• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Purge: Election Year (2016)

Have to start off by saying this movie proved to be a disappointment. They completely removed the horror element from the franchise and turned it into a typical roided-up action thriller. They focused a lot on a political conspiracy that made the entire plot very predictable. Not to mention there isn't much character development which leaves you caring very little about anyone. All of that combined to make a very flat & fairly unsuspensful movie. What really pissed me off the most was how all the cool lookin masked villains you see in the trailers only lasted maybe 3mins of the entire movie. Instead they focused too much attention on one group of teenaged girl villains that were about as threatening as a box of kittens. They tried hard to make those girls seem scary and it came off really lame. The main villains (swat task force & their employers) however carried some better face-value. They at least provided decent entertainment. As I said before, the plot & climax was very predictable and there weren't any twists. Overall I wouldn't recommend paying to see this. I streamed it online for free and was glad that I did.

Lost sight of what made the series so popular... 5/10

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not scrolling through over a 1,000 posts to see if it's already been posted. I've seen it before and I give it a solid 6. Too early to do a full analysis.

Not exactly sure why I'm up this early on my day off.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not scrolling through over a 1,000 posts to see if it's already been posted. I've seen it before and I give it a solid 6. Too early to do a full analysis.

Not exactly sure why I'm up this early on my day off.
That movie was pretty good. Sort of a cross between The Ring & Final Destination. Can't quite remember all that happens in it so I might have to give it another watch sometime soon.

FYI if you don't want to scroll through all the previous posts you can simply use the search tool. Make sure to check the "search this thread only" feature. But like we've said before, we don't care at all if there are multiple reviews on the same movie. Its encouraged in here! :suds:

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That movie was pretty good. Sort of a cross between The Ring & Final Destination. Can't quite remember all that happens in it so I might have to give it another watch sometime soon.

FYI if you don't want to scroll through all the previous posts you can simply use the search tool. Make sure to check the "search this thread only" feature. But like we've said before, we don't care at all if there are multiple reviews on the same movie. Its encouraged in here! :suds:

There's not enough of us on tHoop that like horror movies!!!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I had just finished ragging on M. Night ShamalaDing-Dong on another thread yesterday and then I came across this beaut while channel surfing:

happening-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(1).jpg

Seriously, this guy gets paid for making this stuff? What a racket! :pound::pound::pound:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not enough of us on tHoop that like horror movies!!!!
I think there are more than who we see posting in here. I see people reviewing horror movies in the "Last Movie You Watched" thread all the time. I tried responding a few times to those posts by encouraging them to come into this thread, but nobody ever replied. I'm hopin at some point this thread catches on with a bigger following. For now, we definitely have a great crew that come & go.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are more than who we see posting in here. I see people reviewing horror movies in the "Last Movie You Watched" thread all the time. I tried responding a few times to those posts by encouraging them to come into this thread, but nobody ever replied. I'm hopin at some point this thread catches on with a bigger following. For now, we definitely have a great crew that come & go.

I have been there once or twice I think.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I had just finished ragging on M. Night ShamalaDing-Dong on another thread yesterday and then I came across this beaut while channel surfing:

View attachment 140169

Seriously, this guy gets paid for making this stuff? What a racket! :pound::pound::pound:
His works are creative, but I wouldn't call him the "Horror King" that the media seems to throw out quite often. He's definitely a contender though. The Visit, The Village, Signs, The Devil, & The 6th Sense, were all good horror movies. He has a knack for telling enthralling stories.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 140169

I haven't seen that. He tells a different kind of Horror story.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, you guys don't wanna go see my buzzed thread where I talk about The Village. I liked Unbreakable, mainly 'cuz I grew up reading comics. Also liked 6th Sense, although I thought Bacon did a much better take on the theme with Stir of Echoes. Could never get through the Mel Gibson one.

Never seen The Devil, The Visit or the one about grandma. I am oddly fascinated by M. Night's movies so I wouldn't mind checking them out.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So recently I watched Cabin in the Woods and everyone has told me it was going to be "very very scary" ... When I watched it, it may have just been the most un-scary horror movie I have ever seen! Does anyone agree?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, you guys don't wanna go see my buzzed thread where I talk about The Village. I liked Unbreakable, mainly 'cuz I grew up reading comics. Also liked 6th Sense, although I thought Bacon did a much better take on the theme with Stir of Echoes.

I saw it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So recently I watched Cabin in the Woods and everyone has told me it was going to be "very very scary" ... When I watched it, it may have just been the most un-scary horror movie I have ever seen! Does anyone agree?

It wasn't scary but I liked it a lot. It was a different kind of Horror movie, which is always welcome in this day and age where shit gets recycled over and over.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And welcome!!! :suds:

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't scary but I liked it a lot. It was a different kind of Horror movie, which is always welcome in this day and age where shit gets recycled over and over.
Yeah I agree I mean it was a good movie just didn't get me scared but yeah overall good movie.