• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had plans to see it on opening night, but the wife wasn't feelin well so we decided to save it for this upcoming weekend. I've been posting about that movie ever since it was announced 3-4months ago.

If you've seen it then don't spoil anything please! I'm very excited to see it.
No problem have a good time seeing it!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unnatural (2015)

I kept watching this movie hoping it would get better but it didn't. It starts off somewhat decent, but ends up being unrealistic. The acting was average, apart from some decent scenes from Graham Greene and James Remar. I've never been a fan of Remar. His "Holy Smokes" moment in this movie almost made me piss myself from laughter. But he did an ok job for this movie, as in he didn't annoy me. The other actors are not very believable. Not to mention half of the characters weren't necessary, and were only there to fill Chef's BM. There is not much depth in the story as it expects you to put glaring holes together. If you like some blood and gore, then you will get plenty but without much realism. The budget must have been low considering the absence of CGI. They went with an animatronic bear that was downright laughable during some scenes. Luckily they knew the bear was ridiculous so they kept it hidden throughout most of the movie. However during the climax they couldn't avoid it. But trust me when I say this, the epic kill that unfolds during that scene will leave you with plenty more "WTF!?" than what you get with the silly looking bear. Overall this movie had decent potential, but the low budget squandered it. I wouldn't recommend it.

Had the potential, but got too unrealistic... 5/10

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair.......I just googled Horror movies in 2016 and started posting random movies......

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Day (2012)

Bleak and fairly effective low-budget survivalist movie set in the post-apocalyptic setting. The script initially appears to tread the conventions of a zombie movie, until you realize the main characters face something more realistic than the undead. Cannibals! The cinematography was on point. I liked the use of of color-bleached filming. It gave off an eerie Night of the Living Dead vibe. Didn't care much for the acting but it was good enough for the part. Although it looked fake during some brief moments thanks to the overuse of cgi, the gore was good. Got a little cheesy during some moments, and it was polluted with character stupidity, but overall it was decent entertainment. It was a little slow at first but ends up racing to a suspenseful finish.

Nothing spectacular but it fills the seats... 6/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair.......I just googled Horror movies in 2016 and started posting random movies......
If you're lookin for some good upcoming movies then check this out:

Coming Soon!

The Woods (2016)

Release Date: September 16th

Synopsis:
A group of college students on a camping trip discover they are not alone.

Kudos to the teaser trailer & synopsis for not giving anything away. This is how trailers should be done IMO. Nothing irritates me more than when the trailer gives everything away. Most of the time I stop a trailer 30s in because of that. The director & writer tandem of Adam Wingard & Simon Barrett, who brought us V/H/S, V/H/S 2, The Guest, and You're Next, return for their next project. I've loved everything that I have seen from these guys, so I have no reason to think this movie is anything less than good. In the acting department they have a bunch of no-namers with heavy backgrounds in TV. Hard to tell what this movie has in store for us, but the suspense looks riveting. The filming style looks like a solid blend of normal 3rd person & 1st person. Aside from the obvious forest setting, this movie looks like it has a lot in store for us. Count me in!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intruders (2016)

Originally titled "Shut In", this movie is full of surprises. What starts off as a simple house invasion, quickly takes a sadistic turn. It completely flops who you think is the victim and the antagonist, which I really liked about this movie. However the "sadistic turn" turns out to not be as "warped" as I had hoped for. What follows is a frustratingly meager horror experience when it could so easily have been a thoroughly demented slice of cult craziness. The killings were fairly mundane, and the climax wasn't very shocking, but it did keep me guessing so its definitely enthralling. It's a well directed and acted piece. The film is reasonably entertaining for the duration, but it left me wanting so much more than what it gave. So just for that I have to call it a bit of a disappointment. I would still recommend it based off of the acting, directing & creativity. Just temper your expectations!

