• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Zombies doesn't Rob Zombie have something new coming out?

He's on tour right now but something called, "31" is supposed to come out this year

Been out of the loop for a little bit... Haven't heard anything about Rob Zombie making anything new? Anyone care to post a preview/coming-soon with an opinion on it?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been out of the loop for a little bit... Haven't heard anything about Rob Zombie making anything new? Anyone care to post a preview/coming-soon with an opinion on it?

Man, could you imagine Rob doing a Zombeavers2? Starring Sherri Moon Zombie, of course. :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching The Conjuring. The bangs and booms are giving my sub woofer a workout. It's alright so far, not great...I'm hoping for a payoff.

The family, especially the kids, are doing some nice acting.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...The Conjuring woulda been a great tv movie. Otherwise, I thought it borrowed from the original Poltergeist, The Exorcist and even The Haunting a little too much for my taste. Too much been there, seen that, imo.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of "based on a true story" horror flicks and the post about the Warrens being total shams kinda influenced me as well. I'm gonna google them and see what's what.

Anyway, today is movie day...what's next? Since I am a natural glutton for punishment, it just might be...Annabelle! Gonna figure that out next.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...The Conjuring woulda been a great tv movie. Otherwise, I thought it borrowed from the original Poltergeist, The Exorcist and even The Haunting a little too much for my taste. Too much been there, seen that, imo.

I have to admit I'm not a big fan of "based on a true story" horror flicks and the post about the Warrens being total shams kinda influenced me as well. I'm gonna google them and see what's what.

Anyway, today is movie day...what's next? Since I am a natural glutton for punishment, it just might be...Annabelle! Gonna figure that out next.
You're not going to like what you read when googling the Warrens' stories. Everyone knows they are a sham. They are money grubbers. Definitely hurts the value of those movies if you decide to focus on the "based on a true story". To me, having the understanding that they were money grubbers made it easier to dismiss that claim and just enjoy the movie on a fictional basis. Just because people say "based on a true story" doesn't mean it is. That happens with a lot of things in life. The words "organic" on produce doesn't mean shit either. There's nothing out there to restrict people from using such claims, so if it helps them sell more items then why wouldn't everyone use it?

I think what sets the Conjuring apart is the cinematography in this day and age. James Wan has a great eye for detail. His suspense & progression are top notch. The stories themselves are nothing new, that we can all agree on. But the presentation is amazing.

BTW... I was not a fan of Annabelle. I'm sure you've heard me say that before. But good luck and let us know what you think!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not going to like what you read when googling the Warrens' stories. Everyone knows they are a sham. They are money grubbers. Definitely hurts the value of those movies if you decide to focus on the "based on a true story". To me, having the understanding that they were money grubbers made it easier to dismiss that claim and just enjoy the movie on a fictional basis. Just because people say "based on a true story" doesn't mean it is. That happens with a lot of things in life. The words "organic" on produce doesn't mean shit either. There's nothing out there to restrict people from using such claims, so if it helps them sell more items then why wouldn't everyone use it?

I think what sets the Conjuring apart is the cinematography in this day and age. James Wan has a great eye for detail. His suspense & progression are top notch. The stories themselves are nothing new, that we can all agree on. But the presentation is amazing.

BTW... I was not a fan of Annabelle. I'm sure you've heard me say that before. But good luck and let us know what you think!

Agreed about Wan. The direction was top notch. As to Annabelle, apparently HBO NOW has already dropped it. To make matters a little more annoying, apparently Netflix has dropped their "Horror" category altogether.

Seems that horror movies are spread out into two categories: Dark Movies and Really Dark Movies, or some shit like that.

Wtf is up with that?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I think I might surf Roku channels and see what I can find. Or dare I say it...actually rent a movie??? :pound:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about Wan. The direction was top notch. As to Annabelle, apparently HBO NOW has already dropped it. To make matters a little more annoying, apparently Netflix has dropped their "Horror" category altogether.

Seems that horror movies are spread out into two categories: Dark Movies and Really Dark Movies, or some shit like that.

Wtf is up with that?

:scratch:
Last weekend I was all up in Netflix and they had a Horror section.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:
Last weekend I was all up in Netflix and they had a Horror section.

If you watch it on your laptop you can still navigate there, if you go through another device to stream on your tv it's not there.

Also, be happy for your Netflix options. There's only like 30 horror movies on there at my current location.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably be done watching all the Horror movies on Netflix by Sunday at 11:59pm.

Ok, found the Horror category along with sub-genre menus. Thinking about watching this:

th

th

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth is stranger than fiction. I have met people who knew him. I knew a lady he babysitted when she was a child. I also knew one of the prison guards who worked at the Waupun State Prison when they received him prior to him getting shipped to the mental facility. I remembered hearing stories about all of this when I was a young kid growing up. Many of famous horror stories where based upon him. The town was about an hour from where I live. @FaCe-LeE-uS