• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a few recently didn't really care for much of them.

The Hunger - 1983 film by Tony Scott. Cult classic to some, but I was never able to get into it. Probably just tired on the different takes on vampires and saw a later one that encompassed this one.

Holidays - 2016 Anthology film that goes through various holidays by a number of directors over the course of the calendar year. For the most part none of these resonated with me, which can be hit or miss as an anthology goes. I usually enjoy enough in the VHS series to enjoy it overall. These one to me were basically, meh. Favorite one was Christmas, had a Black Mirror feel to it, but not as good.

On the subject of anthology films, I'm currently watching Grim Prairie Tales (1990), so far nothing worth mentioning. Alright, they just had a 5 second bit that made me laugh.

Cockneys vs. Zombies (2012) - Entertaining enough, mostly goes for the comedy aspect a la Shaun of the Dead, doesn't come close to it, gets a bit redundant, but not the worst.

Bloody Birthday (1981) - I don't know what to say other than it's your run of the mill 80s horror picture. Good enough if you're into the genre. I didn't care to watch anything more interesting, so it worked well.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a child puts a serious damper in your horror movie adventures... :gaah:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was bad.....I didn't finish watching it and that rarely happens.

I provided that was a warning.

She doesn't look too thrilled about it either. :pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Sy Fy's Isle of the Dead "starring" Joey Lawrence.

Whoa!!!!

th

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckikg congrats!!! Never too early to start!!!!

Boy or girl?

$tart the kid on watching I meant

It's a boy... And I agree... Once he starts to enjoy television I am going to line up a series of horror classics for him to watch.

If he doesn't enjoy them then I shall demand a blood test!!! :heh:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,766.11
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woooooo.....thought it might have been a girl. You'd catch a case as soon as she started dating. Glad I only had 1 boy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching something called Sweet Home on Netflix.

*Turns knife a little deeper in Face's back*
lol... I tried to watch that last week with my wife. Didn't know it was a subtitled movie until about 10mins in because not a word was spoken! We hate subtitled movies so we turned it off. Let me know what you think of it though!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched a few recently didn't really care for much of them.

The Hunger - 1983 film by Tony Scott. Cult classic to some, but I was never able to get into it. Probably just tired on the different takes on vampires and saw a later one that encompassed this one.

Holidays - 2016 Anthology film that goes through various holidays by a number of directors over the course of the calendar year. For the most part none of these resonated with me, which can be hit or miss as an anthology goes. I usually enjoy enough in the VHS series to enjoy it overall. These one to me were basically, meh. Favorite one was Christmas, had a Black Mirror feel to it, but not as good.

On the subject of anthology films, I'm currently watching Grim Prairie Tales (1990), so far nothing worth mentioning. Alright, they just had a 5 second bit that made me laugh.

Cockneys vs. Zombies (2012) - Entertaining enough, mostly goes for the comedy aspect a la Shaun of the Dead, doesn't come close to it, gets a bit redundant, but not the worst.

Bloody Birthday (1981) - I don't know what to say other than it's your run of the mill 80s horror picture. Good enough if you're into the genre. I didn't care to watch anything more interesting, so it worked well.

I see that you already covered these thought but The Hunger is interesting considering it was one of the first to take a different look at the vampire myth. Nowdays it seems a bit redundant since so many different types of vamp movies out there. Bowie was really good in it as he ages. RIP David!