Breaking in is easy.. getting out on the other hand... 7/10

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Possession of Michael King (2014)

The movie starts out obviously enough, with a very 'pre-packaged' possession plot. We all know how these movies are going to go. This doesn't matter though because this is not a plot-based movie. Rather, it's an examination of the realm between life and death. You begin to really feel for the main character as he faces his skepticism head-on. It's a breath of fresh air to see the main character be as skeptic as the viewer. It makes this movie very well grounded and all the more suspenseful because of its realism. The director did a decent job of creating this plot of supernatural circumstance. The acting is pretty good. I have to admit that doing this movie as a documentary or "found footage" sort was definitely the way to go. I'm usually not a huge fan of those types of movies, but for this movie it worked. One of my only problems with it is the jump scares. This movie didn't need them much, if at all. I do think these possession movies are beaten to death, but this one is definitely better than most. The suspense was there and it entertained, no more no less.

Better than most in its genre, but still relies on jump scares... 7/10

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the f*ck gets paid to come up with this bullshit? And how can I get paid to do the same?

They make them for like a million each (very low budget in the movie wrld) and just replay them over and over on their Network. I'm fairly certain I can come up with better movies than they do. The dialogue is pretty awful. I grew up wanting to be a Horror writer (I have 5-6 half written novels) and love everything Horror related.

Hell, myself, @FaCe-LeE-uS, and @Chef99 could probably put our creativity to use and churn out a good Horror flick.

But, I'm pretty sure it's intentional. I don't think they are trying to make a Horror movie that will get an award nomination.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make them for like a million each (very low budget in the movie wrld) and just replay them over and over on their Network. I'm fairly certain I can come up with better movies than they do. The dialogue is pretty awful. I grew up wanting to be a Horror writer (I have 5-6 half written novels) and love everything Horror related.

Hell, myself, @FaCe-LeE-uS, and @Chef99 could probably put our creativity to use and churn out a good Horror flick.

But, I'm pretty sure it's intentional. I don't think they are trying to make a Horror movie that will get an award nomination.
Damn straight we could! Without tryin that hard either.

I doubt they were ever supposed to get to where they are now. These movies started off serious, but now its seen as more of a comedy and somehow they are making more money off of them that way. Doesn't make any sense. I find absolutely zero comedy value from any of that nonsense

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharknado 4 this weekend.

The first 2 were okay but I think it's safe to say this "Franchise" has run it's course. I haven't seen the 3rd yet.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight we could! Without tryin that hard either.

I doubt they were ever supposed to get to where they are now. These movies started off serious, but now its seen as more of a comedy and somehow they are making more money off of them that way. Doesn't make any sense. I find absolutely zero comedy value from any of that nonsense

Some of them are a little funny imo. Certain parts of Sharknado 1 and 2 were a little funny and a few others. However, Dam Sharks isn't funny at all.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People watch these T & A Horror movies for the skin factor.......there's a definite market for Horror pron. If I hit the lotto and won 100 million......I'd set aside 3-5 million and go into the Horror pron business. Produce and direct pron movies with a Horror theme.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait, lemme get this straight; are the sharks building a dam with human bodies or are they enslaving humans to build a real dam?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I would watch. :D

Slightly off topic, Chef but I like what the Knicks have done this off-season.

A healthy Noah is going to be a better rim protector than Lopez and he's a beast rebounder (they should have tried to sign Gasol imo). Even if he only plays 60 games or so.....Rose will give NY a better PG than they had last season (Calderon and Grant combined to give them the worst PG play in the league and they added Courtney Lee to start at SG. He plays defense and can score 14-15ppg. And re-signing Lance Thomas to an affordable 4 year deal worth 27 million was smart. He's a solid backup SF to Melo. Brandon Jennings is a solid backup to Rose and can fill in and start if he missed 15-20 games. He's also a bargain at 1 year for 5 million.

I like what they did and think they can win 42-44 games in the EC, which should be good enough for a 7 seed.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,586.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait, lemme get this straight; are the sharks building a dam with human bodies or are they enslaving humans to build a real dam?

It's not like Planet of the Apes......:pound:

They are building a damn out of wood pieces, logs, and human body parts, head, etc.