• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw The Conjuring 2

Pretty predictable and slow moving. The best part of the entire movie for me was the wacked out Nun.

Gotta get that mask for Halloween
Mask? All you gotta do is blotch your face with white paint and get some colored contact lenses.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mask? All you gotta do is blotch your face with white paint and get some colored contact lenses.

2_1bc3427fabb0-gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Scary Movie 2.

James Woods loves enchiladas! :pound::pound::pound:

tumblr_mn5ehqQPRt1snpc3lo3_500.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend Request (2016)

[/QUOTE]

Cuttin' right to my sentiments on this one... I loved this movie. This movie is not slated for release in the US until October 7th, but it was released internationally last week. You can stream it in HD online. The plot for this film takes ideas from numerous different movies that came before it, but the creativity in which it entwines them is epic. This movie had the feel of Unfriended meets The Blair Witch and/or The Ring. The plot was very captivating & suspenseful. It must have had a decent budget because the cgi/fx was top-notch. Acting & cinematography were damn good as well. Directed by Simon Verhoeven, of whom I've never heard of until I just typed that in after researching it. Doesn't appear that he has done any horror before, but he sure has a great feel for it given the final product of this movie. What I loved the most about this movie was there weren't any cheap gimmicks or cliches. Just solid plot progression, suspense, twists & thrills. I enjoyed every minute of this movie.

Pure, original creativity. 9/10

Montecristo Jones

Metrosexual fascist sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horror movies don't scare me much anymore to be honest - if the overall plot is decent though such as in the first Saw movie then I can still enjoy them.

Montecristo Jones

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, just try to read the Novel "120 Days in Sodom" and movies like "A Serbian Film", "Hostel", etc look like a Spongebob Squarepants cartoon in comparison.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horror movies don't scare me much anymore to be honest - if the overall plot is decent though such as in the first Saw movie then I can still enjoy them.
Not many horror movies are good enough to deliver the amount of suspense required to even get the heart racing. Not to mention the amount of horror we watch often desensitizes us to the point that we no longer react in the same way to seeing gore. Hence why so many directors & producers feel the necessity for jump scares in their movies (muted noises followed by absurdly loud screams) as opposed to blood & violence. Only very few directors nowadays are capable of delivering a scare without jolting your senses like that.

Montecristo Jones

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many horror movies are good enough to deliver the amount of suspense required to even get the heart racing. Not to mention the amount of horror we watch often desensitizes us to the point that we no longer react in the same way to seeing gore. Hence why so many directors & producers feel the necessity for jump scares in their movies (muted noises followed by absurdly loud screams) as opposed to blood & violence. Only very few directors nowadays are capable of delivering a scare without jolting your senses like that.
I basically agree - the crop of horror films I see to day just rely too much on gore and unrealistic death scenes. Just being "disgusting" isn't the same as being scary.

There are some films out there which aren't technically classified as "horror films", like Prisoners which still manage to do the job a lot better than dreck like "Final Destination".

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I basically agree - the crop of horror films I see to day just rely too much on gore and unrealistic death scenes. Just being "disgusting" isn't the same as being scary.

There are some films out there which aren't technically classified as "horror films", like Prisoners which still manage to do the job a lot better than dreck like "Final Destination".
Agreed. Some of the best horror films are those that deliver the scares 'closer to home'. In essence they take a very possible scenario and place it in your backyard. For me, the closer I can relate to a horror film, the more intense the suspense is. Realism is my bag. Movies that make us want to keep the lights on or check in our closets & under our beds before going to bed. To use the supernatural in that scenario takes a lot of creativity (not to mention a big cgi budget) for it to meet those expectations without making things too surreal or far-fetched.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday...........that was after work.

Today was a personal day when I called in and I won't be streaking through the thread. Too soon.
Alcohol & a good horror movie will fix that.