an interesting concept. But overall the movie struggles a bit. They try to shove too much into too short of a time. It would have been better suited as a mini series.

In the scheme of things, it falls probably just above the median of Stephen King flicks. Certainly no Shawshank or The Shining, but also nowhere near the bottom end like Lawnmowerman, or the mess that was Dreamcatcher.

That's disappointing. I'm a diehard King fan, and even though I didn't think Cell was one of his better novels, I thought it could be a good movie. Especially with Cusack and Jackson in it.

Funny you mention Shawshank, I happened to catch it again last week. What a masterpiece.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the premier of Stakeland 2 on Sy Fy. It's almost over and that's good since it's not very good.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried watching The Conjuring 2 with my wife, but she got too scared and asked me to turn it off!

It seems pretty good. Maybe a bit too repetative when comparing it to the first one.

I'll have to watch the last 40 minutes later.

I watched it the other night too, and right in the middle, around 2AM my roommate's dog jumped up, pounding on the bedroom door, yelping.

Jumped out of bed, heart racing, grabbed my pistol and he and I watched the dog go screaming down the hallway. Still no idea what happened (nothing paranormal or anything) but that certainly added to the tension LOL.

I enjoyed the movie. Probably a 7/10 for me

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it the other night too, and right in the middle, around 2AM my roommate's dog jumped up, pounding on the bedroom door, yelping.

Jumped out of bed, heart racing, grabbed my pistol and he and I watched the dog go screaming down the hallway. Still no idea what happened (nothing paranormal or anything) but that certainly added to the tension LOL.

I enjoyed the movie. Probably a 7/10 for me

Excellent tale! Sounds paranormal to me!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's disappointing. I'm a diehard King fan, and even though I didn't think Cell was one of his better novels, I thought it could be a good movie. Especially with Cusack and Jackson in it.

Funny you mention Shawshank, I happened to catch it again last week. What a masterpiece.

The pacing was just wrong. They tried to condense a novel that had months worth of activities into timeline of a week or so.

Still worth a watch for horror and King fans. As stated, the opening scene was very good, other than the poor cgi plane crash, and they could have extended it for as long as possible and it would have only helped.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to see that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever check this out? I did awhile back, but it had just started then.

This weekend: Not even the popcorn is safe

Film
Darklands

In 1996, UK filmmaker Julian Richards (THE LAST HORROR MOVIE) made his feature debut with DARKLANDS, a stark blend of WICKER MAN-like horror and realism that presaged both the UK’s resurgence in terror in the 2000s and especially the more folk-laden frights of recent. Unreleased in the U.S. until 2012, and largely unavailable to stream since, Shudder asks you to head out to the DARKLANDS for a perfect October watch. - Sam Zimmerman, Shudder curator

A journalist investigates an evil cult who may have murdered a female colleague. After Rachel dies mysteriously while investigating her brother’s death, Frazier Truick (Craig Fairbrass) decides it’s time to get to the bottom of what the cult is all about. But he’s not prepared for pagan rituals, Satan worship, and human sacrifice. Racing against time, Frazier must solve the crime before he winds up its next victim.

Watch now
Film
Blood Rage

Twins Todd and Terry seem like sweet boys that is, until one of them takes an axe to face of a fellow patron at the local drive-in. Todd is blamed for the bloody crime and institutionalized, whilst twin brother Terry goes free. Ten years later and, as the family gathers around the table for a Thanksgiving meal, the news comes in that Todd has escaped. But has the real killer in fact been in their midst all along? One thing’s for sure, there will be blood and rage!

Watch now
Film
The Stendhal Syndrome

A detective suffers strange hallucinations while hunting a serial killer in Dario Argento’s bone-chilling ‘90s masterpiece. Anna (Asia Argento) is on the trail of a psycho when she experiences Stendhal syndrome, a condition that causes people to become overwhelmed by works of art to the point of psychosis. But when the killer kidnaps and rapes her, it begins a process that threatens all who cross Anna’s path. Using CGI to bring Anna’s artistic hallucinations to life, Argento crafts a brutal yet visually stunning thriller that stands on par with his classics. Contains strong, bloody and sexual violence.

Watch now
Film
Funeral Home

Young and frightened 16-year old Heather stays with her grandmother in the hopes of helping her turn a funeral home into a bed-and-breakfast. But strange happenings and unexplained murders around the home quickly make this vacation spot a "dead-and-breakfast" - with no answers as to who or what is causing all the death.

Watch now

This week on Shudder.TV Premium: Get lost

Who says there are no good slashers these days?

Shudder.TV is streaming splatter with some of the best contemporary stalk-and-slice around; from grisly, straightforward gems like CUB to the spectacular, insane homage of LAKE NOWHERE, to the sharp satire of BEHIND THE MASK and DREAM HOME, and so much more. This weekend, there’s someone behind you on Shudder TV.
This looks awesome! Sign me up!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Kids Go To Hell (2012)

Fairly entertaining dark horror comedy. The plot takes the typical "teenagers messing with the supernatural" and throws in comedic cliches as the movie turns into a murder mystery of sorts. Director pays homage to the Breakfast Club from the get go. Utilizing Judd Nelson as the principal was hilarious as it was pure irony at its best. I will admit that the movie was confusing at times, but it had a pretty nice pace to it. It keeps the viewer engaged and the filming and gore is done fairly well. The acting leaves a little to be desired. It wasn't the greatest of horror comedies, but it was entertaining.

Breakfast Club meets Scooby Doo?... 6.5/10

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Kids Go To Hell (2012)

Fairly entertaining dark horror comedy. The plot takes the typical "teenagers messing with the supernatural" and throws in comedic cliches as the movie turns into a murder mystery of sorts. Director pays homage to the Breakfast Club from the get go. Utilizing Judd Nelson as the principal was hilarious as it was pure irony at its best. I will admit that the movie was confusing at times, but it had a pretty nice pace to it. It keeps the viewer engaged and the filming and gore is done fairly well. The acting leaves a little to be desired. It wasn't the greatest of horror comedies, but it was entertaining.

Breakfast Club meets Scooby Doo?... 6.5/10

I saw that. It was decent.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about the fricken' movie and rate it you lazy prick!:gaah:

IT SUCKED, OK?

CUT ME SOME MOTHERFUCKING SLACK, YOU BASTARD!!!!! MY FUCKING RAIDERS TOOK IT UP THE ASS TODAY!!!!