• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the trailer for this for the first time today. Apparently it is Dave Francos directorial debut. Something to do with werewolves.

Might check it out.

It has nothing to do with werewolves but you should definitely check it out.

Two couples on an oceanside getaway grow suspicious that the host of their seemingly perfect rental house may be spying on them. Before long, what should have been a celebratory weekend trip turns into something far more sinister, as well-kept secrets are exposed and the four old friends come to see each other in a whole new light.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with werewolves but you should definitely check it out.

Two couples on an oceanside getaway grow suspicious that the host of their seemingly perfect rental house may be spying on them. Before long, what should have been a celebratory weekend trip turns into something far more sinister, as well-kept secrets are exposed and the four old friends come to see each other in a whole new light.

Weird, I saw a facebook ad for a movie called The Rental and according to the trailer it was about werewolves lol.... I just googled the trailer now and... that was not what I saw initially lol. Dumb facebook.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a link for a deep blue sea 3. Don't recall a Deep Blue Sea 2, but after watching the trailer, think I may have watched it. Either way, seems like some trash I'll catch later this week. Fun times.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS Was there ever plans for a sequel to It Follows that you were ever aware of? I felt like they could've done a sequel or two for it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS Was there ever plans for a sequel to It Follows that you were ever aware of? I felt like they could've done a sequel or two for it.
Yessir... But these "talks" have been made as far back as 2015. Radius-TWC already revealed that they have been discussing a follow-up film. David Robert Mitchell seems open to it. Tom Quinn, the co-president of R-TWC revealed to Entertainment Weekly that they were discussing the plot with DRM. DRM mentioned in an interview with Vulture that he is completely open to the possibility of working on it to explore the concepts deeper.

"I don't want to give away too much, but we've thought about it... Flip the title... There's so much you could do" - Quinn

DRM is currently working on another horror titled "They Hear It" based on a short film by Julian Terry. I'm assuming we won't see that one until 2021. Best case, he works on the sequel after that and we see it late 2021 or early 2022.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gothic + Folk Horror = Neo-Fantasy?

Looks bizarre

And this... just lol. Wrong Turn goes aquatic?

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I watched "The Color Out of Space" the other day.
No, not the 2020 Nic Cage "Color Out of Space", which I assume contains a classic Cage freak out or two, but a 2010 German version of the classic H.P. Lovecraft tale.

Overall, a well-told version that sticks pretty close to the original text in theme and feel, but changes the location to Germany and protagonist (guy looking for his father instead of surveyor). The biggest issue is that it is incredibly slow. Also it is in black and white (with the notable exception of the "alien") with english subtitles.
Being a Lovecraft aficionado (his fiction, not his overt racism) I appreciated the story aspects but the style and aforementioned kind of art house production certainly limits any chance of broad appeal. The fxs, acting, even direction all are pretty decent.
I'll give it a 5.5/10 with a note to beware if you don't like b&w foreign movies.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really horror but we watched The Silencing (2020) last night... Pretty good crime drama with a fair amount of suspense. The plot threads were strangely chosen as I didn’t care at all for the Sherriff’s side plot or character. Honestly could have done without the entire character & her brother. Could have used more misdirection in the main story as we guessed who it was early on based on 1 blatantly obvious clue that was overlooked for 75% of the story. But the Rayburn (iirc) character pulled a good amount of emotion with his arc. Worth the watch.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched, ‘Host’. It’s filmed to present time so the entire movie is on Zoom. I don’t think I have ever jumped so much in a movie. My wife screamed multiple times and she never does lol. If you like jumpy movies you will like this one.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Girl goes to get her boobs reduced and mom goes along for some plastic surgery too. Big boobs caught my interest

Was thinking about watching this earlier bc I love gorey...made me think of the Hostel movies so I starter a Hostel marathon lol. Lots of boobs in those movies too

Watched Yummy last night. Quite the ridiculous movie but definitely satisfies the nudity & gore-hounds. Lots of dumb moments but luckily it never felt like it took itself too seriously so I can chalk it up to horror comedy.

“What kind of shit cock creme is this?”
<girl lights match & accidentally lights his d!ck on fire>

that scene had me busting up with laughter!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this movie last night...a little bit of comedy in this one too. Definitely unexpected, I enjoyed it

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched Yummy last night. Quite the ridiculous movie but definitely satisfies the nudity & gore-hounds. Lots of dumb moments but luckily it never felt like it took itself too seriously so I can chalk it up to horror comedy.

“What kind of shit cock creme is this?”
<girl lights match & accidentally lights his d!ck on fire>

that scene had me busting up with laughter!
Never been one for the gore fests. No imagination whatsoever.

Not sure if you've seen Dr. Sleep yet. I give that a solid 8.5/10. Very well done and spot on compared to King's works.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been one for the gore fests. No imagination whatsoever.

Not sure if you've seen Dr. Sleep yet. I give that a solid 8.5/10. Very well done and spot on compared to King's works.
Had to groom through 20ish pages just to find my damn review since the Hoop search function is still f*cked...

My review: Horror Movies

@Shaggy - Any updates on getting that fixed or?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw this movie last night...a little bit of comedy in this one too. Definitely unexpected, I enjoyed it
Weird movie. Had some funny moments but overall felt awkward and strange. Kept thinking the entire thing was going to be in his head. Elijah Wood plays the deranged role surprisingly well, like in most of all his roles in the horror/thriller genre.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird movie. Had some funny moments but overall felt awkward and strange. Kept thinking the entire thing was going to be in his head. Elijah Wood plays the deranged role surprisingly well, like in most of all his roles in the horror/thriller genre.

Elijah Wood plays in some weird movies. I’d imagine he’s a weird guy too lol

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to groom through 20ish pages just to find my damn review since the Hoop search function is still f*cked...

My review: Horror Movies

@Shaggy - Any updates on getting that fixed or?
Sounds like we're pretty close on our ratings. Personally I thought that the separation between the two films was appropriate and timely. The end drew thew two together quite well.